Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, I'll start this out by saying I know MBTI like the back of my hand. I've been studying it for 4-5 years. But, I do like challenging myself and introspecting a bit, so here goes.

I'm pretty positive I am an ENTP, but I have this attraction to INFP that pulls me back. It's like, INFP MIGHT be my true type. I know functions and shit, so I get that it comes down to Ti vs. Fi.

Honestly, I have really good Ti. I can problem solve and find leverage points like its my job (and it kinda is /ramble)

But, honestly I believe I might have Fi. I feel really jaded about the world and had to develop a hard exterior growing up and be unpredictable about what impacted me in order to survive (otherwise, some close in my life would use my feelings to find the perfect words to cut me down).

Every band that I feel an insanely close connection with always turns out to be INFP. I won't list them, but probably 7-8 bands are INFP lead singers and I definitely identify with the lyrics. I know theres a disproportionate amount of INFP musicians, but I feel like its them that I identify with more than others.

Hopefully this is enough to give an idea. Lemme know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them best as I can... but.. in the words of the great Old Greg, make an assessment!

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Sooo, I'll start this out by saying I know MBTI like the back of my hand. I've been studying it for 4-5 years. But, I do like challenging myself and introspecting a bit, so here goes.

I'm pretty positive I am an ENTP, but I have this attraction to INFP that pulls me back. It's like, INFP MIGHT be my true type. I know functions and shit, so I get that it comes down to Ti vs. Fi.

Honestly, I have really good Ti. I can problem solve and find leverage points like its my job (and it kinda is /ramble)

But, honestly I believe I might have Fi. I feel really jaded about the world and had to develop a hard exterior growing up and be unpredictable about what impacted me in order to survive (otherwise, some close in my life would use my feelings to find the perfect words to cut me down).

Every band that I feel an insanely close connection with always turns out to be INFP. I won't list them, but probably 7-8 bands are INFP lead singers and I definitely identify with the lyrics. I know theres a disproportionate amount of INFP musicians, but I feel like its them that I identify with more than others.

Hopefully this is enough to give an idea. Lemme know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them best as I can... but.. in the words of the great Old Greg, make an assessment!
I said pretty much the exact same thing when I was first trying to type myself.

I just identify really strongly with all the xNxP. I think I even bounced to each one, claiming it as my identity. I was saying that I was an INFP for a week or two. My mom was tested as an INFP though, and we fought a lot when I was growing up.

I always came back to ENTP.

Still, sometimes I'll read something an INFP writes, or I'll have this incredibly emotional moment brought on by music, or a movie, and I'll be like... 'Hey...! What does this mean..?'

Not to mention that I love animals and children.

I dunno, OddlyDevelopedTypes.com wouldn't even write about the functions, citing that there's a lot of controversy over them.

My SO is so strongly Te that I question myself all the time-- Am I really Ti and that's why we butt heads, as he sees it as useless and impractical, or is it because I have inferior Te? I do often look at studies from authorities, but I'm also skeptical of them much of the time. Or am I just biased and only skeptical because I have to think about being skeptical?

I'm always analyzing and questioning my type. I don't know if the other xNxPs do this, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I know it's not that important. But, I think we have this drive to want to understand it wholly, and sometimes it seems like we hit a brick wall because it's just not something you can have a complete understanding of.

I mean, just look at all of the arguments over type on here. People are arguing about babies or something, and then someone else will come in and accuse that person of using Fi. It's ridiculous. :tongue:

Because people seem to have such divergent views about the definition of what each cognitive function is actually doing.

A type which uses a strong amount of Ti, would, in theory, find this infuriating, because to first understand something, they need to define it, and then pick it apart.

I've often read that Ti and Fi can actually seem synonymous.

So, when all is said and done... We're never going to stop searching for a personal definition, modifying it, and then having to retrace our steps based on new information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts