Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever get these metaphysical theories about why your life is going the way it is? I mean, for example, ... there were several times I felt like things happened for a reason. About thrice, my school/ job was forced to change then something bad happened after I left like a robbery, or a bomb explosion (man, I sound crazy!)... Or sometimes I feel like after I left a situation, it was for the better of others and to my misfortune. You know what I mean?

Do you fellow ENFJs feel these "instincts" as well? :confused:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's not something I ever talk about in depth, but I'm pretty spiritual. Maybe "pretty" is a little on the low side... I'm very spiritual. I avoid the word "religious", because I don't like to be roped in with the evangelical zealots of the world.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not something I ever talk about in depth, but I'm pretty spiritual. Maybe "pretty" is a little on the low side... I'm very spiritual. I avoid the word "religious", because I don't like to be roped in with the evangelical zealots of the world.
Yeah... Like sometimes I feel like I know what's going to happen. Many times (and I mean a lot) I was thinking of someone random, then a few minutes later I run into them. Weird! :happy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I care about is that everything happens for a reason...
I agree. I feel better when I think everything happens for a reason. Even when bad things happen, I still want to believe it's for something better to come. Often times though I find it just means it just plainly happened. But those moments when it happens for a reason is often in my life from what I'm seeing. Ever had that? Know what I mean?

Sorry, just rambling here. :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yeah... Like sometimes I feel like I know what's going to happen. Many times (and I mean a lot) I was thinking of someone random, then a few minutes later I run into them. Weird! :happy:
Ah but the question is... did you think about them because you were going to run into them, or did you run into them because you thought about them?

·
Registered
292 Posts
My mother usually talks a lot about this. She always finds "coincidences" that make her believe she already knew what was going to happen. She usually uses the word "intuition" (in the "mystical" meaning of the world) to express many things that can be easily deduced by induction.

There is also a cognitive bias that occurs when something you were thinking about actually happens and your brain says something like "I knew it!!". It can be quite misleading. Can't remember the name of that bias though, but it is extremely common.

I don't know if it is related to what you say, but I thought it might be useful to bring it to attention.

I believe this could be based on the introverted intuition function.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree. I feel better when I think everything happens for a reason. Even when bad things happen, I still want to believe it's for something better to come. Often times though I find it just means it just plainly happened. But those moments when it happens for a reason is often in my life from what I'm seeing. Ever had that? Know what I mean?

Sorry, just rambling here. :kitteh:
As gurlcorporate said, this creeps me out. I don't even pretend to understand this phenomenon.

I choose to believe that I am so cued into to those around me (or who used to be around me) that my subconscious mind picks up on cues that others might miss.

In other words, it's not magic, just a non-verbal awareness.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As gurlcorporate said, this creeps me out. I don't even pretend to understand this phenomenon.

I choose to believe that I am so cued into to those around me (or who used to be around me) that my subconscious mind picks up on cues that others might miss.

In other words, it's not magic, just a non-verbal awareness.
I agree... There must be some logic to intuition. :happy:

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
I think we can place meaning to anything anyway we want. This to me seems why a person can believe the surreal things they do, we have an imagination. One thing I always thought of was Johnny Cash and his song Man in black. The songs lyrics being many reasons why Mr Cash wore only black and it was poetic and inspiring for people. But im pretty sure it was one of his band mates that said the reason he been wearing black for so long was when the band for started it was the only matching colour the group of men had and he just kept wearing it.

We can create things out of nothing but sometimes suspicious aren't so crazy. I have one thought about the US in which I can see a possible path of people in positions where they join the army for good benefits, stability and reasonable income then get shipped off to war zones which actually profits some wealthy men.
I could go on a massive rant but I wont i'd just sound loopy :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
this topic is what actually led me to the discovery of the type test, this website and all of this, i was looking up the definition "intuition" on wiki because i wanted to know why i have this sense of leaving jobs early, the feeling that somethings going to wrong, predicting social situations and being spot on, i went from understanding that i was an "extroverted intuitive" immensely perceptive is they called it on the wiki page, which linked me to the myers briggs test and here i am

1 - 16 of 16 Posts