Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I feel other people's emotions, much more than I feel my own. I'm usually out of touch with my own feelings (and don't express them) because I push them away or convince myself that my feelings aren't logical or can't be trusted. I've been known to explode when I am pushed too far, but in general I am very mild-mannered.
This screams Fe.

I read the rest of your post and it got me thinking that you would be either an INFJ or ISFJ.

Since Si is held at a high value for me, it's all about trying to keep things in my comfort zone. I know what I like and I know what I don't like. Sometimes, I need to trust that leaving my comfort zone is not the end of my world and that questioning the internal map I have made can be very constructive.

For somebody like an INFJ with highly valued, Ni. These are people that instinctively doubt the observable reality. They too seek to have a comfort zone, but rather than put trust and faith in their own experiences, they see their life's experience often as irrelevant because it is only one perspective at which to interpret their life experiences. They find comfort in having no frame of reference on their experiences unseen. An INFJ would probably agree that nothing is true in the ultimate sense of reality, which to me I think is nonsense and quite overkill in terms of philosophy and abstract concepts.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I can relate a lot more to valuing my experiences. I value reality a lot more than the "what ifs."

I usually score as an ISTJ or ISFJ when I take the functions quiz, though I'll re-post my results later.
Yeah, trusting your experiences at face value would point to ISFJ. It's not that you don't come up with what-ifs to entertain yourself and to hold caution. They just stem from the reality as you know it and how you could change the present. Less so hypothetical alternate universes like a world without gravity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.