Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
  • I feel other people's emotions, much more than I feel my own. I'm usually out of touch with my own feelings (and don't express them) because I push them away or convince myself that my feelings aren't logical or can't be trusted.
  • I'm extremely gullible. (I'm not looking forward to April Fool's day...)

• everything but the two listed above i can relate to. I was raised surrounded by N types as well and i think that it may have some impact on how you are. I wouldnt say that i feel other peoples emotions more than my own... i empathize alot, and i can usually tell what others are thinking/feeling but i always know how im feeling, even if i dont let others know. I am very much in tuned with my own feelings even if i wish i didnt feel that way or feel guilty about those feelings. I dont care at ALL about whether my feelings are logical. Feelings are just that feelings they are by definition illogical and many times uncontrollable. I do however guard my emotions when i know others will judge my showing of those emotions (as illogical, ridiculous, petty, whiney, childish, selfish etc). Ive found that i feel best when i release emotions and dont hold resentment inside if at all possible. Sometimes this means releasing emotion alone.

I wouldnt consider myself gullible for the very reason that im not an immediately trusting person. Also i tend to blame anyone else for their lying or deception rather than myself for not catching it. Why would it be my fault for trusting someone i have come to trust in the first place? If you are trying to deceive me you are putting at least some effort into doing so and are therefore to blame. So the judgement lies on you. (for example, not you specifically).

I find that my INFJ sister is more sentimental than i am (she holds on to the most random crap because someone gave it to her at some point in her life) its endearing but i rarely do this because i find that the memory itself or the person is more important to me.

Reactions: Nickel

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
How do I confirm my type?

I read tests are often wrong.

I have read descriptions of the functions but they don't make much sense.
people usually just read more about each type that they test closely to and determine if another type sounds more like them. Ive always tested as ISFJ and it sounds alot like me so it was a no-brainer. Maybe it would help if you explained what exactly doesnt sound like you... there must be something thats making you question it so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.