Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

So recently I've been studying myself and I've realized that I'm not too different from the intjs. Well my best friend is an intj. Though I'm an infj. Definitely a feeler when relating to the world. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out my core. I seem to fit the 5w4 sx/so descriptions but I've actually tested as a four once. Considering wings, 4 is a lot stronger than 6. Though I'm not that dramatic and feeling oriented. Identity is a peripheral focus. The core would be one that fits the 5 description. So yes. How would you consider your four/five-ishness? I know an infj correlates best to the 4s; due to it being the most intuitive type, and intps fit the 5 descriptions. But in all the cognitive functions test, I seem to be an infj. My thinking process is the one that makes me doubt my 4 core. I tend to think in patterns. I see how they're linked and connect them. I understand it and apply it. I use those patterns to understand people. But usually the process is I tend to think first. How I feel inside isn't really of much interest to me. Ideas matter more. I think of what I wish to do or contribute but my emotions then get in the way. Usually if they're overwhelming I'll have to dive into them and rationalise them. Make sense of it and then discard it. But yes I'm completely aware of others emotions which makes it hard for me to get a point across. How would you go about choosing your core in this situation?

My tritype is 548. Not sure of my core.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the most useful ways to determine core Enneagram type are to look at (1) the basic fears of the types, and (2) behavior under stress. So I'd just read several descriptions of basic fears, unhealthy levels, and disintegration of types 4 and 5 and see which one seems most like you during the more difficult periods of your life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts