Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Constantly trying to get deeper? (philosophy)
I have gotten to the point where there appears to be something more to life and i'm trying to get there, a new perspective, a new mindset, a new way of living something that is closer to the "truth" that is free from all these illusions and distractions we face everyday a counter argument to my search for going deeper might be that you should just enjoy life or you should accept things the way there are or perhaps live in the present moment/enjoy life (insert alan watts - music and life here) and feel more than you think but i've tried the above^ living in the present is important but i've gotten bored of it i've pretty much incorporated those counter arguments into my life anyway but what are your thoughts on my search to go deeper into life? i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth​

·
Registered
252 Posts
I found that punctuation really helped me on my own journey towards truth.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
insert>what if air is poisonous and it just takes 80 years to kills us.jpg

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I have gotten to the point where there appears to be something more to life and i'm trying to get there, a new perspective, a new mindset, a new way of living something that is closer to the "truth" that is free from all these illusions and distractions we face everyday a counter argument to my search for going deeper might be that you should just enjoy life or you should accept things the way there are or perhaps live in the present moment/enjoy life (insert alan watts - music and life here) and feel more than you think but i've tried the above^ living in the present is important but i've gotten bored of it i've pretty much incorporated those counter arguments into my life anyway but what are your thoughts on my search to go deeper into life? i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth

Getting deeper will probably make you "go insane". That's not necessarily a bad thing though, because what is classified as “sane” is really just a normative description of behavior that is adapted to and supporting whatever social paradigm you're living in. Just like being a “criminal” depends entirely on what sort of legal system is in place where you are.

The deeper you go, the further away from the norm you come. Once you're past a certain point, you might be considered insane. But it is up to you whether to reveal your “insanity” or not. Just because you see things differently doesn't mean you have to act on it, it just gives you the freedom to.

And Nietzsche is a great example. Not because he went insane (which was probably the syphilis anyway) but because he really had the balls to go all the way. I hope he will be posthumously elevated to the height he deserves.

Count this post as one vote for option “Keep going”. :)

And as usual, Do Not Feed The Trolls. ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's not fair! You can't add punctuation NOW!!!

... Well played.

EDIT: Wait, what the fuck? in my haze of half-alive tiredness, I thought you'd added punctuation in. Apparently not, though. In that case, I'll reserve this post for actual thoughts.

Reactions: Bricolage

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth
I don't think there is A truth. I wouldn't go deep with that purpose in mind. I would, just for the fun and beauty of it.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I don't think there is A truth. I wouldn't go deep with that purpose in mind. I would, just for the fun and beauty of it.
Which makes you very Nietzschean. Superman is a woman, why am I not surprised ;)

Reactions: Nastorm

·
Registered
252 Posts
The only truth you'll find is that there is no inherent truth or meaning to life. Just warning you now. I'm actually surprised you haven't found that out already. Anyways, once you realize that, you'll be able to find the truth to your life. Look into existentialism if you haven't already.

The search for truth is a respectable endeavor. Don't worry, you'll definitely go crazy if you find out the truth, but it's not so bad. I think.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
how deep into the rabbit hole are you willing to go? It'll only get darker and unbreathable the further down you go. Unless you believe there's some hidden land or dimension beyond the darkness of soot and grime.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts

·
Banned
2,728 Posts

I have gotten to the point where there appears to be something more to life and i'm trying to get there, a new perspective, a new mindset, a new way of living something that is closer to the "truth" that is free from all these illusions and distractions we face everyday a counter argument to my search for going deeper might be that you should just enjoy life or you should accept things the way there are or perhaps live in the present moment/enjoy life (insert alan watts - music and life here) and feel more than you think but i've tried the above^ living in the present is important but i've gotten bored of it i've pretty much incorporated those counter arguments into my life anyway but what are your thoughts on my search to go deeper into life? i don't really care if i go insane like Nietzsche i want to get closer and closer to the truth​
Hm... **scratches head** May I ask?

What truth are you looking for? I went from Socrates-Rand, and none of them had a clue.

Nietzsche is a waste of time, let me save you some trouble. His incessant ramblings get old, quick.

There is only one "philosopher" who unequivocally sets himself apart from the rest. Get your mind blown.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts