Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Cosby Show is an amazingly perceptive study in the human personality, almost as classic as Winnie the Pooh in that respect...yet it seems to me that the enneagram types of some of the characters are not the most common types for their respective MBTI types.

These are my guesses as to the personality types of the cast, but am not sure about some of them and make no guarantees of accuracy....how would you all type these people?

Heathcliff Huxtable: ESFP or ENFP type 7

Clair Hanks Huxtable: INTJ type 3, with type 8w7 somewhere in her tritype

Sondra Huxtable Tibideaux
: i can't type her; she seems like a cross between an introverted NF and an introverted NT type; she's like a cross between a 4 and a 5 also...maybe she's an INTP type 4w5 (i know that would be an unusual combination but it could exist)

Sondra's husband, Elvin Tibideaux
: ISFP or ISFJ type 9

Denise Huxtable Kendall
: INFP type 9, with type 4 in her tritype somewhere

Denise's husband, Martin Kendall
: ESTJ type 8

Martin's daughter, Olivia Kendall: ENTP type 3 or type 2

Theo Huxtable: ENFJ or ENFP type 7

Vanessa Huxtable
: ISTJ type 1

Rudy Huxtable
: ENFP type 2, maybe with 8w7 somewhere in her tritype

Clair's cousin, Pam Tucker: ISTP type 4 or type 9

Grandpa (Russell) Huxtable: ESFJ type 3?

Grandma (Anna) Huxtable
: ISFJ type 2

EDIT: since it's an old show & everyone isn't familiar with it, here are some videos...I'm going to add more videos gradually as I find them...so this post will be edited alot, lol

~ shows alot about the personalities of Theo and the grandparents
~ shows alot about the personalities of Denise and Martin

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
All I know about this would be that Bill Cosby is probably an ENFP. I've never seen this show.

Reactions: emerald sea

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is old, but I love the Cosby Show, and found this on google, so plz forgive me. I think Sondra is definitely a "J." And Denise always struck me as an ENFP rather than INFP. I see Rudy as a "J" too (the pre-teen Rudy, at least, but I'm not all too sure about that--haven't seen the show in a few years).

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is old, but I love the Cosby Show, and found this on google, so plz forgive me. I think Sondra is definitely a "J." And Denise always struck me as an ENFP rather than INFP. I see Rudy as a "J" too (the pre-teen Rudy, at least, but I'm not all too sure about that--haven't seen the show in a few years).
yes, i could see Denise as an ENFP. Rudy could very well be a J.

Bill Cosby is actually INFJ :]
you know, online i've seen some people type him as an INFJ and others type him as an ENFP...if he's an INFJ, i think he's a core 7w6. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Cosby Show is an amazingly perceptive study in the human personality, almost as classic as Winnie the Pooh in that respect...yet it seems to me that the enneagram types of some of the characters are not the most common types for their respective MBTI types.

These are my guesses as to the personality types of the cast, but am not sure about some of them and make no guarantees of accuracy....how would you all type these people?

Sondra Huxtable Tibideaux
: i can't type her; she seems like a cross between an introverted NF and an introverted NT type; she's like a cross between a 4 and a 5 also...maybe she's an INTP type 4w5 (i know that would be an unusual combination but it could exist)

Sondra's husband, Elvin Tibideaux
: ISFP or ISFJ type 9

Denise Huxtable Kendall
: INFP type 9, with type 4 in her tritype somewhere

Denise's husband, Martin Kendall
: ESTJ type 8

Vanessa Huxtable
: ISTJ type 1

Rudy Huxtable
: ENFP type 2, maybe with 8w7 somewhere in her tritype

Grandma (Anna) Huxtable
: ISFJ type 2

EDIT: since it's an old show & everyone isn't familiar with it, here are some videos...I'm going to add more videos gradually as I find them...so this post will be edited alot, lol

Not sure about eneagrams, but I highly doubt that Cliff is an ENFP 7 because I can't imagine an ENFP buckling down enough to get through medical school. Not saying that ENFP are not academic. I am an ENFP with a Master's, but I never picked up a book in college or grad school. I think he's more of an ENFJ.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cliff - ENFJ
Claire - INTJ
Sondra - INTJ
Theo - definite ENFP (he is ADD. He is irresponsible)
Denise - ISFP (she is a hippie chick)
Vanessa - ESFP (all the way!!! She is really social. Into fashion)
Rudy - ENTP (definite E to me. She always has friends over. I say a T cause she says things not considering others feelings.)

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure about eneagrams, but I highly doubt that Cliff is an ENFP 7 because I can't imagine an ENFP buckling down enough to get through medical school. Not saying that ENFP are not academic. I am an ENFP with a Master's, but I never picked up a book in college or grad school. I think he's more of an ENFJ.
i think you underestimate your type!! ENFPs are awesome and i've seen you all be very driven...accomplishment isn't a function of type, but of will and enduring determination; anyone can follow through with anything they really want to do. ENFPs aren't limited in the commitment department any more than any other type...motivation is everything, for everyone of every type.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i think you underestimate your type!! ENFPs are awesome and i've seen you all be very driven...accomplishment isn't a function of type, but of will and enduring determination; anyone can follow through with anything they really want to do. ENFPs aren't limited in the commitment department any more than any other type...motivation is everything, for everyone of every type.
I actually had meant to say ENFP 7s. ENxP have a tendency to abandon tasks to do something new and exciting especially if they are 7s. So 12 years of schooling would not be something many would take on or at least not finish in the typical time. While it's not impossible, it's not likely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cliff strikes me as EN"T"J. He does make a lot of decisions he sticks by despite the kids getting emotional. There was an episode where vanessa was crying about not being able to go to a party acting depressed the whole episode but Cliff refused to give in and made her go with the family to some trip instead. Would a thinker ever make his kids live in the basement?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Sondra Huxtable Tibideaux: i can't type her; she seems like a cross between an introverted NF and an introverted NT type; she's like a cross between a 4 and a 5 also...maybe she's an INTP type 4w5 (i know that would be an unusual combination but it could exist)

Sondra's husband, Elvin Tibideaux: ISFP or ISFJ type 9

Denise Huxtable Kendall: INFP type 9, with type 4 in her tritype somewhere

Denise's husband, Martin Kendall: ESTJ type 8

Vanessa Huxtable: ISTJ type 1

Rudy Huxtable: ENFP type 2, maybe with 8w7 somewhere in her tritype

Grandma (Anna) Huxtable: ISFJ type 2

Cliff ENTP
Clair INTJ
Sondra INFJ
Denise ENFP
Theo ENFJ
Vanessa ENTP
Rudy ENTJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cliff ENTP
Clair INTJ
Sondra INFJ
Denise ENFP
Theo ENFJ
Vanessa ENTP
Rudy ENTJ
Also, the auxiliary characters seem like:

Elvin ESFJ
Martin ESTJ
Olivia ESFP
Kenny INTP
Cousin Pam ISTP
Grandpa Huxtable ENFJ
Grandma Huxtable ESFJ
Grandpa Hanks ENTJ
Grandma Hanks ENFJ
Cockroach/Walter ENFP
Charmaine ESFJ
Lance ESFP
Robert INFP
Dabnis ISTJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.