Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm still going back and forth between personality types. I'm not sure why it seems so easy to type other people yet not myself :(. I used to test almost all the time as ENTP, once in a while INTP, and then started to test as INFJ and sometimes ENFJ. I'm pretty sure I'm introverted, but many people have thought of me as an extrovert so I'm quite unsure. I seem to use Fe a lot but it manifests in the form of helping people rather than understanding their feelings (which I'm really bad at); therefore, I'm beginning to think the supposed Fe is actually my 2w1 Enneagram. To tell you the truth, I've actually also been testing as ENTJ recently, but I'm not so sure about that one...
One thing I know for sure is that Si is my least used cognitive function and I lean much more toward Se, which is what makes me doubt being an XNTP. Here are the results from my most recent cog functions test:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.5)
average use
If you'd like me to fill out the questionnaire I will. If any of you have seen me around the forum feel free to put in your input based on that too...
Thanks for the help :confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
So, I'm still going back and forth between personality types. I'm not sure why it seems so easy to type other people yet not myself :(. I used to test almost all the time as ENTP, once in a while INTP, and then started to test as INFJ and sometimes ENFJ. I'm pretty sure I'm introverted, but many people have thought of me as an extrovert so I'm quite unsure. I seem to use Fe a lot but it manifests in the form of helping people rather than understanding their feelings (which I'm really bad at); therefore, I'm beginning to think the supposed Fe is actually my 2w1 Enneagram. To tell you the truth, I've actually also been testing as ENTJ recently, but I'm not so sure about that one...
One thing I know for sure is that Si is my least used cognitive function and I lean much more toward Se, which is what makes me doubt being an XNTP. Here are the results from my most recent cog functions test:
average use
unused
good use
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
excellent use
average use
average use
If you'd like me to fill out the questionnaire I will. If any of you have seen me around the forum feel free to put in your input based on that too...
Thanks for the help :confused:
Do the questionnaire. You either don't understand the questions presented on the test or the test is misleading, (most probably), because your results aren't consistent at all. Based on the results you've presented you're INTP/ENTJ -- these are opposites, this could mean that you have been draining yourself developing your shadow functions in years mastering complete opposites (most inprobable). Fill in the uestionnaire -- don't have to fill in the entire thing (but make it to 16), I'm 75 % sure of your type already.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judging by the strength of your cognitive functions, I'd say you were an INTP. Ti seems to be your strongest point.

Then again, it's difficult to tell from such tests, as the results are not always straightforward.
Do the questionnaire. You either don't understand the questions presented on the test or the test is misleading, (most probably), because your results aren't consistent at all. Based on the results you've presented you're INTP/ENTJ -- these are opposites, this could mean that you have been draining yourself developing your shadow functions in years mastering complete opposites (most inprobable). Fill in the uestionnaire -- don't have to fill in the entire thing (but make it to 16), I'm 75 % sure of your type already.
So, I'm filling in the entire thing just in case. I'm going to try to be as honest as I can and not let my subconscious affect my answers.
) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've been questioning back and forth for a while. Originally tested as an ENTP or ENFP most of the time, but then started testing as INFJ and even sometimes ENTJ.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to affect the lives of other people. I want to be remembered and know that I had an impact on at least one person's life. I want to be the person that someone looks up to. I want to show people that anybody can do anything they set their mind to. I want to have kids and raise them to be amazing people.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Hmm... Probably at work. I get to influence the lives of people each day and see their face when they grasp a concept. I get to see that the things I've done have made someone else a better person or a more knowledgeable person. The face that people make when they finally understand something is so fulfilling. I also love teaching people concepts; you sort of feel like you're unstoppable. I don't know, I just like leading people in general and being the person that everyone can count on (yeah, it's weird I know).
4) What makes you feel inferior?
Hmm, parties with loads of people make me feel inferior because I sometimes feel like people will view me in the wrong way or I won't give the right impression. Making a mistake makes me feel inferior; I'm very self-critical.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I mainly think about pros and cons. When I need to make a decision and am on the spot to do so I make a decision very fast and am completely confident with my decisions; I love being a leader. However, when I'm making decisions on food or clothes it takes me forever because I like to consider all of my options carefully.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on getting the project done and making it as great as it can be. I love to have control of the outcome; I can't stand not having control of the final product.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Hmm... I have fun all the time with friends so this is sort of a hard question. I guess the most recent time was hanging out with a friend the other day. We just walked around campus and laughed for about 3 hours. We started doing impersonations of people and just being silly all around; being goofy is when I have the most fun.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to memorize and theorize. I don't really like theorizing when there is no practical application that I can see. I like things to somehow be related to the real world. I do liek theorizing about abstract things too, but after a while, I don't know, I guess I feel like it's useless. That said however my major is Comp Lit which is all about theorizing and looking for hidden meanings, but it has some practical application to the writing.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Hmm, this is a hard one because I am pretty mixed. My room is pretty messy, but I know where most everything is. My work is incredibly organized: I'm organized about what I do, when I do it, where I keep things, etc. Also, my schoolwork is pretty organized too. I would like to schedule things out more, but it's just not possible right now, which I really hate :/. I'm also never late to things unless something comes up out of the blue.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I judge new ideas with an open mind. As I said before I try to understand the principles behind things; I want to know the meanings behind things. I like to unpack the unknown and find how it is useful.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Hmm, I do like to make sure everyone is doing fine but I don't need them to belong in a given group. As I said before, I used to thing I was highly Fe, but I now believe it's just my 2 enneagram working its magic. So, in a way I think I like to make sure I follow what I believe. I don't always try to be myself, because I like to be liked, but I do if I know the people.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking generally unless I'm with a friend or familiar person then I just speak haha. I'm almost always thinking so I love the times when I'm able to just let go and be the crazy person I am deep down. I also generally prefer one-on-one communication, but group discussions can be okay.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to at least have an idea of where I'm jumping before I do so. I think actions and words speak equally. If you do something, great but you better have the actions to back it up, and vice versa holds true as well.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd go out and record the show or watch it on the computer later. I do love getting lost in TV shows but I love being around people just as much most of the time.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I deal with the shit I need to deal with and move on (well, sometimes I like to talk about it with other people, but only people really close to me). I'm a very resilient person and always have been. I don't sulk or cry because I don't feel the need to. I don't like spewing out emotions for stupid reasons. I've dealt with a lot of crap my whole life and for that reason I am strong. I grew up without parents because they were mentally ill drug addicts, and was raised by my elderly grandfather so I learned to deal with crap and move on because whining won't help. Life isn't fair and sometimes I just need to accept that.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike people who constantly need to make everything into drama. You feel like everyone hates you, then do something about it rather than complaining. I hate ignorance: don't talk about things you don't know about. I dislike when people tell others things and have no clue what they're saying; don't assume things and tell other people that they're true.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I just love being goofy with people. I love discussing academics and life plans and just things that spark my interest. I am serious most of the time, but I love the moments where I'm comfortable with someone and can just laugh about miscellaneous things.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay the least attention to things that will bring me down. Why should I focus on the negatives when I can focus on the positives? I also don't pay much attention to the past because it's the past for a reason.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
That depends on the setting that they mainly see me in or know me in. Most people that I really consider my friends see me as someone who always is thinking, but that can also be very goofy. They also see me as a smart ass. Even when I let go they don't think I do. They think of me as unique and responsible. Some also see me as purely logical and non-emotive. I think that the main thing that people are wrong about is me being heartless. I care a lot about people, I'm just horrible with emotions. And they see this too when they think about things that I've selflessly done for them. Most people see me as a quiet, funny, and serious person. People would never say that I'm emotional, they would never say that I'm full of drama, they would never say that I'm an idiot, and they would never say I'm not helpful.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends. I think I would go out somewhere in nature with a friend and just talk and laugh. If I had the option to go out of the country I would do that and go to Hungary and immerse myself in the culture and see where my ancestors came from. I'd also look at the architecture because it's so beautiful. I'd probably do that by myself because it's just one of those things that needs to be done alone. Saying that however I'd definitely interact with the people there and try to get to know some of them. I'd also admire the architecture because I find it breathtaking.

There you go. I hope I don't sound too bad haha. Thanks for any help you guys :).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading that over I just realized how ENTJ I sound... Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i was thinking INTJ

Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.6)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, it seems to be between INTJ and ENTJ now... Hmmm...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone else have any opinions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts