Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you INFPs! Before I say anything else I just wanted to let you guys know I just adore your personality type. *Hugs tightly* Anyway, I just recently got into the MBTI scene (obviously) and don't exactly know how to categorize someone without them taking the test. This is the part where you guys come in. You see, I have a theory my significant other is an INFP because he and my roommate (who is an INFP) are so much alike, it's kind of scary. Here's a little more information about him so you guys can work your magic:

After we spend so much time in our huge group of friends, he always asks if he could have some alone time.
He's told me several times he'd rather do the listening than the talking.
He gets so passionate about certain things that it hurts.
He can be totally random and crazy one day, and then be very quite and secluded the next.
He's easily worried and always asks if I'm doing okay and how I'm feeling (I've been going through a lot lately).
People who don't know him think he's too shy and quite for his own good but I know better than that. :wink:
He's nice to people if he despises them with a burning passion and will take a hit (metaphorically, of course) without protest.
With the above fact being said, he rarely every stands up for himself, but will stand up for me when someone hurts me.
He's totally goofy and childish, yet mature and intelligent.
He's also very creative.
He's actually apologized to inanimate objects on several occasions.

So what do you guys think? I know it's not a long list but I'm actually talking to him right now and don't want to take forever to reply. I'll try to add more later.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thank you, I like ENFP and ESFP best. Type bias! :shocked:

It's hard to tell his type from your description of him, I suggest that you try to get to know him better until you come back and tell what he probably is, we'd be happy to hear your conclusion or whatever you have to share. Some one-on-one seems like a pretty good idea.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tick tick tick til the inanimate object thing. Isn't that more of an ENFJ thing? Hm...
My INFP roommate does that all that time. :laughing:

It's hard to tell his type from your description of him, I suggest that you try to get to know him better until you come back and tell what he probably is, we'd be happy to hear your conclusion or whatever you have to share. Some one-on-one seems like a pretty good idea.
I've known him for roughly three years now. The reason why my description of him is so vague is because I was busy while I was writing it and couldn't do two things at once (stupid ENFP's lack of ability to multitask!). If you have any questions about him that'll help you determine his type feel free to ask them! He knows I'm doing this and doesn't mind.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
My INFP roommate does that all that time. :laughing:

I've known him for roughly three years now. The reason why my description of him is so vague is because I was busy while I was writing it and couldn't do two things at once (stupid ENFP's lack of ability to multitask!). If you have any questions about him that'll help you determine his type feel free to ask them! He knows I'm doing this and doesn't mind.
Really ? Hm... lol.
I think get him to take the test online is best way to find out. But from what you say he does sound like INFP.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really ? Hm... lol.
I think get him to take the test online is best way to find out. But from what you say he does sound like INFP.
I've been considering that for a while now but he doesn't have internet access at home. Plus, I'm really curious about whether you guys think he's an INFP or not. :tongue:

·
Registered
249 Posts
He sounds alot like me.

Reactions: wisdomdreams

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does he zone out?
All the time. It takes him sometimes up to an hour to reply to my texts because he zoned out and had totally forgotten we were texting. :laughing:

·
Registered
891 Posts
So what do you guys think? I know it's not a long list but I'm actually talking to him right now and don't want to take forever to reply. I'll try to add more later.
He sounds a lot like me. I'm rather fond of ENFP-INFP relationships, being in one myself :)

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He sounds a lot like me. I'm rather fond of ENFP-INFP relationships, being in one myself :)
ENFP-INFP relationships are one of the best kind. I often find myself crushing on an INFP from time to time. :tongue:

Reactions: Xn18

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I think he is totally and INFP.
Well, INF.
The J or P could be up for dispute. The S and the N technically too.
But I'm totally going with INFP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think he is totally and INFP.
Well, INF.
The J or P could be up for dispute. The S and the N technically too.
But I'm totally going with INFP.
Sounds like an INFx to me. I is a dead giveaway and so is the feeling factor. I'd say he's intuitive because what sensor would communicate with an inanimate object, lol. Not sure I've ever even done that. Was the object he apologized to made of wood :p. I would pay to see the expression on anyone's face after seeing that, haha.
You'd need to give examples of how he reacts to possibly you getting into doggy doo with him to understand the P or J. Of-course he could just be floating right in the middle like someone else I know (obliviously looks up at the sky).

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the p/j divide, is he more likely to be insecure or overly prideful?
Insecure. He doesn't have freakishly low self-esteem but it isn't that high either.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sounds like it, for sure. Maybe he'd be willing to take a test. INFx, most definitely. I don't generally think of INFJ's as goofy and random, but I'm sure they could be.

I've never apologized to inanimate objects, but I apologize to plants all the time (they're alive, so they're not inanimate :p). I'm pretty sure they understand. :)

Reactions: Bago

·
Registered
569 Posts
He's most likely an infp, especially if he's forgetful. And he sounds like an extreme one at that..i've never apologized to an inanimate object before. However, I have talked to plants and stroked their leaves to try to comfort them..but I was 10XD

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's most likely an infp, especially if he's forgetful. And he sounds like an extreme one at that..i've never apologized to an inanimate object before. However, I have talked to plants and stroked their leaves to try to comfort them..but I was 10XD
Gosh, I cannot even begin to tell you how many times he had to ask me when my birthday and name was when we first met—he just could not seem to remember them! And, three years later, he asks me questions like how old is my sister? What's the name of the novel I'm working on? What's my dog's name? I actually wrote it all down for him because I got tired of repeating myself. :laughing:

Congratulations. Your plant story nearly made me choke on my Diet Pepsi. :laughing:

Reactions: FlowerChild

·
Registered
122 Posts
Insecure. He doesn't have freakishly low self-esteem but it isn't that high either.
Speaking from experience, that self esteem probably has a bit to do with you love, lol. High confidence, marginal self esteem unless boosted by the lovin of a good woman. Wait, that's me, maybe not him.

You sound like a really awesome gf btw. Every date or gf I've ever had would have been up in arms if I forgot 'vital' info about her family, birthday, etc. Maybe that speaks of my luck with finding the wrong women. I stand by my theory that I attract total bitches. Just wanted to say I hope I find a girl who's as understanding as you are. Mad props!

I suppose having a convo with an inanimate object is a step up from talking to an imaginary friend :p I kidD! LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts