Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not trying to gross out anyone. I am watching a survival movie where people had to eat worms to survive. This left me wondering how many people would eat worms and bugs instead of starving.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I wonder why we don't utilize those sources of protein, now. To the best of my knowledge, American culture is very much in the minority in considering these food sources to be taboo.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
After 3 foodless days I could probably eat some cooked ones with Tabasco & salt. Raw? Maybe....4 days in. I watched a guy eat a roach once. He said "For ten bucks I'll eat this". He collected over $50 from us before he chewed it up & swallowed it. Then he laughed & told us he went to survival school in the military & they did that for weeks. :wink:

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After 3 foodless days I could probably eat some cooked ones with Tabasco & salt. Raw? Maybe....4 days in. I watched a guy eat a roach once. He said "For ten bucks I'll eat this". He collected over $50 from us before he chewed it up & swallowed it. Then he laughed & told us he went to survival school in the military & they did that for weeks. :wink:
It sounds like he took you guys for 50 bucks.

I did eat a cricket one time as a joke on my sisters. I bought a candy sucker that had a clean cricket in it and ate it just to irritate my sisters. But to eat worms is another thing all together.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah I would. I would feel bad for the poor buggers, but if it's either them or me, I'm picking me. This is their habitat, they'll have more. But there is only one me. :blushed:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I would. I would feel bad for the poor buggers, but if it's either them or me, I'm picking me. This is their habitat, they'll have more. But there is only one me. :blushed:
You gotta survive. I guess I could if I was starving. I am withching this movie that makes me wonder. The guy even got to the point he age a raw snake. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quite easily I'd say, the only thing I'd hesitate to eat (to survive) is my own excrement, or other humans. That being said, out of those two I'd eat human before excrement XD
Oh my, I was not even thinking like that. ohhhhh #Puke# #Puke# #Puke# #Puke#

There is NO way I could ever eat human or excrement. #Puke# #Puke# #Puke#

You are braver than I am.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
So you could eat worms? I would not say I would not eat them. But I think it would be difficult to eat them.
I believe so, especially if I was starving, but I would eat them on a dare or if someone knew how to prepare them, just to try them, anyway. If it's a new sensation or experience, I'm all about it. I enjoy my eccentricities and standing alone, at the end of the day. Really love giving people a shock or a fright, as well. I'm some kind of "negative attention" whore. lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Oh my, I was not even thinking like that. ohhhhh #Puke# #Puke# #Puke# #Puke#

There is NO way I could ever eat human or excrement. #Puke# #Puke# #Puke#

You are braver than I am.
C'mon man, I mean YOU WILL DIE if you don't eat, I'm a little squeamish right now thinking about it, but in my book of worst case scenarios worms aren't even close to the top XD

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe so, especially if I was starving, but I would eat them on a dare or if someone knew how to prepare them, just to try them, anyway. If it's a new sensation or experience, I'm all about it. I enjoy my eccentricities and standing alone, at the end of the day. Really love giving people a shock or a fright, as well. I'm some kind of "negative attention" whore. lol
I bet you would be an interesting person to get to know in real life.

C'mon man, I mean YOU WILL DIE if you don't eat, I'm a little squeamish right now thinking about it, but in my book of worst case scenarios worms aren't even close to the top XD
I don't think so. I will starve before I would eat human or poop. I may be able to eat bugs and worms but not human. yew!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
So wait a moment: I'd assume that you would prefer to eat a burger that is filled with grease and made of a cows stomach, but you wouldn't eat a worm? Where's the logic on that :D

And according to Pumba, worms taste like chicken, so what's the big deal? lol

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So wait a moment: I'd assume that you would prefer to eat a burger that is filled with grease and made of a cows stomach, but you wouldn't eat a worm? Where's the logic on that :D

And according to Pumba, worms taste like chicken, so what's the big deal? lol

I used to eat a lot of burgers. They started making me really sick every time I ate them so I stopped eating them. If they are make of cows stomach no wonder they made me sick. YUK!!!!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts