Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I've wanted to do one of these questionnaires for a while. I don't really know too much about socionics but perhaps you could help provide clarity on what my type is.

I'm using the "40 Item long Philosophical Questionnaire" but if you have any better questions feel free to ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
In many cases it's worse to never try. You deny yourself growth if you refuse to try or never fail.
Still, you have to be reasonable about it. In some situations it's simply best not to bother because the failure can be too great and too probable to be worth the risk.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
Just one? Then I'd choose to make everyone significantly more enlightened on what's important. The other changes I'd like to see in the world would inevitably emerge from that raising of global consciousness.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
It's mostly within our hands, luck does play some part, but I will consider what the most likely long-term probability will be and it's up to me then to shape my own destiny with that likelihood in mind.

4. What happens after we die?
Nothing as far as I can tell. I haven't died yet. If there's an afterlife then I'll send a postcard. lol

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
They should care about doing both equally. You should care about doing the right thing but if you go about that in the wrong ways then that can easily cause a bad outcome and it defeats the entire point of trying to do the right things to begin with. It's all well and good to be well-intentioned, but if your actions result in a detrimental outcome because of how you executed it then I can't be too happy about this.

6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
Don't die young by trying to grow old too fast.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is there a line? I suppose in some people it's quite close or even blurred, but you certainly don't need to be insane to be creative. Anyone can create something. It's normal and easy.

8. What is true happiness?
Whatever it is, I haven't achieved it yet so I can't say. I assume it's when you can wake up in the morning and feel blessed you got to awaken once again.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
A lack of power. Money particularly. Sometimes other people like my family, but mostly myself since I'm quite lazy.

10. What makes you, you?
Well, I'm a human so there's that. Life in general has made me who I am today. If I had been given a different life I'm sure I would've turned out pretty differently. Same goes for anyone.

11. What is the truth?
The truth is I don't know. lol
We may never figure out the whole truth. Everyone seems to have their own idea of truth, I couldn't say beyond what seems universally resonant and that which makes logical sense to me.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
Depends. If the lie doesn't hurt anyone and even leads to a beneficial outcome them I can't really see that as a problem.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I couldn't say for sure that they are, I recognize the limitations of my own mind and senses, this universe could very well be a giant virtual simulation.

14. What makes a good friend?
A good friend is someone who you could view like family. A strong bond of comradery, understanding and mutual respect. Someone you can rely on to be there for you when need be. Y'know, the basic stuff.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
Not entirely sure, it seems pretty nonsensical, but perhaps it's a self-defense mechanism in that it simulates the scenario and prepare against any hypothetical future dangers for when they have it.
Or maybe they dream so much about having that thing they want, and believe it's pretty much a given they'll acquire it, that it gives their subconscious the false illusion they already do own it so they begin to fear its potential loss.

16. Who decides what morality is?
The culture, laws and traditions of one's respective country seem to dictate that, but such things can be wrong and stupid. Personally I go by a set of moral principles that seem fair, universal and make rational sense, at least to me.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
One is just stagnant survival. The other is more progression towards actualization.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
Depends. How "wrong" are we talking? If it's a "wrong" like doing illegal drugs in the privacy of their home, then I honestly don't care. I'd only care about the morality of an act if it results in a victim or threatens to create potential victims at least.

19. Is there a reason to life?
Maybe not in some divine higher sense, but I do think life gives more than enough reasons to stay alive.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
I don't think it is the same. I think everyone perceives the same reality but in different shades, so to speak.

21. What is true strength?
Not sure. I suspect it's whatever keeps you moving forward and stops you from giving up. That can come from many different things. Your family, friends, lover, god / spirituality / faith, community, will-power, dreams, passion, anger, actual physical strength. Whatever keeps getting you back up when you get kicked down.

22. What is true love?
Love that is genuine and heart-felt, in an ideal sense love that is unconditional or at least close to it.

23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
Of course it is, but family dynamics do change throughout time.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
Honor is a virtue that remains as valuable as ever for civilization. Without the honorable, society would likely not exist for long. Its main role is in defense, serving the public and maintaining law and order.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
Unfortunately in our world, having no money can equal a death sentence. But assuming survival was no longer tied to money then certainly you can find happiness without it.

26. How should people live their lives?
Ideally, I'd wish for people to recognize their potential and strive towards their best selves and make the world better as a result.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
My own? No where near as much as I'd like.
If you're asking about free-will in general then I think it's limited. Still, I don't think things are entirely beyond one's control.

28. What is freedom?
A word that gets thrown around a lot. In the most absolute sense it means having no restrictions or coercive elements opposing your will.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
In some cases, sure. But it depends on the "terrorist." Clearly not all terrorists are pro-freedom.
If someone is pushing tyranny, then how can that be a freedom fighter?

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
Nature does have its effects, and one such effect is to make organisms malleable to the environment, so I'd say nurture and environment is primarily what shapes a personality. Just compare different cultures for example.

31. What defines you?
My answer to question 10 applies here, 30 also kinda.

I will add my culture to some extent, but also the cultures of others since this world has been getting increasingly multicultural and "smaller" as time progresses thanks to advances in faster travel, media and technologies such as the internet.
Mostly I'm an amalgamation of differing influences painted upon a human canvas. I stand upon the shoulders of giants, as does anyone.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
Enlightenment seems to be a life-long process since there is always new things to become enlightened on. But once you become sufficiently wise I think it then falls upon you to use what you've learned to teach and improve the state of the world. What point is there of knowledge if you're not even going to use it?

33. Do we have a soul?
We do have a lifeforce energy, and the mind / heart infuses the color of persona into that energy to create the essence of an individual, that essence I would call the "soul" and such souls can live on and be felt even after biological death if that person used their lifeforce to leave a big enough impact on others and the world. (legacy).
I don't view it so much in a religious sense but more metaphorical.

34. What is intelligence?
Some skill, talent or competency. There are various forms of intelligence and practically everyone has at least one form of it.

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
I much prefer to make decisions myself.

36. What is reality?
It's the essence of existence as we collectively recognize via our senses and scientific evaluation.
That might be putting it a little too simply, though.

37. Is trust more important than love?
Trust without love is significantly weaker, but I suppose you can trust people for other reasons outside of love.
I'd say trust is a bit more important in order to get through life, but I don't want to undervalue love.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
Personally speaking, I find it easier to love. I can't rely on others to love me back.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
To not know what love is and the pain of loss would be detrimental to your development as a human. It is always better to love even if it comes with some pain.

40. Do aliens exist?
I believe so, given how massive the Universe is and how many planets there are that could support life, it becomes highly unlikely we're the only planet to hold lifeforms, even if life turns out to be a very rare phenomenon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
IEI makes the most sense, the idea of raw emotionality even if it comes with much suffering is very much a beta quadra idea. And indicative of Se and Fe valued, and Si non valued.

I can see strong and potentially valued Ni with your focus on what's important in life vs what's not which would make sense for a leading or creative function. Ni as demonstrative is possible though.

Ti is definately valued where you have certain moral principles which guide your thinking but it's not your focus, in addition you don't seem to fit alpha, so thus beta NF.

Your very clear idea of what makes a good friend vs that which doesn't indicates to me very strong Fi possibly in a leading or demonstrative position, but I don't think it's your focus either.

I didn't detect too much extraverted ethics but it could be subtle and implied in your fascination with emotional states but more in an analytical way rather than visceral like an EIE.

I'd say IEI is most likely with EIE and LII as other possible types.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IEI makes the most sense, the idea of raw emotionality even if it comes with much suffering is very much a beta quadra idea. And indicative of Se and Fe valued, and Si non valued.

I can see strong and potentially valued Ni with your focus on what's important in life vs what's not which would make sense for a leading or creative function. Ni as demonstrative is possible though.

Ti is definately valued where you have certain moral principles which guide your thinking but it's not your focus, in addition you don't seem to fit alpha, so thus beta NF.

Your very clear idea of what makes a good friend vs that which doesn't indicates to me very strong Fi possibly in a leading or demonstrative position, but I don't think it's your focus either.

I didn't detect too much extraverted ethics but it could be subtle and implied in your fascination with emotional states but more in an analytical way rather than visceral like an EIE.

I'd say IEI is most likely with EIE and LII as other possible types.
Thank you very much for taking the time to go through all that.
I really do appreciate your analysis on it! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts