Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this has been crossing my mind... I wonder if anyone here has ever been inappropriately touched by someone...... Even by the same sex? What was your reaction? How did you feel? Did you ever forgive the person? Were you the offender or offendee? If you want to disclose where they touched you, it's up to you. I'm just wondering how different types react to it.

I've been smacked on the butt before by older women..... TWICE. I just laughed it off...
I was also groped by a straight (allegedly) guy while at work years ago when I was a teen (he was a teen as well).... I didn't laugh that off.

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I actually think that unsolicited hugs without permission [IRL] are as good as groping.

I was at a meditation club recently, and they were all huggers. I was happy they asked me for permission before hugging ... but it was extremely awkward --- My first instinct was to refuse, but I felt kinda pressured into it because there was a lot of emotional pressure involved. Considering how it made me feel after, I would think twice before I respond with a "yes" to a hug again.

That said, in Pakistan hugging is common as a form of congratulations, and it's a form of greeting on one of our festivals: Eid - so I reluctantly accept and give those - but my preference is not to. I feel it's a violation of my physical boundaries.

Also .. my father in law had a habit of hugging and kissing me on my cheek as a show of affection ... I couldn't refuse because of the relationship and also because they made it seem so "normal" ... I never liked it ... and at one point, it almost became a cause of a fight between my wife and I.

I have never groped, or purposefully invaded another person's personal space. I respect mine a lot and expect others to respect it, therefore I award the same respect to others.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
My tits have received more attention than they have ever anticipated. A lot of my chick friends as well as my gay homeboys feel that my jumblies are open game for them. I don't particularly mind as long as I'm fully comfortable with the person in question and the tit play isn't prolonged. I'm not comfortable around a lot of people though, and I do discriminate against the straight males. That's unfair, blah blah blah... I know. I don't care. Straight males need to ask me permission as I'm almost always uncomfortable around them. Unless I grab your hand and physically put it where I want it, I wouldn't try it. You'll probably get smacked.

Omg, this reminds me... I used to help out at a non-profit. I was technically still considered a "youth" but I still did a lot of work for that organization. Anyways, I had been there for a while and this boisterous new youth--it was her first day there-- thought it would be okay to just walk up to me and give 'em a squeeze. I was horrified and in shock. She had no social grace whatsoever. I pushed her and walked away. Like really? WTF? How do you walk up to a complete stranger grab away? I don't get it.

In any case, @The King Of Dreams, just draw your boundaries with that guy. Tell him to never do it again. If he does it again, I would take action. That would be a very solid case for sexual harrassment in my opinion. I would tell you to go ahead and file the complaint, but I don't think you have it in you to do it without giving this guy another chance... just a guess.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@The King Of Dreams, just draw your boundaries with that guy. Tell him to never do it again. If he does it again, I would take action. That would be a very solid case for sexual harrassment in my opinion. I would tell you to go ahead and file the complaint, but I don't think you have it in you to do it without giving this guy another chance... just a guess.
LOL That was years ago when i was a teen! LOL It's not happening anymore. :laughing:

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
LOL That was years ago when i was a teen! LOL It's not happening anymore. :laughing:
I'm glad it's not happening any more ^.^' I automatically associated it with happening with someone in the workplace... my fault (I was assaulted in the workplace.) That one... that's been a difficult one to recover from. I considered that guy a trusted friend... ugh, that disgusting excuse for a human being. Seriously... fucking pig.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad it's not happening any more ^.^' I automatically associated it with happening with someone in the workplace... my fault (I was assaulted in the workplace.) That one... that's been a difficult one to recover from. I considered that guy a trusted friend... ugh, that disgusting excuse for a human being. Seriously... fucking pig.
I'm sorry if I drew up some bad memories :sad:

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I'm sorry if I drew up some bad memories :sad:
No, you're fine, lol, and it's actually good for me to talk about it a little bit. It's healthy, and I needed the vent. Recent events have triggered some PTSD... panic attacks and such. It's better if I'm open about it at this point.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I actually think that unsolicited hugs without permission [IRL] are as good as groping.

