Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so lets' say each dot carries important details and processes and requires certain missions to be solved for it to function

and then the different dots have to be connected to perform a solid function..

and my problem is that i am good at managing each dots
and when i am FEELING stable, when the environment isn't turbulent enough gradually i reach a exponential point then i can easily connect these dots together

but when things are rough the connection completely deteriates.. and it is my huge problem you see
i think it is to do with my lack of brain power but then again i was wondering

how do you connect the dots? and how do you resource manage both the process and detail (which i think is utmostly important and fundamentals) and still gllue them together?

·
Registered
112 Posts
hmm, this is a pretty cool metaphor for this question..

aside from that, lemme try to answer by messing with your model a bit, to possibly illustrate how my idea of this differs....

so.. the environment is always turbulent, in fact, the dots aren't even drawn on a surface, they're floating on the ocean in a the middle of a hurricane. looking at it this way, each dot has a bit of a different design intention, so to speak, it has to do what it does, but be able to do it in the midst of intense change. so getting a dot to function as you want it to, becomes also about getting that dot to continue to function without your constant participation. i always think big picture first, and then figure out how to make the little bits work in a way that the world doesn't collapse if a number of things go horribly wrong, because they most likely will. :) you have to sort of trust certain things to work themselves out, and more importantly, if they don't, you have to trust yourself to be able to adapt. it doesn't matter what your plans are, something will change, so your energy is best spent becoming good at receiving change, imo.

have you read the tao te jing?
there's a lot about doing without doing, leading by following etc.. which is sort of what i'm getting at.

·
Registered
74 Posts
and my problem is that i am good at managing each dots
and when i am FEELING stable, when the environment isn't turbulent enough gradually i reach a exponential point then i can easily connect these dots together

but when things are rough the connection completely deteriates.. and it is my huge problem you see
i think it is to do with my lack of brain power but then again i was wondering
i feel you. though, i would not call it individual dots, it's more as connecting the general and the specific that gives me problem. they have to be somehw gradually joined together - no can do! ಠ_ಠ

i can do general really well, i can also focus on each specific case to the minutest detail but i seriously cannot connect those in a way that would make sense.

maybe you have heard of the silly term SEX used in academic setting, which means state, explain, examplefy. it's as if stating comes all to easily easily, examplefying as well but explaining things get's lost in the translation or something. i really cannot explain things. and i think it's due to my lack of brain power as well but i don't understand how that could be. i seem so dumb to myself yet my academic achievement says otherwise. i think it's mostly due to lots of effort that i'm doing fine.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I use chunking.

I break the process down to smaller chunks. Each piece has some result that must be accomplished. I only figure out the detail ie how to accomplish that result of the current piece. When I'm done with one piece, then I worry about the detail for the next piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts