Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Do you have a feeling of sadness or depression and
fear/anxiety due to corona life or covid 19 it self?
2.What do you want to do when corona finishes?
3.What will you do if corona lasts many many years/forever?
4.How do you think decades of corona could change society?

·
Registered
INTP
4,939 Posts
1. Some fear and anger because people won't follow the protocols. If you don't want to wear a mask or whatever, fine. But how hard is it to stay 6 feet away from me?

Sadness to find out how dishonest people are. When they want permission to bend a rule: "I'm just going to do X." Then they do X and three other things.

2. Travel to South America.

3. Same thing I'm doing now. Spend my time alone, enjoy the outdoors, have fun on the Internet.

4. It's already divided people. I guess it will only get worse.

I hope there will be "safe" cities/regions where people have to follow protocols, and "free" cities where people can breathe on each other all they want until they die off.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
<<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

There will always be many causes for miscommunication

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,506 Posts
1.Do you have a feeling of sadness or depression and fear/anxiety due to corona life or covid 19 itself?
I don't know. I think the current situation may have gotten me slightly more down. The response to the sickness has been a bit disappointing, but that's not a direct result of it being my fault.

I'd like to visit the restaurant that I really like called Petite Provence, a French Bistro. Probably invite along my cousin to go there as well. It's hard to keep in contact with him, and we really need to have coffee together. I really miss hanging out with some of my friends in person, so maybe we'll do something together, like a party at my place or something.

It won't. Well, it may but the effects of the disease will be reduced once more of the population gets infected and recovers. If a sufficient portion of the population becomes effectively immune, the transmission rate will fall.

But let's just say it does. I don't think I will do things much differently than I do now.

I don't want to think about it :)

You haven't answered your own questions @Electra. I wanna know what you think.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 ♍
240 Posts
1. Mostly sadness. Fear and depression - not much.

2. Something usefull?

3. Want to be away from madness. Living "off grid".

4. Destruction of economics (but not for megacorporations), chaotic and uncertain environmemt, society divided in various groups - ethnic, political, religious. It can happen in 2-3 years. "Chaotic state" will be almost global but there will be areas where it won't reach. Those who will live off grid can avoid it.

·
Registered
33,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1.Do you have a feeling of sadness or depression and fear/anxiety due to corona life or covid 19 itself?
Yes, it's pretty depressing to not get to people so much (only about 17 hours a month if I am lucky.) Even though I scored introvert I deeply miss people, just sitting in the same room with someone would be sufficient, even if we don't talk. But luckily I have my family, I have my friends, I have Per c, I have my MMORPG, and an anti-depression app called CBT-diary (which can often help me cope with negative emotions). All that helps a lot! Sometimes I have wondered if it's depression I feel but I think it's the sucomestances that makes life sad at the monent, ie corona. I have tried to see the positive in the situation, for example that at least the world wont be overpopulated and at least some major change happend in my life and I got a break from the boredom I so often feel, but it doesn't allways work such as when the mother of someone I know died quite young for people to die. But I have heard the vaccines will prolly come soon. Also for some reason I am not as scared as I should be of getting corona my self, I don't know why, maybe becase I have been deadly ill before when I was younger, but I still take precausions, for the sake of others and for the sake of my self!

When corona finishes I want to hug people more and go out to dance again. Travel more, but not nesseserily much with a plane, do to the climate changes. I want to hang out with people i love! I don't think the world should go back to normal completely after the corona, because there is something we could and should learn from this pandemic, such as how we treat animals and other humans, and what consequences global travel can have despite all it's advantages. Not saying we should stop traveling completely but something has to be done to make sure that doesn't happen again. That being said, viruses can travel fine on their own, take the black plague and SARS 2 for example. Maybe covid 19 was just a question of time? What could happen next? I think those who hasn't need to learn to treat creatures with respect and know that every living creature in this world has value, and have to stop treating animals as object or garbage even if the reason was powerty, but for that to happen we need to treat all humans with respect and provid money more equally then in the past. We are only as strong as our weakest link. Corona sees no borders and doesn't judge people by its wealth. If people are poor then they might have to sell exotic animals, not because they want to but because they have to.The living conditions for these animals can be poor, for example...no I'm not gonna mention it here, because I don¨t want to insult anyone or hurt them more then they allready have been. .But the point is that those poor living conditions , and if those people had more money to survive, they might be able to stop it. Poor living conditions for animals, living so close to eachother and other humans, possibly create possibilities for the virus to spead from humans to animals, its both immoral, unethical and unhealthy.

Hm, yeah...aaaaaw...idk but...I can make up some guesses about the future...maybe the dating scene will be different. For example maybe people will judge eachother on the quality of their masks and ability to keep social distance? Or what if the virus should mutate? I think it's intereesting to think about. Would love to read sci-fi about it!

This is a bit...erm...in general: maybe people would use masks on a daily basis as a norm? Maybe the dating scene would change? Maybe we would get food delievered to our doors? Maybe there would not be so much STD's? Maybe families would get to spend more time together? Maybe people would spend less time on their looks? Maybe virtual reality and videogames in general would flourish? Maybe people would get so fed up with the whole corona restrictions that they stop caring anymore and just go on like normal? If so, maybe the world would stop being overpopulated and lots of people would loose some of their beloved family members as a result?

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
776 Posts
1.Do you have a feeling of sadness or depression and fear/anxiety due to corona life or covid 19 it self?

Last night I was in a bit of a panic. I was feeling anxious and depressed and lonely like never before. I think it was in large part due to the social isolation caused by COVID lockdowns. I never went (involuntarily) with so little social contact for so long.

Talk to my coworkers face to face (yeah, I know - of all the things to wish for), eat at restaurants, browse in shops, go to meet-ups, go to the gym.

I think society will adapt, so it wouldn't be as bad as it is now. But I would be worried about economic depression. So I would feel pressured to perform at work and gain useful skills to make sure I stay employed. I might start cutting my spending drastically in an attempt to save for hard times ahead. Heck, I might even move back in with my parents even though that's something I've been stubbornly refusing for a while.

Again, I think society will adapt and things will return to normal to an extent. But there will be some new norms like the option to work from home and ordering food remotely. As a result, individuals will become further separated from one another and collectivist ideals would become less relevant. Or perhaps there would be greater polarization as parts of society with different cultures and beliefs become further isolated from one another.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
1.Do you have a feeling of sadness or depression and fear/anxiety due to corona life or covid 19 it self?
Nope. I've pretty much done the same things that I've always done. The only difference is not dining in at restaurants. I have to travel for work and have even done some travel for pleasure (hiking trip out in Colorado). Just wear a mask (to protect others in case I get it, not really to protect myself) and keep my distance from others.

If anything it's made me happier because it's made travel so much easier and cheaper. A nearly empty O'Hare Airport, flights 1/2 full max, and cheap hotels and rental cars...it's amazing! When I drive the roads are not as crowded and gas is cheaper.

Travel abroad. I need to go someplace without as many idiots.

Wear a mask and keep my distance from people when I go out and or travel. If people had more common sense it wouldn't be so bad, but to some everything is a conspiracy and or down played.

Certain industries will die or have to adapt like bars, movie theatres, and restaurants. Dating will be impacted.

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Yes, I do, but my anger easily balances these feelings.

I detest the limitations placed upon us by all this fear. Social interaction/congregation is so many things, sports, eating and drinking together, even conversation where you can read the other person's human cues (not cower behind the internet), and even things like fashion and furnishings are affected.

But my anger demands to know who did this, and someone did do this. As in so many other so-called conspiracy theories, it is blind foolishness that thinks this bio-engineered weapon is just an accident. Even if it is an accident in one sense, it is still categorically not an accident in another sense. As in maybe it accidentally got out of the lab where it was crafted but crafted it was. THAT is still no accident. And the crafters need to be held accountable. Do not think I want to just blame China. The United States funded and initiated a lot of that research.

We have the governments of the world and maybe some deeply irresponsible and immoral elites to thank for this. And I wonder beyond the stretch of credulity why no one is up in arms about it. The implications of that level of sheep-ful-ness are staggering.

No one who knows viruses and this one in particular would ask this. They mutate and cycle and once the virus is extant, its negative cut of death per year can be tracked to some degree. This virus and its already numerous multiple strains (which spread from multiple RELEASE sites by strain) will remain a damaging regularity of life for decades to come. 2020 is the dawn of the age of a hazmat population.

Remember, all those extroverts that get out there and DO in the world are going to be killed off quicker than others at least by a small percentage, although the unhealthy sedentary nature of most introverts usually cancels this. This virus challenges HEALTHY actions. That means to protect against it we have to actively be unhealthy. That is not a good line to cross, ever.

Likely, I will get it at some point and maybe die. I do not have many factors that increase this chance, but I am 55 years old.

I state plainly that I will grow increasingly tied of any restrictions and increasingly combative against those pushing them. i try to be reasonable but if you are serious about this, you had best be serious about finding those responsible for this. We have most people casting aspersions on even the idea that that truth is credible. They are so hypnotized its ridiculous.

I think vaccines are mostly a joke. They do have some effect and that is good, but they also cause other issues as well so the net bad increases over time. For example, are you now going to take multiple vaccines per season? How many seasons will this bioengineered weapon virus have per year? Some virologists are saying it will come in multiple waves each year, just like this year, just like any inception event. And everyone SHOULD know that vaccines are guesswork. There are ALWAYS and ALREADY too many strains out there to get it right all the time.

·
Registered
3w4 - 6w5 - 1w9 | Melancholic-Choleric
46 Posts
I love talking about myself so be ready for a ride.
Here. We. Go.

First of all, as a scientist, COVID-deniers and people against masks and regulations irk me. I cannot comprehend their stupidity and as terrible as it may sound, if they catch it and have to be put on life support system, the only thing I'll say is "they deserved it". No tears shed. The reason I'm angry at them is that they aren't simply risking their own health, they are dangerous for other, innocent people as well. They are not only stupid but also goddamn selfish.
As for depression... we are having the second lockdown and this one's more serious than that of spring. University is closed, we living in the university hostel had the opportunity to choose if we want to stay or move to relatives. I choose the second as it was more logical, even though I really wanted to stay. So currently I'm living with my parents again in a small village, I won't see my supervisors or SO for who knows how long. I won't be around people for a long while. Yes, it depresses me. Another thing that fustrates me is that 'rona robbed me of my two graduate years, years I'll never get back. These would have been the last years I get to walk the uni corridoors, see my supervisors in person. But no, I'm confined to a small room and have to stare at the screen instead of experiencing the lecture in person, cracking jokes between lessons, accidentally bumping into colleagues. It's depressing.

After the lockdown is over I'll move back to the student hostel with my SO. When the situation is improved I want to visit our favourite café, eat takeaway. Take a walk at night (which I can't now as we cannot leave the house between 8 night and 5 morning).
I'm not sure the virus will "pass", though. It's like the common cold, flu, etc., will stay with us and return in cycles.

Considering the inability to foresee the unfolding of events and the incompetence of our current government our economy will crumble, the workers in health care will go on a strike, patients are already forced to stay on the floor in our hospitals - my mother is a nurse who was conscripted to an intensive covid-care department and has firsthand experience of the shitshow that's going on. More and more hospitals are being turned into covid-institutes, patients with other problems are left to die (literally...) due to lack of nurses/doctors and hospital beds to treat them. There will be more and more restrictions to try and combat the increasing number of patients but it's just a treatment of consequences. We have already waited for too long to do anything and the situation is already out of control. If the rate of new infections doesn't magically slow down my whole country will just crumble.
And if I have to do my PhD sitting at home, it'll drive me crazy. I fucking have to do research which I'm not able to do hundreds of kilometers away from the equipments and the research institute. But yeah, punish the intellectuals because they are the ones defying the current goverment. This pandemic is just another tool in their hands to punish the opposition and favor the followers.

I kinda covered that in the previous point as I got carried away. I've seen countries that are doing sane regulations, those ones will probably be able to handle it. Countries like mine - well, let's hope they'll come to their senses before it's too late. But I highly doubt they will.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

I felt more afraid and anxious about it back in March, when everything was so new and uncertain. I don't feel like that anymore, I feel like I've always felt even though things are actually worse this time (daily infection rates are drastically higher). I'm more annoyed at people being dumbasses about the restrictions and feeling proud to be dumbasses about them. But that's really nothing new. I'm not a full on misanthrope yet, but my faith in humanity keeps steadily declining as the time passes.

I'd like to say travel more, but I like dreaming about travelling more than actually doing it.
I'd like to say connecting more with people, but I also like dreaming about connecting with people more than actually doing it.

I'm always wanting to feel more free, so I'll most likely keep on doing that without actually doing anything to really achieve it.

I don't think it's ever going to go away, so I'll just adapt to the new normal.

I don't think anything that significant will change due to Covid. There might be a few rougher years ahead, but eventually, it's still business as usual. There are loads of people right now saying that "you have to keep on living no matter what", meaning that a bit of a plague can't stop them partying, travelling or doing anything they're used to doing right here, right now like there's no tomorrow. While there are others being worried, thinking ahead and acting way too cautiously. So yeah, that's probably never going to change.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

Nope. I'm cautions, but not fearful in any way.

Hopefully I'm done with school then, and can go to a new job.

I'll go ahead anyway, with the above. And do things as I'm doing now to whatever extent possible.

Current practices would get normalized and possibly refined over time.
I believe a decline in economy, workers rights, among other could follow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No. Not now at least. It doesn't really have much impact on my mood overall.

Travel.

Accept the fact that I will get it one day no matter how careful?

A lot more angry people to deal with.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
1: Anger and anxiety with how poorly it's being handled globally along with people not doing their parts to end it sooner.

2: to look at my friends faces again.

3: Stop wearing a mask and either die or live with it.

4: Hopefully it would jumpstart everyones emergency planning for epidemic possibilities but idk. Id assume people would have an eventual boiling point with mask mandates and stop wearing them. Things would sort themselves out.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,095 Posts
No, not really. However, I don't fuck with precautions. I do everything to prevent getting it. I think that I may be feeling more often bored than usual, but nothing too significantly different.

Perhaps travel abroad, but frankly not really much. I thrive, when there are decent conditions for someone to stay at home as much as they can and feel bad if that's not possible.

Keep crunching those WCG WU's. Other than that, for me it would be mostly life as usual. If I need to get employed, well then I only hope that remote work will be a thing. Frankly speaking, if not money problems, people are generally are perfectly in times like these. If such times continue, then people would make some ways to increase socialization. Right now people just do classical things to get by, because their cultures are formed in previous times, but as time goes on and as more people get convinced that it's not going to get away, they will feel that culture should be changed and that it is fine to invest in business related to satisfying human needs during these conditions.

I think that people after all this disaster will be more respectful of medicine and there will be less of those unhygienic, filthy and dirty people. I think that remote work could gain traction as legit alternative to typical jobs. Other than that, due to reduced GDP's some countries will have terrible national debt problems and their economies will sink. If those hoped to recover and had some plans, they got destroyed. That's sad. That means that people of those countries will see their living standards sink and will feel powerless to change that.

Some forms of behaviour that was thought to be antisocial or too hermit-alike were seen as problems. As it becomes clearer that during corona times they are fine, after corona ends, momentum won't be lost and perhaps newfound good reputation will last. I'm talking about people, who just want to stay at home more than others and those, who have individual hobbies. Those people used to get a lot of shit from society and I think that if corona is long enough, they won't be treated like that.

Perhaps, online registrations and quantity of quality information online will rise and thus it will reduce time wasted on mind numbing boring waiting tasks.

Various delivery services that flourished during corona would have gotten so ahead that they will be cheaper, more accessible and become more normal than just going to places to pick up what you want yourself. As side effect, it could make certain distant villages more accessible to higher variety of goods.

Environment protection may become far stronger than before.

Many people could start questioning their car ownership worthiness as it is financially draining and not providing enough benefits. Perhaps people may buy less cars or cars that are cheaper to own. Thus killing heavily overpriced car industry that exists today. All this may mean that a real internal combustion engine replacement won't be electric cars, but instead far more practical, cheaper to own and greener hydrogen fuel cell engines.

Perhaps public transportation won't be as muddy, smelly and dirty as it was before.

More people will be craftier and may start to enjoy more frugal lifestyles.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi
178 Posts
1. Nope, since I can work from home most days.
2. Hopefully visit some people without using all these precautions.
3. It will remain forever. Better vaccines will be available.
4. Many low-end jobs replaced by automatization so no need for clerks in shops, more people will work for home so less need for commute traffic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts