Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any reason a 6 would be drawn to conspiracy theories more than other types? I know any time I hear about a consiracy theory, I'm always thinking to myself...OMG the world is so terrible...and then I forget a few days later :/

·
Registered
105 Posts
6s are big on control, and typically are attuned to the qualities of various support systems. Conspiracy theories bring a comforting order out of a terrifying chaos, even if the order is brought about by a malicious entity. Particularly for counterphobic 6s, the idea of secret organizations within institutions gives them a rational [to them] basis for rebelling against authority. Conspiracy theories will allow the 6 to stabilize and structure the enemy that is unpredictability.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd say yes, 6s can be drawn to conspiracy theories, especially cp 6s (like jockthemotie pointed out), as it provides some external stability into their reasoning. But they aren't the only type; 5s could be really drawn to them (potentially the most out of all types) as it provides an "explanation" of what's really going on in the world, 8s could believe in them as well, as it proves to them that there are malicious people out there who want to abuse power and control them, confirming their view of life as a battleground.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I'm a counterphobic six who is not interested in conspiracies at all. In general, I find in unhealthy to make shit up in order to feel better. Maybe that's because I'm a 6w5?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a counterphobic six who is not interested in conspiracies at all. In general, I find in unhealthy to make shit up in order to feel better. Maybe that's because I'm a 6w5?
I eventually end up thinking that too, its just for like two or three days after first hearing it, I'm always excited that "now I know who the real villain is!"

Maybe that's more related to Fi vs. Ti. I get all emotionally wrapped up in whatever that conspiracy may be. Of course, just hearing the word "Illuminati" will instantly make me think "oh wait...this is BS".

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nah, I'm not really interested in conspiracy theories at all (as a 6w7).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts