Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to this web page:

Individual Tarot Cards

The four MBTI functions correspond to the four suits of cards as follows:

Sensing = Pentacles (element Earth);
iNtuition = Wands (element Fire);
Thinking = Swords (element Air);
Feeling = Cups (element Water).

Now the dominant function is represented by the Kings, the secondary by the Queens, etc. So as an INTP, my cards are:

T: King of Swords;
N: Queen of Wands;
S: Knight of Pentacles;
F: Page of Cups.

Note that the Pages fittingly do not give descriptions, but suggestions---suggestions for developing one's Shadow function. In the case of the Page of Cups, the main suggestions are:

BE EMOTIONAL
BE INTUITIVE
BE INTIMATE
BE LOVING

Even the second suggestion makes great sense to me (perhaps even especially), even though my secondary function is iNtuition. For to me there's a difference between intuition and iNtuition. I'm extremely skeptical towards all the popular paranormal or supernatural connotations to the term "intuition". I don't tend to act on hunches, don't actively try to remember my dreams (e.g., by writing them down), don't believe in 'psychic experiences', etc.

Anyway, try it out and tell me what you think!

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,707 Posts
I was thinking of taking up tarot again.
I was pleased to find a thread that linked them to MBTI! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, in the meantime I've turned from the MBTI to Keirsey Temperament theory. This means I no longer think of Sensing and iNtuition, and do think of Judging and Perceiving, as functions.

I also think now that the different temperaments, and not the different functions, correspond with the different Tarot suits:

NT = Swords (element Air);
NF = Cups (element Water);
SJ = Pentacles (element Earth);
SP = Wands (element Fire).

As an NT type, then, my four trump cards would be:

1. King of Swords (NT);
2. Queen of Cups (NF, closest to NT);
3. Knight of Wands (SP, second closest to NT);
4. Page of Pentacles (SJ, furthest from NT).

NB: NF and NT are closest to each other, and so are SJ and SP; SJ and NT are furthest from each other, and so are SP and NF.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,707 Posts
Well, in the meantime I've turned from the MBTI to Keirsey Temperament theory. This means I no longer think of Sensing and iNtuition, and do think of Judging and Perceiving, as functions.

I also think now that the different temperaments, and not the different functions, correspond with the different Tarot suits:

NT = Swords (element Air);
NF = Cups (element Water);
SJ = Pentacles (element Earth);
SP = Wands (element Fire).

As an NT type, then, my four trump cards would be:

1. King of Swords (NT);
2. Queen of Cups (NF, closest to NT);
3. Knight of Wands (SP, second closest to NT);
4. Page of Pentacles (SJ, furthest from NT).

NB: NF and NT are closest to each other, and so are SJ and SP; SJ and NT are furthest from each other, and so are SP and NF.

I can live with that! ;)
Double Thanks! =D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The MBTI tarot was pretty interesting and accurate. The Keirsey Temperament theory less so. I don't really identify with the Queen of Cups or Knight of Wands. Either way, thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts