Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A type with the Thinking function as Dominant (Such as an ENTJ) is more likely to ask "What is your private view on the matter?"
Where as a type with the Thinking function being dependent on the Dominant function (Such as an INTJ) is more likely to ask "What do you imagine, then, that I really think about the matter?"

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
"What is your private view on the matter?"
I think that sounds just generally introverted perception (Ni or Si)-y, but the way that you contrast it with the next (Ni, by the way) example makes me think that it is Si. "How do you perceive the situation?", in other words.

·
Registered
INTJ
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under what circumstances would one even ask this question?
When you want to find out what someone thinks that you are thinking so as to gain perspective on, say, an impression that you seem to give which has been elusive to your own perception.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
A type with the Thinking function as Dominant (Such as an ENTJ) is more likely to ask "What is your private view on the matter?"
Where as a type with the Thinking function being dependent on the Dominant function (Such as an INTJ) is more likely to ask "What do you imagine, then, that I really think about the matter?"
The three Te dominants I know well would not ask the first question. They assume the answer is obvious to anyone paying attention, and why ask about someone's private view on it? They might agree that there are multiple possible answers, but someone's private opinion is irrelevant. They assume that the answer is an external thing, found through information, knowledge, and logic.

As for the second question, it is unlikely that I would ask it. I just assume people don't know what I am actually thinking about. Half the time I don't know either. If I want them to know my views, I will tell them. I don't find any value in hearing what they think I am thinking. They're almost certainly going to be wrong.

·
Registered
INTJ
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree.

I actually misinterpreted what I was reading earlier today and as a result posted this thread in confusion.

It's got nothing to do with Te and the questions being asked are simply ways to examine (however difficult it is) the way or attitude with which someone thinks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
ENTJ "What is your private view on the matter?"
INTJ "what do you imagine, then, that I really think about the matter?"
ENTJ - Asked it to get what he want so they may move forward with their task.
INTJ - TROLOLOLOL time to see if your stupid before we can talk to you because really, Why do we care what you think.

·
Registered
539 Posts
"What do you imagine, then, that I really think about the matter?"
That sounds like a guessing game, and I can't stand guessing games. XD The only time I can see me saying something like this is if I say it sarcastically because my point had been made clear enough earlier, or if someone tells me 'you're wrong' when I state my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts