Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I mostly fit the description of an ESTP; outgoing, creative, visual, impatient, funny, etc. But I've noticed that it's nearly 50/50 between the T (Thinking) and the F (Feeling). I can be sentimental and emotional and the fact that I have had issues with anxiety and depression since childhood don't seem to be very ESTP-like. So could I also be an ESFP? Just wondering.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
ESFP

ESTP

I think you need to look into whether you're Fi/Te or Ti/Fe

Here's a link.
Extraverted Thinking (Te)

Do you relate to that?

Or this...
Introverted Thinking - (Ti)

Good luck!!

EDIT: If I knew you in person, I could tell you whether you're ESFP or ESTP. I know many ESTPs and they are easy to spot. They are all quite animated (perhaps not entirely at first, but when you know them well enough)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
No. You cannot be a combination of two personality types.
I would also not type myself based on descriptions or tests online as they can be very flawed.
Anxiety and depression have nothing to do with type either.

·
Banned
842 Posts
And consider too that women are more perceptive to emotions and it's not a stereotyping thing, I think it's some cerebral thing. I know it may change from person to person, but it's a generalization that may help to understand better.

·
Registered
680 Posts
And consider too that women are more perceptive to emotions and it's not a stereotyping thing, I think it's some cerebral thing. I know it may change from person to person, but it's a generalization that may help to understand better.
ive done studies on this which found that women's increased emotional perception in mainly provoked by their upbringing and what is deemed socially preferable in females. Yes, there is a genetic origin. but genes are our potential, it is our environment that determines whether we fulfill that potential. oh and approximately 70% of men have the same level of emotional perception as women.

just wondering, do you happen to be a xSTJ?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'm not a great judge of Se's, βut I'd postulate ESFP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts