Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten to the point where there appears to be something more to life and i'm trying to get there, a new perspective, a new mindset, a new way of living something that is closer to the "truth" that is free from all these illusions and distractions we face everyday a counter argument to my search for going deeper might be that you should just enjoy life or you should accept things the way there are or perhaps live in the present moment/enjoy life (insert alan watts - music and life here) and feel more than you think but i've tried the above^ living in the present is important but i've gotten bored of it i've pretty much incorporated those counter arguments into my life anyway but what are your thoughts on my search to go deeper into life? i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth

·
Registered
283 Posts
What would you do with the truth once you got it?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The "truth" is probably different for every person, and it sounds a lot like you have an innate desire for Transcendence. Their probably isn't an objective truth, just do what you want? That's probably oversimplified but it's better than searching for something that probably isn't there.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
can you please start using actual sentences? your posts are impossible for me to read.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This deeper meaning of life youre trying to acquire, does not just appear from thin air. It may never appear at all. I think youre trying too hard to find your truth. You should just live your life, and if you feel the urge to improve it, than do it. Workout, start up ping-pong, enroll in college, anything. Dont just sit there and expect the truth to reveal itself. It's out there, now go find it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I'm glad you added "(philosophy)" to the title, because I thought this thread should have been about sexual positions for deepest penetration.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I have gotten to the point where there appears to be something more to life and i'm trying to get there, a new perspective, a new mindset, a new way of living something that is closer to the "truth" that is free from all these illusions and distractions we face everyday a counter argument to my search for going deeper might be that you should just enjoy life or you should accept things the way there are or perhaps live in the present moment/enjoy life (insert alan watts - music and life here) and feel more than you think but i've tried the above^ living in the present is important but i've gotten bored of it i've pretty much incorporated those counter arguments into my life anyway but what are your thoughts on my search to go deeper into life? i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth
Living in the present is not incompatible with living deeply and truthfully. Living in the present is living truthfully. The future and past are illusions.

Being fully present forces a lot of difficulties on a person. Without the past to blind us and the future to give us false expectations we have to live with our state. That is not necessarily comfortable. But it is wise.

Achieving some balance and perspective helps us to progress along every track towards a virtuous life simultaneously. I do not believe this situation is subjective only as many others do. It is objective and only subjectively experienced. There is a difference. You belong and you are an integral part of everything. Find your way to resonate that and emerge that resonant expression in others.

Reactions: Vellyon

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm glad you added "(philosophy)" to the title, because I thought this thread should have been about sexual positions for deepest penetration.
well, karma sutra and tantric sex is said to provide enlightenment.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Going deeper is living in the present since you are going deeper; in the present.

By the way, you're on a hamster wheel. There is no endpoint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts