Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all
As the title says, my name is Kimono and I'm a type 6 counter-phobic :unsure:

I first discovered this when someone handed me a copy of the enneagram after my first (and quite scary) ayahuasca journey about 10 years ago.
Im not sure how we decided to look at type 6's but we did and I remember reading through the description, about all the fear and just thinking, 'nope, thats not me'....but then getting to the final part where it describes the cp sub-type and I think my jaw just hit the floor, it described me so well!

If it hadn't been for the scary ayahuasca experience, I would never have said I was a fear type, but at that precise moment, the scales fell from my eyes and I suddenly realised that I had been kidding myself all my life.
There was me, an international traveller, a rock-climber, kite-surfer, mountain-biker, and general all-round thrill-seeker suddenly realising that I was actually motivated to take these things on out of fear!

Well, as I say, that was 10 years ago, and, though it was a revelation at the time, it somehow managed to sink below the surface. Yes, intellectually I now knew about the fear but experientially I still wasn't really in touch with it.

Not until the last 12 months anyway, and, again, a shift spurred on by returning to the ayahuasca world.
I saw once again just how much fear I have, and now I am more aware of it in my daily life. Its still somewhat not fully-conscious, but I am starting to see what an effect it has on my life.

So, how to work with it? Well, thats kind of what has brought me here. Im aware that if I don't really get a handle on it, then its going to hound me through all this life and into future lives as well, and so I feel I'm now ready to face it more head-on.

Thus, I am looking forward to getting advice from similar types on here and to reading other peoples' stories.

Much love to all...K

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Kimono and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Kimono. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
Grey ENFP / IEE
11,607 Posts
Hello to all
As the title says, my name is Kimono and I'm a type 6 counter-phobic :unsure:

I first discovered this when someone handed me a copy of the enneagram after my first (and quite scary) ayahuasca journey about 10 years ago.
Im not sure how we decided to look at type 6's but we did and I remember reading through the description, about all the fear and just thinking, 'nope, thats not me'....but then getting to the final part where it describes the cp sub-type and I think my jaw just hit the floor, it described me so well!

If it hadn't been for the scary ayahuasca experience, I would never have said I was a fear type, but at that precise moment, the scales fell from my eyes and I suddenly realised that I had been kidding myself all my life.
There was me, an international traveller, a rock-climber, kite-surfer, mountain-biker, and general all-round thrill-seeker suddenly realising that I was actually motivated to take these things on out of fear!

Well, as I say, that was 10 years ago, and, though it was a revelation at the time, it somehow managed to sink below the surface. Yes, intellectually I now knew about the fear but experientially I still wasn't really in touch with it.

Not until the last 12 months anyway, and, again, a shift spurred on by returning to the ayahuasca world.
I saw once again just how much fear I have, and now I am more aware of it in my daily life. Its still somewhat not fully-conscious, but I am starting to see what an effect it has on my life.

So, how to work with it? Well, thats kind of what has brought me here. Im aware that if I don't really get a handle on it, then its going to hound me through all this life and into future lives as well, and so I feel I'm now ready to face it more head-on.

Thus, I am looking forward to getting advice from similar types on here and to reading other peoples' stories.

Much love to all...K
Hello Kimono,

in my experience, we all have fears, many just speak about it, probably because they think of it as a taboo in society, and that they could be attacked as soon as they show a weakness.

So, I hope you find here some interesting new people, and new experiences, perhaps some could help you in better cope with your situation.

If you have any questions, just ask, we don´t bite.

Reactions: Kimono

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you have any questions, just ask, we don´t bite.
I'm sorry, I just found that funny coming from you since your username is Lord of Transylvania (like a vampire) :laughing:

All joking aside, welcome to the forum Kimono :happy:

In regards to your post, I'd say the best way to deal with fear is to talk about it—don't bottle it up inside. Let it out. And focus on love in your life (family, friends, significant other, etc). If you focus on loving other people, then that might help to take your mind off of the things you are afraid of.

·
Registered
Grey ENFP / IEE
11,607 Posts
I'm sorry, I just found that funny coming from you since your username is Lord of Transylvania (like a vampire) :laughing:
Hey, it´s Halloween, and there is an option to change your name for this month ^^ (Support Section, Halloween Name Change), but...you got me haha, I have written it before, and didn´t thought about the relation this time ;)

Reactions: Westy365

·
Registered
INFJ 1w9 so/sx
200 Posts
Bravo for recognizing your fear and coming out of the closet about it.

It seems to come up on occasion in my readings that the cp 6 can make enormous progress by simply being willing to acknowledge this fear in everyday interactions and in positions where it is struggling to gain authority.

All fear is present with us at all times and other people notice it in us when we ourselves won't acknowledge it. Therefore being vulnerable about this fear can open new possibilities in our social interactions and especially in power dynamics. A 6 can be enormously influential and trusted when it is willing to admit flaws and acknowledge insecurity.

I don't want to cause confusion, but I just want to give my own opinion about this. Being adventurous and desiring to overcome fears is not necessarily the hallmark of the cp 6. You would also need to ask yourself if you identify with other traits of the cp 6, particularly in social settings. The cp 6 will often have a very strong and nearly confrontational presence to prevent any attacks on their vulnerability. This can mean they work out a lot but so do many people. They typically strive to control their surroundings through physical assertion.

Facing one's fears in an adventurous sense can be more generally true of other types. I am someone who always chooses to jump into the cold water when I don't want to because I am afraid of it and because it strengthens my will. I also usually feel better afterwards. There are many things that are uncomfortable for all people but we do them because they offer us a reward once we break through the fear barrier. Rock climbing is a great example.

And I would hesitate to assign yourself to a type after a strong hallucinogenic experience, especially with Ayahuasca, which is very well-known to invoke extreme fear in its participants' minds and bodies. I have never tried Ayahuasca, but from what I have learned it is more indicative of the universal human experience of primal fear than it is of individual personality.

In any case, I believe much can be learned by studying fear and the Enneagram 6. I don't believe myself to be a 6 but I have learned a lot about coping with fear by studying it thoroughly. No matter your type, it's a good thing you're struggling with this.

Reactions: Buzz and Kimono

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply!
It wasn't just the fear aspect that made me realise I was a 6, there were many other points.
And the ayahuasca made me see not just the fear but the way in which I had always hidden from it so was in fact very useful.
I highly recommend it if you're really interested in exploring the 'self' though I have to say that I don't really refer to it as an hallucinogenic as such.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm actually a CP 6w5 Sx/Sp. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. If you haven't already you should find out your stacking and subtype.

To reiterate a point above, being adventurous or thrill-seeking is not limited to CP 6.

It is true Sx 6's have a strong and intimidating presence. It is not intentional rather an unconscious fixation to project strength because we hate weakness.

For some 6's especially the Sexual 6 it is hard to see the fear because we also have a strong connection to anger.

We also have a fear of being vulnerable. For me, vulnerability is a sign of weakness so we have a hard time displaying our emotions and fears externally. According to Naranjo and Chestnut, Sexual 6's should work on being less guarded with their vulnerable feelings, learn to trust and realize strength is only a defense mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts