Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a dream last night

I was sitting outside my friends house. The house is far out in the countryside, surrounded by forest. I was alone. My friend was inside the house and I was waiting for her. It was getting dark. As the light disappeared I watched the door, to see if she was coming out. Then the door opened and I saw her. It was so dark that I couldn't see her face but I noticed she was there.

She didn't say a word. She just ran past me like a dark shadow and disappeared into the forest. As she passed me I called her name but she didn't respond.

Then I woke up. Horrified.
This dream felt really intuitive. Dreams don't usually scare me but this one does. Even now when I write about it I get an uneasy feeling. Any N person (or anybody) that like to comment on this dream or interpret it, if there is anything to interpret. Thanks.

(Btw. I read somewhere that S persons (like me) tend to have N dreams and vice versa.)

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
You want to rape your co-worker? Dude... wrong.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It sounds to me like somewhere deep down you are doubting your friend's loyalty to you. In your dream you were at her house, waiting for her outside (not under her roof, being an outsider). She ran past you, not with you (I envision with superhuman speed) after keeping you waiting.

If it were me, I wouldn't be troubled. Loyalty can be easily tested with keen observation (That is--if the issue is, indeed, loyalty; and if you are concerned about it).

(Btw. I read somewhere that S persons (like me) tend to have N dreams and vice versa.)
This sounds like it could be true. I had a cookey, maybe S dream the other night.....

·
Registered
871 Posts
My dreams are usually pretty intuitive... though they do tend to be a lot more feeling-centered. I pay way more attention to how I feel during dreams (and always remember it when I wake up) than I do to my real life.

I'd second what Joe said, and add the question "do you feel like you're being left behind in life at all?" Alone in the forest waiting as it gets dark, she disappeared into the forest and didn't respond when you called. Is she moving away, or getting a job somewhere, or else doing something else that makes you feel left out and lonely?

That's all I could get out of it, but I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if someone else came by and saw more.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hrmm, I had read a book on dreams and it suggested houses related to wombs. Do you desire this woman sexually? Does she seems to be favoring another guy... but no one is dating anyone steady, or dating hasnt started yet? Maybe you feel some anxiety about catching her attention? Maybe another guy is pursuing her and you feel he has a better chance?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hrmm, I had read a book on dreams and it suggested houses related to wombs. Do you desire this woman sexually? Does she seems to be favoring another guy... but no one is dating anyone steady, or dating hasnt started yet? Maybe you feel some anxiety about catching her attention? Maybe another guy is pursuing her and you feel he has a better chance?
That's pretty F-ed up, Bear. We're talking womb, not vagina. I don't think our friend Sleepy mentioned anything like this... Still though, we'd have to wait for her to respond, I suppose.

Reactions: Tyche

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
That's pretty F-ed up, Bear. We're talking womb, not vagina. I don't think our friend Sleepy mentioned anything like this... Still though, we'd have to wait for her to respond, I suppose.
Her? I don't see a her. The little blue gender symbol suggests otherwise. :wink: Besides, it's just a book and other options were already covered. I'm just as curious as you to see if anything resonates with the OP.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, thank you all for your replies. And, yes, I'm a man.

What scared me about this dream was not my relationship with this woman. It was more the intuitive nature of the dream. I didnt see her face, she ran away. Things were not shown, just implied: why was she running away? What had happened inside the house? etc. I'm surprised that my brain can come up with this story, because when I'm awake I rely mostly on sensory data, not on imagination and the unknown. It feels like the dream of a different person, not me.

I am not sexually attracted to her. (But now when I've told you my dream you might not believe me). We are friends and, yes, we have had a very short sexual/sensual relationship and now she is dating someone else. So I guess you could say that this concerns me and that Bear was right in his interpretation. So it could be that I am jealous. Still, I have a hard time believing that this dream was about her and me (I could be wrong). So maybe Cryptonia is right when suggesting that I feel left behind in life (I think I actually do). I don't know very much about dream psychology, but now I remember reading somewhere that Freud suggests that all persons in a dream are different aspects of yourself. Since I know I have a big problem with self discipline: Maybe my instincts want to do something totally different from what the rational part of me wants them to do?

Thanks for the replies, this really made me think.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Her? I don't see a her. The little blue gender symbol suggests otherwise. :wink: Besides, it's just a book and other options were already covered. I'm just as curious as you to see if anything resonates with the OP.
Oh, shit, sorry, Sleepy. I was going by the avatar.... looks a bit like a lady.
:happy:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seeing her as a shadow could mean that you are not 100% sure of her, You may not know her aswell as you think or there maybe a lot left to learn about her that your subconcious acknowledges - or there could be part of her that you are not recognising or even rejecting. The setting in the forest could also symbolise the unknown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts