• I question and doubt many things
  • I have horrible fears
  • Sometimes I feel scarred shitless and other times I am fearless
  • I love to lead people
  • I love to feel in control
  • I love power
  • I've always envisioned myself as like a king or a CEO
  • I don't like it when I have no control over a situation
  • I don't like to hurt people's feelings with my comments, but I do bust people's chops quite a lot.

Do I sound like a 6 w 7 w 8 to you?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

Only if you are redefining a tri-type as that leaves out the 2-3-4 triad which should be covered somehow. You could take one of 6 or 7 and leave that with the 8 and then add one of that last threesome that you are leaving out.

In some ways from what you describe I could see many other types being applicable to you. For example, do you like to achieve and be the top dog? Do you like to be perfect? Those could be more Type 3 and 1 than the others you noted. Just as something to ponder.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only if you are redefining a tri-type as that leaves out the 2-3-4 triad which should be covered somehow. You could take one of 6 or 7 and leave that with the 8 and then add one of that last threesome that you are leaving out.

In some ways from what you describe I could see many other types being applicable to you. For example, do you like to achieve and be the top dog? Do you like to be perfect? Those could be more Type 3 and 1 than the others you noted. Just as something to ponder.
Yes, social report really, really means a lot to me. Many times I have taken the test and it gives me an enneagram 3. However, I NEVER get enneagram 1 though. I do like to help people though quite a bit, I am very sensitive, I love things of beauty and of art, I would love to be like a famous actor or musician, I'm not really looking for love though, safety doesn't really mean that much to me. Hmm.... I could easily be a 2-3-4 come to think of it. Describe what that type acts like to me.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Clarifying...

I didn't mean that 2-3-4 was a tri-type, but that your tri-type has to have one of these in it. The tri-type has to have one of each triad which means one of 2,3,4, one of 5,6,7 and one of 8,9,1. Each of the types 2,3, and 4 are rather different and one may appeal more to you than another.

Another point is to try to find which of the 3 types in your tritype should come first, second and last. Which are you mostly? Which are you least? These are just questions to consider in seeing what comes together for you. Enneagram Tritype may have some more details to help you with this.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't mean that 2-3-4 was a tri-type, but that your tri-type has to have one of these in it. The tri-type has to have one of each triad which means one of 2,3,4, one of 5,6,7 and one of 8,9,1. Each of the types 2,3, and 4 are rather different and one may appeal more to you than another.

Another point is to try to find which of the 3 types in your tritype should come first, second and last. Which are you mostly? Which are you least? These are just questions to consider in seeing what comes together for you. Enneagram Tritype may have some more details to help you with this.
3 would come first. I definitely would fit a combo of a 2 w 3 w 4

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
The Enneagram consists of nine types: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9.

Those nine types fit into 3 different areas:

The Gut/Instinct Triad (Types: 8, 9, & 1)
The Image/Heart Triad (Types: 2, 3, & 4)

And the Head Triad (Types: 5, 6, & 7)

Wing theory takes the +1 or -1 of a type, and adds it. (I.E. a type 7 can have an 8 (+1), or a 6 (-1) wing. The wing adds a sort of subtype to the initial type, it's more of a "focus" for a type.

The Tri-Type theory takes a type you relate to most from each triad (Head, Heart, & Gut), to create a more detailed and interesting type. A Tri-Type cannot have more than one type from each (for example you cannot be a 6-5-9 because there are two head types in there (6 and 5)

Hopefully that'll clear up some of the confusion.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Enneagram consists of nine types: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9.

Those nine types fit into 3 different areas:

The Gut/Instinct Triad (Types: 8, 9, & 1)
The Image/Heart Triad (Types: 2, 3, & 4)

And the Head Triad (Types: 5, 6, & 7)

Wing theory takes the +1 or -1 of a type, and adds it. (I.E. a type 7 can have an 8 (+1), or a 6 (-1) wing. The wing adds a sort of subtype to the initial type, it's more of a "focus" for a type.

The Tri-Type theory takes a type you relate to most from each triad (Head, Heart, & Gut), to create a more detailed and interesting type. A Tri-Type cannot have more than one type from each (for example you cannot be a 6-5-9 because there are two head types in there (6 and 5)

Hopefully that'll clear up some of the confusion.
Yep, I'm definitely a 2-3-4 combo then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts