Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coraline from the 2009 film.

I find her intriguing due to her strong personality (Which I'm trying to induce into myself) She seems to have good intentions but with a hard exterior.
I would say she's a...
I- With some E energy when she is comfortable.
N- Has a big dream like imagination and likes to explore.
T/F- This was difficult because she doesn't like the lack of harmony with others in her life but because of this she has a stern outer shell. She is surrounded by people who don't listen which takes a tole on her.
P/J- This was also difficult due to the fact that she is just a child. She seems to get things done when the time calls for it yet she is seen putting of chores.

I'm very new at this so excuse me if I don't make since. So what do you guys think of this character?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think she is a Ni-dominant. This means she could be an INTJ or INFJ.

Coraline doesn't show much Fe, so I think she is a Ni-Te (INTJ).
Do you mind explaining why you think this? I'm new and this theory is getting overwhelmingly larger the more I learn.
Either way thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do you mind explaining why you think this? I'm new and this theory is getting overwhelmingly larger the more I learn.
Either way thanks for the comment.
There are eight functions, and each person has one which is most used.
Ni, Ne, Si, Se, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe

Introverted Intuition (Ni) is my favorite function. People with Ni as a dominant function are introverted, and they have a very weak Se (Extroverted Sensing). This is why they appear to not know what is happening around them. They don't pay attention to what is happening around them, instead wandering around a fictional land in their mind.

Coraline was definitely a Ni dominant, since she had a strong imagination. Her mind constructed this intricate world full of detail.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Female INTP possibly?

Reactions: Pepper Ann

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Coraline was definitely a Ni dominant, since she had a strong imagination. Her mind constructed this intricate world full of detail.
She's also a kid who's not pleased with her current living-situation. And I can't remember that world being her creation. It was the Bedlam who made it for her. Even if it was based on her imagination, it actually borrows heavily from her real world. So I don't take that as a sign that Coraline doesn't pay attention to the world around her. Seems to be the other way around for me.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
ISFP with strong Ni

Reactions: Pepper Ann

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rewatched the movie for the 10th time and I came up with this

Caroline= INTX, tendency towards intp but I’d also see her as an underdeveloped INTJ because of her strong nE ( i don’t agree her being typed as infp.)
That annoying whyborn= EXFP, tendency to enfp bc he’s urgh
Original mom= an unhealthy and annoyed ISFJ
Original dad= a very chill ENTP ?

April = Esfj ?
Miriam = esfp ?

Other mom= manipulative INFJ
Other dad= manipulated enfp ?

Cat= neutral intp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts