Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the morning i always wake up scared, anxious, and depressed i get better as i talk to people but what do i do on the days when i need to stay home and study for big exams, should i talk to people online? like friends or omegle, should i maybe try and get a girlfriend to talk to call me in the mornings or have breakfast with friends, these are hard choices,
(i can't talk to family and it's a long explanation why)

what are your suggestions and comments? and what are your thoughts on being extraverted and it's disadvantages/advantages?

i'm a bit of an antisocial extraverted guy like last few months i was antisocial but now i am bit more social again for the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It could, possibly. As extraverts, socialization is crucial to us to feel energized.
But in your case, it might depend - I would think some introspection might be necessary first, so that you can identify why you're feeling anxious and depressed. Thay part is key, otherwise everything else would be a bandage over the real wound, long term. Get to the root of the problem and face it head on, and then use socialization as a supplement to feeling better.

As someone who also needs a lot of people around to feel good, I've realized -
It's a good thing to have a lot of friends in your life, but I haven't been picky enough with the people I choose to spend time with. At the end of the day I wasn't happy, since I went for quantity over quality.

Interactions with people come naturally, but it's tough being alone.
I lost touch with the person I was, since I kept using others as a sounding board for my mood/etc.
When I was by myself, I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to do.

In a way, I think being too extraverted can cause a lot of damage to your ability to be dependent on yourself and you lose chances to become more self reliant by not taking enough time alone to develop them.
On the other hand, (our type at least) are natural people charmers so we have more people to rely on in times when we need them.

All up to you, to decide what's best for your particular lifestyle and goals.

·
Registered
353 Posts
actually to me just the act of speak loudly makes me more motivated. i like to say that my Hierarchy of outer stimuli and motivation is
Speak out loud<asking inappropriate questions<<<getting a surprise answer<<<geting positive feedback=getting negative feedback but in a way i see humor in the situation(if the situation isn't funny for me or i don't have an answer then i become shy and anxious)

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
While socialization will help you short term, if you're having serious problems with depression/anxiety, I recommend seeing a therapist.

Seriously. It's helped me a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts