Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In conversations or discussions I might have with myself or others, or even typing out as a forum post I tend to loose memory of my original point. Not lost entirely, but literally fades in detail significantly until it's completely hidden from view at an exponential rate. I believe some others have mentioned this as well here, so I am curious if anyone has any ideas that might help with this annoying problem.:crazy:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm an INxJ, and, though I choose to identify with the F rather than the T more often our dominant function is still the same: dreaded Ni. Any type with this dominant function suffers what you describe. I'm an educator so this used to cause me all kinds of grief in my first couple of years. Learn to use your Te before sinking down into the Ni. Once I learned how to put my T work horse to work for me FIRST I was able to keep from becoming lost in the labyrinth that is my mind. I hope that helps. :happy:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes, just let your Te in control of Ni. I've created an alter-ego for my Te and I named him Freddo (means cold in italian). I tend to never lose grip of reality as long as I understand what I'm doing. When I don't, it means that Ni is still filling the blanks.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I haven't named him, but yes, in some cases, Te is a better workhorse than Ni. Basically, if something is straight logic, I force my mind in Te mode. If something requires creativity, I use Ni. Basically, the Te does the perspiration and the Ni the inspiration - and we all know that genius is 10% inspiration and 90% transpiration.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My Fi is a happy rainbow unicorn - happy, friendly, colorful and always horny! He gets bitchslapped a lot though.
Funny funny funny funny funny funny!!!! Good image to go jogging with: the poor guy sitting around in a happy place who get's the shit slapped out of him whenever he opens his mouth!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
In conversations or discussions I might have with myself or others, or even typing out as a forum post I tend to loose memory of my original point. Not lost entirely, but literally fades in detail significantly until it's completely hidden from view at an exponential rate. I believe some others have mentioned this as well here, so I am curious if anyone has any ideas that might help with this annoying problem.:crazy:
If it's something important, I write down an abbreviated form of what I want to say somewhere easily visible to me. (Usually I put it in code on my hand). As pitiful as that may sound, it allows me to keep my train of thought and speak coherently. If the idea/train of thought occurs to me mid conversation, I use basic memory techniques to help me remember to expound upon that reasoning/question later. For example, I might look at a chair while I reflect upon the idea so the chair letter then will be associated with the train of thought. Or I might come up with some abstract association or acronym that connects back to what I want to say.

However, if it's not something especially important, I wouldn't worry about it. The human race is incredibly spacey. If you take note of the flow of a natural conversation between two people you find that most start a sentence with one train of thought in mind, and by the time they complete it they have forgotten their purpose. Instead they end up rambling about something totally irrelevant for the next twenty minutes. While this might be off putting to us 'J's who like things ordered, organized, and concluded it seems to be an appropriate way to communicate in the social world. Most enjoy this process of unconnectedness and still consider it successful social interaction. The trick then is not to always remember one's original train of thought, but to refrain from introverting to the point where you have difficulty keeping up with the current random occurrences of one's external environment.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the same problem as the OP. I will start cracking the whip on my Te, like you all suggested. :proud:

My Ni, aka The Dictator:

My Te, aka The Lazy Bastard:

My Fi...much like Filo's:

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Ni, something like this yet more colorful and crazy:

Te:

Fi:

variant 1 (standard):

variant 2 (happy):

1 - 11 of 11 Posts