Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you will be poor but social work def fits the ENFP personality.

compassionate
everyday different
genuinely helping others
deal with all kinds of interesting people
get to give advice

what other jobs fit ENFP personalities to a T!

P.S. yes i did read the other job/career threads. But ENFP can always use more career threads as fickle as we are with jobs and all.lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know... I've thought about it. Especially in some country like South Africa or something but I kind of dislike the "being poor" part of it. I need my money to finance my many interests :s

So I'm gonna stick with being an IT Consultant.
- Pays good
- You get to learn new complex stuff on a regular basis
- You go to new environments on a regular basis
- Depending on your role you get to talk to and please end-users
- Someone uses what you build. It's gratifying (when it's good, otherwise you have something to work to :)

And except for surfing, it has been the only thing in my life that I've always followed through which is good because the job hopping I think of more as a weakness and although I've thought about change I'm proud that there IS something I held on to (computers have interested me since I was 12). Makes me proud of myself. I kind of realize that I would get bored with a new carreer after a while too. So I decided change is necessary now and then yes but I see it more in terms of: new client, new projects, new ppl and maybe promotion to new role and keep extending my knowledge so I'm an expert at "something" at least.

·
Registered
594 Posts
My best job:(from book about mbti:D-I am so creative to think up this alone;)))

-In friendly enviroment full sense of humor, goodwill and minimum or NOT conflicts!!!:proud:
-In enviroment where is appreciate my enthusiasm & imagination
- Allow me to working in my own rhythm & by my own schedule with minim. rules and with leeway to spontaneous action
-Is coherent with my beliefs and values-Allow me to create occasions, which bringing favors to others
-(Aaaa what a long sentences:crying:!!!)
-And : Let me create new ideas, producs,etc-which will help people, and after that knowing how projects become a reality. & get to know new people, learn new things and incessantly satisfy my curiosity.

Oh yea I finished:)

And where money?? Nowhere!:proud: only just to survive:p-and help others, and have for travels, and for new projects, and for my own disco pub and....:)))

·
Registered
28 Posts
only just to survive:p-and help others, and have for travels, and for new projects, and for my own disco pub and
LOL :) I rest my case...

But you are right about the other stuff! Humor is very important to me too. I hate working with stiff ppl who don't treat there coworkers as friends and act all business like ALL the time. I have to be with them more then with anyone so they have to be fun!!

But if I'm really fed up with things at work (because there will always be ups and downs) I'll just take a looooong vacation and go surfing. I'm leaving for France this Thursday... for three months ^^ hehe

Reactions: Vanilambrozja

·
Registered
314 Posts
Although I'm not quite sure what I want to do, I think I've narrowed it down quite definitively to "teacher." I think being a teacher (especially of younger kids) is a great job for an ENFP. It's fast-paced, no two days are the same, the content can be really interesting, you can dream up new ways to get your kids to learn, you get to interact with people all day long, you may be able to make a big difference in a kid's life...I could go on. :proud:

But what to teach?

I'd like to teach disabled children. Or math/biology/physics/health/music/chinese/english. Or teach any of those to disabled children....

We'll see! :happy:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wouldn't mind being a teen counselor honestly. I've always wanted to be 'that guy'. It's probably a thankless job and doesn't pay well, but teenagers in general are pretty much left to nothing. Too old to be taken care of by society and too young to be treated like adults. Annoys me that a lot of them can't enjoy some of the best years of their life because most of them don't get the acknowledgment that they fucking matter.

Excuse the cursing, apparently I care more than I thought I did.

·
Registered
815 Posts
here is a few things I have considered and think would be fun:

psychologist
psychiatrist
actor
advertising
wedding planner
journalist
motivational speaker
novelist
preschool teacher
naturopathic doctor

I don't want anything where I have to deal with details or finances. I can't do the exact same thing every day for very long. I need to work with people in a collaborative relationship. I need to be stimulated mentally, and I prefer jobs with little structure and/or supervision.

I've decided recently I want to work as a counselor in a prison or juvenile detention center.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Succeed Yea good atmosphere in work is very important-Once I was only one day in job and i quit becouse employer woman was vicious and edgy fellow:dry:. Haaaa vacation in France-great:))!! (And be careful about bazaa's salesmen -they give you a bangle and you have to pay for that.-Anyway:D-SUper cool avatar:)!!

Elephant
-teacher-so great -you can helping poor kids, do what you like and at the same time do sth good:).

I don't have patient to children-and this is too responsible-& I am still adult child, so..:D-But when I looking after my little niece I seems to do it well-and then I have patient-but I am not assertive enough and I always let her to destroy my room:proud:.

Inverse teen counselor -it's great job-I hate when people which take care about younger people with problems-even don't try to understand their situation and feelings-They need understanding, support and someone who can really help them.

Aaaa and I wanna to be dietetician:)! This is one of jobs, which I could doing for free.I would like to help people to accept oneselfs, change their life to better and etc.:) Talking about food is my passion:D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Kaycee- I think that those kind of jobs could be fery helpful for other and very rewarding.

We all want to helping, becouse we can identify with a people's situation and really try to help. _It's cute:).

i wish You all find the best job for you with happy enviroment:)

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I definitely dont want a job about helping people, done too much of that already in life. :frustrating:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Haha Tine -Yes, sometimes this could be tiring and ungrateful:sad:.
I want to help people in future -selling them alcohol in my own disco-pub X)))!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm thinkin' working in a non-profit organization! As long as I don't have to handle the finances or fundraising, and just work more on the awareness/advocacy/civil rights, then all the better!

Already joined a transgender support non-profit group (as a volunteer) to get some experience under my belt before I get my Master's Degree! (Halfway through Bachelors right now.)

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I honestly love, love, LOVE what I do. I just got done with "working" and it feels so damn good to do what I do. I teach everything I love and I perform. I really, really, love it. I love using my strengths and giving them to others as long as I balance it with still giving to myself first. :happy:

·
Banned
148 Posts
i'm fairly convinced (and accepting of the fact) that ENFPs will never feel perfectly content with just one job. But hey, once you can live with that, it takes a burden off your shoulders to just go ahead and start SOMETHING...ANYTHING.

As selfish as it may seem, I don't want to take a low-paying job. I know a social worker, and both he and his wife are fantastic people, but they are always worrying about money. So, Imma take teacher and any mentally-retarded counseling positions off the list too. Also, can't handle anything too detailed, monotonous, paper-shoving, sit-by-yourself-and-finish-it kind of jobs.

I feel that ENFPs need jobs that allow them to hit the ground running right away and make a big impact. If there are too many dues to pay, it's unlikely that it'll work out. For example, ENFPs would make great Advertising Account Managers, but the time, commitment and the years of initial grunt labor make it difficult for most ENFPs to see it all the way through.

So, a Corporate Trainer, perhaps? Workplace Consultant? You get hired by companies to help everybody be more accepting of each other and establish stronger bonds of trust with one another.

But overall, I think Consultant would be a great blend of decent pay, good place for ENFPs to offer up solutions, and maybe some travel thrown in as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm fairly convinced (and accepting of the fact) that ENFPs will never feel perfectly content with just one job. But hey, once you can live with that, it takes a burden off your shoulders to just go ahead and start SOMETHING...ANYTHING.
I agree but I don't think the change has to be radical every time. And accepting your weakness is good but I'll still try my best to control it in some way that still keeps me happy, instead of giving into it.

I think if your interest in something is profoundly deep you will be able to enjoy it for a very, very long time though. I must say, I did not score very high on my P (Ive grown up with two parents with a highly developped J) and my job and main interest overlap. Computers. I even can go as far as creating an artificial intelligent entity with personality traits (something that crossed my mind since learning about MBTI and nothing is impossible, right? :) ) and I could match my job with the skills needed for that (like choice of programming language) My job and interest go hand-in-hand! I like that.

I had a plan with my ENTP friend to go buy a bed and breakfast in some warm country where we could surf whole day. But the longer we thought about it the more we realized that we really, really would miss that good pay check, the intellectual challenges and so on. So after some time we would just get bored again! And then you've thrown away everything at home :s

and maybe some travel thrown in as well
See. That option is also still available to me :) I've looked at IT consultancy jobs in Cape Town. I might move there for a few years. I'm checking how this can be done while still keeping my social security/home here... I constantly redefine my goals in life, they stay more or less the same but I think about mix and matching interests and every day work A LOT. I have to work for sooooooooo long still. It 'd better be something I really enjoy. Also, I am in contact with end-users and pleasing them pleases me and they notice... and I notice they notice. It's good.

im doing psychology.. coincidentally it pays the most money- strange that.
I would like that one too but if I want to study that now I'd have to quit my job and study full time :s No can do. You win some, you loose some. In my next life...

I honestly love, love, LOVE what I do. I just got done with "working" and it feels so damn good to do what I do. I teach everything I love and I perform. I really, really, love it. I love using my strengths and giving them to others as long as I balance it with still giving to myself first.
That sounds really great! So you're a teacher who performs for her students? Or how do I see that?

SUper cool avatar:)
DITO!! :crazy: A disco pub huh? Shiiiiit, to many ideas. Overload! stop already! :)

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,194 Posts
advertising
wedding planner
journalist
motivational speaker
novelist
preschool teacher
naturopathic doctor
Hmm, make an unbiased choice of the above.

Me being in Marketing school has nothing to do with the minor modifications to the above quote. But in unrelated news, advertising seems like a great field for ENFPs.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I always, when I was younger~ wanted to open up an arcade/restaurant. With more of a focus on the arcade~ like a real gamer haven. Full of nostalgia but also with enough new play to bring excitement to the place. No ticket/redemption machines. No smoky, dingy rows of arcade games. An open space, with tables~ decent lighting though a bit of a club like atmosphere. Drinks served after 5pm~ Arcade area would be a bit darker so that gamers from the 70/80's could get their hole-in-the-wall feel without alienating people on the tables. Maybe some pool tables too (and can't forget air hockey <3). Food served all day. Big TV for the game. Live music, both DJ and band.

I keep talking myself out of it, because of the death of arcades in the US. They still thrive in Japan because people still see gaming in Arcade the same way we see movie theaters in the US. It's just a place to hang out after work or on the weekend. There is no stigma of it being nothing but kiddie games and burnt up holes for gangs. I can't change the perspective of the entire country on arcades in general by my lonesome~ but maybe I can find a town receptive to something like this. Dave and Buster's sounds similar, but they take a focus to the family restaurant feel~ while I'd like something a bit more mature and 80's retro and focused on gaming. <3

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
you will be poor but social work def fits the ENFP personality.

compassionate
everyday different
genuinely helping others
deal with all kinds of interesting people
get to give advice

what other jobs fit ENFP personalities to a T!

P.S. yes i did read the other job/career threads. But ENFP can always use more career threads as fickle as we are with jobs and all.lol
I'd rather kill myself than become a social worker. Do you know what kind of people you have to deal with? Poor, bitter, ignorant, immature, thankless people, that's who. A lot of the time, anyway. Not me. I don't want a thankless job with a thankless paycheck, thank you.

So, a Corporate Trainer, perhaps? Workplace Consultant? You get hired by companies to help everybody be more accepting of each other and establish stronger bonds of trust with one another.

But overall, I think Consultant would be a great blend of decent pay, good place for ENFPs to offer up solutions, and maybe some travel thrown in as well.
I've thought about a job like that as well. Like a workplace counselor. I'd love to be a counselor of some sort, but I don't want to deal with really depressed and messed up people... Something breezy which pays well and allows me to dress nice where I get to counsel a lot of different people without having to hear about their marital infidelity and disturbing childhood memories. Is that too much to ask?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
That sounds really great! So you're a teacher who performs for her students? Or how do I see that?
I agree that ENFPs might need more than 1 job, but I do all of them at once and I've been doing the same ones for years.

I am a teacher. I basically teach everything I love, which is mostly in performing and in fitness. My college degree was in the Performing Arts and I'm also a certified aerobic Instructor. In addition and first and foremost, I am also a professional performer. No, I don't perform for just my students.Haha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts