Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something that was pointed out to me with the big five personality test is that some of the attributes in the big 5 personality tests are similar to those in myerrs briggs, so i'm thinking that some of them are connected in a certain way.

Big Five personality traits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extraversion: I-E dichitomies

Agreeableness: T-F Dichitomies

Conscientiousness: J-P Dichitomies

Openness: ~ may or may not be S-N. results for those are seemingly more volatile.

if what i say is true, than we should all technically have around the same area of scores.

Low Extraversion
Low Agreeableness
Low Conscientiousness

I got Low openness. from Wikepedia's description it would make sense slightly that i would be so, although I like exploring topics personally, as well as some new things. I'm going to make a hypothesis and say that with ISTP's they'll generally get low openness

and knowing by how chill we are and/or seem to be, i'm guessing Low Neuroticism as well.

The Big Five Project - Personality Test here's the test, I'd love to see all of your results.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My scores 2012:

Openness to Experience/Intellect: 10%
Conscientiousness: 10%
Extraversion: 3%
Agreeableness: 6%
Neuroticism: 22%

My scores 2015:

Openness to Experience/Intellect: 0%
Conscientiousness: 8%
Extraversion: 7%
Agreeableness: 8%
Neuroticism: 49%

(The scores should be same throughout the years, by the way - my INTP cousin said that he prefers this typing method to every other, just because it has the reputation of being most stable. I seem to be a bit in stress, been a while, which sort of counters that note.)

I don't see much connection between MBTI and Big Five I don't think there's much practical use of this test, but it's suitable for iNtuitors who .. well, like unpractical things. So basically - if someone prefers Big Five to MBTI, they are probably NT, not ST.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My Scores

Openness to Experience/Intellect: 41%
Conscientiousness: 25%
Extraversion: 2%
Agreeableness: 38%
Neuroticism: 22%

for Openness to Experience/Intellect - you prefer traditional and familiar experiences. Not really, I am always seeking out new experiences and I hate traditional and familiar experiences. I guess what you said is true though.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
This test (and probably the system itself as well) seems to group openness to new experiences and openness to new ideas into the same category, which is basically bullshit if you ask me. Because of this, I got mad and closed the whole thing so I can't post my results, but I don't really care about them at all anyway.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This test (and probably the system itself as well) seems to group openness to new experiences and openness to new ideas into the same category, which is basically bullshit if you ask me. Because of this, I got mad and closed the whole thing so I can't post my results, but I don't really care about them at all anyway.
That was why i was so unsure of openness. It might just be me that's not as open to new ideas, because i'd have to think about it for a bit, but new experiences are something i'm usually fine with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Results here

Openness to Experience/Intellect: 12%
Conscientiousness: 30%
Extraversion: 5%
Agreeableness: 22%
Neuroticism: 32%

I did this test and compared it to ENFJ hubby too. For the most part, I can see how it might look similar. I do like that I can quickly compare results with another person that I know, that part is pretty neat. Obviously it is not as in-depth and thought out as MBTi and the openness smushing is messed up for me to. I'm a thrill seeker at heart and am always willing to try something new. However if I'm in a conversation with someone and they want to speculate about something that I for sure know the answer to, no I'm not open to that idea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 41)
- ... I don't actively seek out new experiences. Opportunities are constantly presenting, and I just go with it for the adventure.

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 86)
- I tend to be disorganized, the other 3 are true though

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 18)
- Definitely

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 44)
- Seems about right

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 32)
- Seems about right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.