I was at a meditation club recently, and they were all huggers. I was happy they asked me for permission before hugging ... but it was extremely awkward --- My first instinct was to refuse, but I felt kinda pressured into it because there was a lot of emotional pressure involved. Considering how it made me feel after, I would think twice before I respond with a "yes" to a hug again.

That said, in Pakistan hugging is common as a form of congratulations, and it's a form of greeting on one of our festivals: Eid - so I reluctantly accept and give those - but my preference is not to. I feel it's a violation of my physical boundaries.

Also .. my father in law had a habit of hugging and kissing me on my cheek as a show of affection ... I couldn't refuse because of the relationship and also because they made it seem so "normal" ... I never liked it ... and at one point, it almost became a cause of a fight between my wife and I.

I have never groped, or purposefully invaded another person's personal space. I respect mine a lot and expect others to respect it, therefore I award the same respect to others.
I actually think that this kind of attitude is incredibly important for people to have, in terms of everyone, but especially where teaching children about boundaries and bodily autonomy are concerned. I think that this pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject:

Backing up a child who doesn’t want to be kissed or hugged does not mean that Grandma, or Great Aunt Edna, or Uncle Bob or Cousin Sara are doing anything wrong, but it does demonstrate that touch and play for affection or fun is your child’s choice in all situations.

--Amy Tiemann
Assuming that you have a right to touch someone or do things to someone else's body without getting consent just because you have a particular kind of relationship with them is a huge part of how sexual assault occurs in intimate/romantic relationships.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No one has ever felt me up before, with the exception of my ex girlfriend but she definitely had my permission to.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back in 2007 at Mardi Gras Soulard, some unknown person grabbed my ass. I'll never know who it is. >.> Guessing it was some drunk guy benefiting from the fact I was freezing to death that day. lol
I'm sorry that happened to you :sad: Once I was in a crowd and my hand accidentally brushed against a girls butt..... I tried to say excuse me but the crowd was a little loud so I'm not sure if she heard me. :unsure:
But I've never been that kind of person. But I never grabbed anyone.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No one has ever felt me up before, with the exception of my ex girlfriend but she definitely had my permission to.
I had a friend that had a gay guy smack his butt and he told him he wasn't gay... That's all he said, but the guy was sorry. But regardless of the persons orientation....... personal space is personal space.... although I'm EXTREMELY affectionate with both genders, I makes absolutely SURE that I don't invade personal space unless they consent with a sober mind.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
A few times actually, I'm surprised by the answers already posted because I thought it was a more common occurrence than this.

The time that had the biggest effect on me was when I was 13, by a 14 year old guy. Before it happened I honestly believed I could defend myself against a guy my own age I was shocked by how strong he was.

It made me feel vulnerable and weak because I couldn't stop him and left a bit of resentment towards all guys.

I know all guys aren't like that but I still resent them slightly for being strong enough to do it if they want to.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Too many times. And I always make sure it's completely unwelcome if they're forceful and rude about it.

Once I was dancing at a club (in jeans and pretty modest top) and some random guy grabbed my ass and wouldn't let go. When I managed to break free, I put my boot up his ass.

Another time a guy pulled down the top of my strapless dress. He's probably still singing soprano.

·
Banned
486 Posts
I've had my ass grabbed a number of times. Sometimes subtle enough that I'm not certain if it was intentional, other times obvious enough that it was the equivalent of "find me later" in a bar.
I'm not really insulted by it, more intrigued. I have my head in the clouds a lot of the time so I appreciate a woman with a direct approach.

I don't generally cop a feel without permission myself. I have a time or two, drunkenness not being an excuse but certainly a factor. I once had a larger woman shove her boobs in face and then get offended when I poked them and asked what should thought she was doing putting them there. Given she violated my sanctity first I was pretty amused that she thought she could be offended by my poking.

Generally I'm either very touchy, with my intimate partners, or not touchy at all, as I am with everyone else. Physical contact is significant to me so I don't go about it all willy nilly.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm actually pretty famous for groping women w/o permission. I've been slapped, punched, kicked, and I even got stabbed once. But it was totally worth it.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts