Personality Cafe banner

Are you sexually more Dominant or Submissive?

• Male/Thinker and sexually more Submissive

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Male/Feeler and sexually more Submissive

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Male/Thinker and sexually more Dominant

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Male/Feeler and sexually more Dominant

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Female/Thinker and sexually more Submissive

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Female/Feeler and sexually more Submissive

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Female/Thinker and sexually more Dominant

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Female/Feeler and sexually more Dominant

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested if there is a connection between cognitive functions and sexual energy. I don't think there's a great correlation, but i guess it's maybe a small one between thinking-feeling preference and sexual dominance/submission.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 4 votes? :shocked:

Maybe my Question has caused confusion. I do not mean Dominance or Submission in a BDSM context. It's just about whether you like more or which do you prefer.

1) Take the charge through your body language and movement
2) Take the charge of what to do and when you do it
3) Being verbal and directing the sexual action
4) Set the pace of sex and enjoy bringing you partner to orgasm

or

1) Partner takes the charge through his/her body language and movement
2) Partner tells you what to do or directs you with his or her hands
3) Enjoy being able to let go and let your partner guide the experience
4) Partner set the pace of sex and enjoys bringing you to orgasm

I hope it has made something more clear.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
It depends on a woman's mood. If she takes on a dominant role, I can be submissive, but normally I would be more dominant. (voted)

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
It depends a lot, and I'll get bored playing the same role over and over, but I think at the core I just enjoy turning my partner on and because pretty much all of my partners in the past were submissive I've naturally gravitated towards the dominant role over time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Only 4 votes? :shocked:

Maybe my Question has caused confusion. I do not mean Dominance or Submission in a BDSM context. It's just about whether you like more or which do you prefer.

1) Take the charge through your body language and movement
2) Take the charge of what to do and when you do it
3) Being verbal and directing the sexual action
4) Set the pace of sex and enjoy bringing you partner to orgasm

or

1) Partner takes the charge through his/her body language and movement
2) Partner tells you what to do or directs you with his or her hands
3) Enjoy being able to let go and let your partner guide the experience
4) Partner set the pace of sex and enjoys bringing you to orgasm

I hope it has made something more clear.
My confusion isn't BDSM. It's that your perception is someone has to take charge. You do understand that lots of people, both are active fully engaged participants. I disagree that there's only either dominant or submissive dynamic.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I would be interested if there is a connection between cognitive functions and sexual energy. I don't think there's a great correlation, but i guess it's maybe a small one between thinking-feeling preference and sexual dominance/submission.
T = Dominant
F = Submissive

Males are more often T than not
Females are more often F than not.

...at least I think so.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Well.. apparently so far, there's a correlation between cognitive functions and who's voting in the poll. :p

I think at the core I just enjoy turning my partner on
^ same, this makes me lean more towards dominant.

But I'm more "quietly dominant" lol meaning, I don't have what people would consider a "dominant personality" (well..most of the time), so as far as I can tell, it's not something that's reflected in my day to day life. I do think that's related to introversion for me -- it's more something to be unlocked by others when it's of service. :tongue:

Reactions: Santa Gloss

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Which is funny, isn't it? If doms are being lead to be doms to fulfill the desires of subs, which one is the dom and which one is the sub?
Haha yeah, I really think it's more of a perspective thing. Being seduced or pleased isn't that interesting to me. The former feels almost manipulative, like an attempt to weaken my will. The latter just feels too...passive and indulgent. Like would you rather be buying and consuming in-demand baked goods, or making them and experiencing the increase in demand from that side? ;)

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
I think it's quite the opposite:

T=submissive
F being expressive=dominant

..that is in opposites attract.
That's an interesting perspective. I've heard it described that INTP males often come off as not as dominant as other males. I know for myself, I don't feel my dominant side so much unless emotions have kicked in.

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
Haha yeah, I really think it's more of a perspective thing. Being seduced or pleased isn't that interesting to me. The former feels almost manipulative, like an attempt to weaken my will. The latter just feels too...passive and indulgent. Like would you rather be buying and consuming in-demand baked goods, or making them and experiencing the increase in demand from that side? ;)
Interesting. I find all 3 appealing for their own reasons.

I don't think I've ever really felt seduced. Maybe it's because I didn't have sex until after high school, but for me it was always all in or none at all. The whole concept of having fuzzy borders imposed of me, "Look but don't touch, touch but not taste, taste but don't swallow"... I would love to experience it.

As far as being pleasured, it's never as fun as when it goes both ways, but I like a partner who wants to do it, the psychology of it. The basic act of doing something that is strictly for me... I've learned what happens in a relationship where that was impossible.

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
INTJ and I voted dominant. I prefer to be in control for sure. Sometimes I will take the passive role for a short time to please the other person but it doesn't do anything for me. Could never be satisfied that way, I have to take back the reins at some point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It depends on a woman's mood. If she takes on a dominant role, I can be submissive, but normally I would be more dominant. (voted)
It depend's on a woman's mood? Sounds very dominant. :laughing:

My confusion isn't BDSM. It's that your perception is someone has to take charge. You do understand that lots of people, both are active fully engaged participants. I disagree that there's only either dominant or submissive dynamic.
It's not my perception. I do not deny that there are people who are real switchs or neither of both. But that's not the question in the poll. Those who do not want to decide can abstain from voting.

T = Dominant
F = Submissive

Males are more often T than not
Females are more often F than not.

...at least I think so.
That would mean all thinkers are more dominant? There are many cases that disprove this.

Well.. apparently so far, there's a correlation between cognitive functions and who's voting in the poll. :p
All 9 votes comes from Thinkers. It looks as if the survey would deter many Feelers. :laughing:

That's an interesting perspective. I've heard it described that INTP males often come off as not as dominant as other males. I know for myself, I don't feel my dominant side so much unless emotions have kicked in.
As an INTP Male i can agree to that 100%. Nevertheless this thesis is nonsense.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,441 Posts
As a thinker myself, only the feeler can dominate me - not because he is even dominate himself; but because he attacks the weakness to relate - he has disarmed the thinker bottom up. Once the thinker male realize his attempt to "dominate" thinker female will not work - they both compromise into an equal sync - or one moves on.

Thinker male will not work on a thinker female. They are usually stoic; disinterested (&) head-types. A lot of softies with shells; eager to serve the feeler. INTJ/INTP/ENTP/ENTJ males are no threat - intellectually or any other, to a (T)-female, just a play toy for challenge (&) wrestling or bending over once boredom sets in.

A feeler male is trying to deconstruct from the lower-function(s). He is utilizing feeling-logical based ethic(s) to take down the tower internally. He attacks the (Fi). My tertiary function (F); not aux, the (Te/Ti), which will not give in.

Attack the (Te/Ti), I will think it is fun. Attack the (Fi) - I have no weapons.
Surrender to feeler; challenge the thinker.

Feeler is a threat - thinker is a challenge.

A thinker male will submit to the feeler female; he doesn't want to feel her wrath - so he just submit(s) in fear of loss. Thinkers are rarely angry. Ever seen an "angry" thinker .. a total loss of emotional control (?) You do not want to - the hammer is dangerous + heavy.

The dominant must serve the submissive to their pleasure; unless all bets are off (&) they can file for assault.

Attacking the (Fi) first is like a blow to the knees to the thinker. Once a "feeler" male has won; they may very well be submissive (&) desire to be locked in a collar (&) dragged behind the thinker; but they have a dominant serving them at command to do so.

As a dominant, I have accepted the dominant(s) role is to serve the submissive dominantly; without out it; there is a loss of control. All dominants must accept this - dominant(s) that are uncomfortable here, will resort to abuse of the submissive - or enforce unethical means to control them - because they themselves; feel they are being "hijacked".

Their illusion; shattered. A dominant is usually calm, stoic - reserved, cool-headed (&) enforcing the whip firmly as an understanding they must perform to perfection to please. The thinker serves the feeler - the feeler bows down.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
As a thinker myself, only the feeler can dominate me - not because he is even dominate himself; but because he attacks the weakness to relate. Once the thinker male realize his attempt to "dominate" thinker female will not work - they both compromise into an equal sync - or one moves on.

Thinker male will not work on a thinker female. They are usually stoic; disinterested (&) head-types. A lot of softies with shells; eager to serve the feeler.

A feeler male is trying to deconstruct from the lower-function(s). He is utilizing feeling-logical based ethic(s) to take down the tower internally. He attacks the (Fi). My aux; not the (Te/Ti), which will not give in.

Attack the (Te/Ti), I will think it is fun. Attack the (Fi) - I have no weapons.

Surrender to feeler; challenge the thinker.

Feeler is a threat - thinker is a challenge.

A thinker male will submit to the feeler female; he doesn't want to feel her wrath - so he just submit(s) in fear of loss. The dominant must serve the submissive to their pleasure; unless all bet(s) are off (&) they can file for assault.

Once the feeler male has won; attacking the (Fi) first is like a blow to the knees to the thinker. Once a "feeler" male has one; they may very well be submissive (&) desire to be locked in a collar (&) dragged behind the thinker; but they have a dominant serving them at command.

It is like the old question from the early UFCs. What wins, striking or grappling? I say all things considered, grappling does. And feeling beats thinking in a similar way. You suck at grappling? Ok, we are gonna grapple then. lol

I especially agree with the comment, "feeler is a threat, thinker is a challenge." exactly how I see it. thinker women are a challenge.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,484 Posts
Sorry. I don't work that way. I'm a thinker and I like to take turns.

Reactions: JennyJukes

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,441 Posts
It is like the old question from the early UFCs. What wins, striking or grappling? I say all things considered, grappling does. And feeling beats thinking in a similar way. You suck at grappling? Ok, we are gonna grapple then. lol

I especially agree with the comment, "feeler is a threat, thinker is a challenge." exactly how I see it. thinker women are a challenge.
Two thinker(s) in the ring with (Se)-seeking ::

[HR][/HR]

If this was a feeler; I would've went in covered in pillow(s) first; they are utilizing a different fight style; a new skill - they'll probably kick at the knees (&) take cheap shots.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts