Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a deep connection with animals/insects?
Even if you don;t like it,
For example today I was walking to lunch and when I got in there the lady was like
"OMG You have a bee on your chest!!"
Me: *Looks down* "Oh hey there,*laughs* I'll go let him outside"
Lady:"I'm suprised it didn't sting you!"
Me:"Oh don't worry happens all the time"

And it does with EVERYTHING I've had butterflies land on me and refuse to leave I mean it would stay on me for like a half hour dogs/cats always seem to take a liking to me.
Spiders have seemed to go near me and I'm SCARED of them I hate it also dragon flys have landed on me and I'm really really scared of them I have a mini freak out when that happens.Frogs,my sister's sugar glider the one that hates everyone and even crabs at her lol,Fish,Moths.

it's so bad my one close friend calls me 'snow white' haha

anyone else have similar expierence?

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Oh yes...I love animals and am pretty friendly to insects, usually if I'm not too scared of them (that's you, spiders!) I'll scoop them up and let them outside.

I was playing basketball with my brother outside a few weeks ago and all of a sudden a grasshopper jumped into the middle of the court, and I did everything I could to protect that guy, including losing the game. The little dude survived. :laughing:

But yeah, I know what you mean. My family has a cat, and when I go home to visit, I am the only one the cat likes to play with and doesn't like to bite. I also love trees, sometimes walking down the sidewalk I like to touch them. :happy: People probably think I am crazy haha.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know if insects are "drawn" to me in the way you describe, haha. But I am not grossed out or afraid of most bugs (other than the obvious ones). And even then I'd rather not have to kill them. Other than earwigs. I really, really dislike those bugs. Anyway, though, my friend always gets grossed out when I pick up a harmless bug and let it outside. It actually REALLY annoys me. She says it almost rudely "You're sooooo gross! AHH!" I saw a praying mantis walking on the ground recently and picked it up. We had a mosquito hawk in our house recently (these are good bugs), and I picked it up and let it outside. I pick up wood beetles all the time and let them out.

As for animals, I do feel that they have more of a connection to me. Random cats outside will warm up to me fast, whereas they won't with other people. My dog pisses herself when I come home for the weekend after I've been away for a long time. I've been called "the cat whisperer" as a joke, hahaha.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes and no. If it's a cockroach, I go into killer warrior mode and will get on all fours, knock over things, do a backflip, anything to get to it and kill it.

But I've always had interesting relationships with animals and certain insects.

Once while in a dog park with my friend and her dog, this beautiful dog that looked like a Vizsla slowly walked up to me and was staring intensly in my eyes, jumped next to me on the bench and sat next to me and put its paw on my leg and just sat calmly. It was such a strange and sweet thing as I was feeling depressed that day. I felt like he was saying "Don't worry".

·
Registered
375 Posts
Calvaire,

Yes indeed. Same things happens with me. Cats, dogs, birds, they all seem to sense that I am approachable. Beyond my pheromones, I don't know what I exude that tells them this, but it is a very nice thing.

2 years ago I went out on my front porch at night and saw a massive dragonfly on my porch light. I thought, "Hey, it would be kind of cool to hold it," so I reached my finger out and it stepped onto my finger and I held it up to my face and looked in its eyes. It liked me I think. I thought, "Hey I should get a picture of this," so I put him back on the light, went inside and got my camera, then put him back on my finger and took tons of pictures for like 30 minutes of him on my finger and me smiling with him next to my face. Then I saw a moth chilling (or actually warming) on the light, so I held the dragonfly up to the light and invited the moth to hop aboard and he fluttered for a second and landed on the dragonfly! I got a picture of that, too. It was a spiritual experience.

I did the same thing another time with a garden dragonfly, and a couple of months ago I held my hand out in the forest and silently invited a nearby circling butterfly to come say hello, which it did after 2 minutes.

Last week I walked outside and a hummingbird whirred from out of nowhere and hovered 3 feet in front of me, staring at me. Through silent communication we validated each other's existence and the hummingbird went its way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe. But I really have a problem with snails and larves. They give me terrible chills. My friends in school discovered this and every time they found a snail they took it and approached it to me, so I ran very far:crazy:. I would never kill them, however, I feel something between disgust and sadness when their shells crackle:crying:. And if a larve touched me I would simply panic!:crazy:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Oh yes...I love animals and am pretty friendly to insects, usually if I'm not too scared of them (that's you, spiders!) I'll scoop them up and let them outside.

I was playing basketball with my brother outside a few weeks ago and all of a sudden a grasshopper jumped into the middle of the court, and I did everything I could to protect that guy, including losing the game. The little dude survived. :laughing:

But yeah, I know what you mean. My family has a cat, and when I go home to visit, I am the only one the cat likes to play with and doesn't like to bite. I also love trees, sometimes walking down the sidewalk I like to touch them. :happy: People probably think I am crazy haha.

You made me lose the game. :(

And yes, that happens to me. When I was a child, I would play with bugs all day long. To this day, I love animals, and cats in particular usually seem to take to me.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You know they say people look lik their favorite dogs, or their cats - I remember it in "I Love You, Man."

Maybe we can type your animals here and you of course...and see if there is any validity to this "connection." :wink:

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Animals make me nervous(with the exception of house cats and wild brids).i had a bad experience with dogs when i was young and i don't like them much at all unless they never ever bark. generally when i see an animal i just give it space...when it comes to bugs i'm not fond of them either ants invaded my house when i was young and eventually i made a game of killing them, i'm afraid of bees and wasps. i just can't read what animals are thinking and really i feel that if i were in there palce i'd fucknig hate humans for all the shit we've caused them. this forum makes me feel so guilty about my lack of compassion/a connection with animals...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I fucking hate bugs.

I moved into the basement lately as a somewhat apartment for the school year this year, and there are a shit load of these bugs called "spider crickets" that crawl and hop all over the place down here. Just the other day as I was rearranging some furniture there were at least 20 behind my couch, and I went on a huge bug killing spree with a crow bar. I hate those fucking things. They hop out of nowhere and startle the shit out of me lol

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
IllBeBach;650364[B said:
]I fucking hate bugs.[/B]

I moved into the basement lately as a somewhat apartment for the school year this year, and there are a shit load of these bugs called "spider crickets" that crawl and hop all over the place down here. Just the other day as I was rearranging some furniture there were at least 20 behind my couch, and I went on a huge bug killing spree with a crow bar. I hate those fucking things. They hop out of nowhere and startle the shit out of me lol
man last spring i was wlaknig and a bug flew in my eye and i was jsutl ike"FUCK this is why i hate spring!"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Calvaire is maybe like this ... ;)

I somewhat like insects, and it is rewarding to feel that you can get along with them and trust them. They are often more harmless than they get credit for ... even a bee has to be relatively directly provoked to waste its time stinging you, and it is harder to feel hostile the more you observe them going about their activities, perhaps a little curious about you. Or again, earwigs, which used to creep me out are just harmless, despite the forceps on the back.

It is a good topic Calvaire. It makes me reflect on how much energy it takes to be provoked by something harmless anyway, like a moth, which can sometimes upset me if I find one in my home.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have this weird connection with birds, always have. I have always kept pet birds and I have raised some abandoned wild baby birds before. The coolest thing happened last summer when I was on vacation in Georgia and I'd just left a little cafe after lunch. There was a tree right in front of the cafe and a little fledgling grackle was sitting under the tree. I walked over and sat on the cement barrier around the tree and said "Hi little birdie!" He started hopping closer to me, and then all of a sudden he just flew over and landed on my finger! My friend took a few pictures of me with the bird:

I thought it was really cool; the bird sat on my finger for about 10 minutes, he even let me pet his tummy! People actually started gathering around asking me about the bird. He only hopped off my finger to join his mom after she came back. It was a really neat experience, definitely one of the highlights of my vacation. :happy:

·
exploring space
9,698 Posts
I have this weird connection with birds, always have. I have always kept pet birds and I have raised some abandoned wild baby birds before. The coolest thing happened last summer when I was on vacation in Georgia and I'd just left a little cafe after lunch. There was a tree right in front of the cafe and a little fledgling grackle was sitting under the tree. I walked over and sat on the cement barrier around the tree and said "Hi little birdie!" He started hopping closer to me, and then all of a sudden he just flew over and landed on my finger! My friend took a few pictures of me with the bird:

I thought it was really cool; the bird sat on my finger for about 10 minutes, he even let me pet his tummy! People actually started gathering around asking me about the bird. He only hopped off my finger to join his mom after she came back. It was a really neat experience, definitely one of the highlights of my vacation. :happy:
that was so cool!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
An acquaintance of mine rescued an abused cat. The cat hates everyone and everything. Except me. She told me the cat is scared and shy. But the first time I ever went over there, the cat came right up to me.

I feel a strong connection with nature, mostly with trees, and I have a thing for bumblebees.

I've also had too many extremely negative experiences with dogs, and I'm very much afraid of them. But I love wolves. Probably because I've never met one in real life. But I think they're beautiful creatures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with bugs... On one hand they scare me, on the other hand I love their cute small bug-ness. I once found a centipede in my basement and I named it Joe. However, I kept my distance from 'lil Joey. Otherwise I love animals, to the extent that I annoy them.

·
Premium Member
15,405 Posts
Very strong connection to dogs. Bugs... I am fascinated by them and love taking Macro sots to investigate but I don't feel a connection to them. Birds - one landed on my shoulder once and just walked around with me. I love squirrels, dolphins, well... I could go on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts