Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 115898

mostly because I don't want to pollute the pollute the “type 6 specific music” thread any further,
I decided to make this thread which serves as a fuelling station, more or less, for counter phobic ones.

Life may have been cruel to you
fear and doubt holding you back
but realize
in YOU
there is the energy
the power
take a moment and refuel

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free be free
Surrender your ego - be free, be free to yourself

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
K. This track hits a certain spot. I posted it somewhere else recently. Thought it would be quite apt here. Vocals by William S. Burroughs.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
That station doesn't look like it can handle my Tesla. :D

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Who else can relate?

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who else can relate?
If you discard the popular (and wrong) idea this is about schizophrenia then yes

The duality, the fear, paranoia; that strong individualistic survivalist ego up against the world. Loyalties and moral, and the fragile creature inside.
This also reminds me of someone.

On a totally unrelated note; is a public forum like PerC not the least practical place for 6's to have a conversation?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
If you discard the popular (and wrong) idea this is about schizophrenia then yes

The duality, the fear, paranoia; that strong individualistic survivalist ego up against the world. Loyalties and moral, and the fragile creature inside.
This also reminds me of someone.

On a totally unrelated note; is a public forum like PerC not the least practical place for 6's to have a conversation?

I was thinking more like the six dichotomy not schizophrenia.

Reactions: Sina

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do not forget anything (je n'oublie rien)

So this noon I thought I was going to take a nice rest and read a graphic novel in French. Purpose of this; besides learning French, was to take a nice repose from the daily chores and a bit from PerC too I guess.

Now, I did not expect this album to be like this. First, to say, this is a subserie of the main series and concentrates on the anti-heroin of the main character; whom is portrayed a a complex, seemingly merciless and hard to the core woman. It is only in one of the last albums she shows mercy, and even sacrifices herself to save her son and the family of her nemesis.

Now, while her psychological portrait was never drawn very deeply, making her appear a mysterious, cold and complex. So not only did she hate the main protagonist, but was also secretly in love with him, envied his courage and strenght. While openly she trusted none and was portrayed as a person who would rather die than fall apart emotionally, she certainly had loyalty in her if you could lift the veil of paranoia and dark cynicism.

Now, this album starts with her being quasi dead, if not to the faith of Walkyry (nors mythology) tribunal; where she is now because of her heroic last act and dying the process. It is up to Freya (Norse god that given the name to what we call Friday btw :) ) to decide her (after)life.

And so the story begins of her childhood. And the actual point; where her childhood was hard and raw; safety a commodity all but unknown and fighting her only way.
Which brings fruit to the thought what the nurture (as [lack of] upbringing versus nature [genes, biology]) value is in the typology of type 6.
While I'm the first to nuance and say that neither nurture nor nature exclusively will determine anyones persona; given the nurture, what would be the influence in an enneagram? And in so, how determent and detrimental it can be for a phobic persona?

Can, for example it lead to a lifelong paranoia, an always lingering suspicion; unreasonable jealousy in relationships; an unquestionable faith into proven friends. The inability to cry for them-selfs, the resistance against external help, the constant need for control; the rather die than give up that sense of self-honour as if it is the last bastion, the last pillar that will remain no matter how hard the storm; never to fall apart unless death follows.

Ofcourse this may differ with the MBTI you have; so one may rather have the tendency to be a lone wolf, or otherwise try to please everyone and make no war.

Something discussions can be held about; abeit, if it concern you, ponder about it some time, which no doubt is just a reiteration of a repetition of that same old linger thought, not?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
So this noon I thought I was going to take a nice rest and read a graphic novel in French. Purpose of this; besides learning French, was to take a nice repose from the daily chores and a bit from PerC too I guess.

Now, I did not expect this album to be like this. First, to say, this is a subserie of the main series and concentrates on the anti-heroin of the main character; whom is portrayed a a complex, seemingly merciless and hard to the core woman. It is only in one of the last albums she shows mercy, and even sacrifices herself to save her son and the family of her nemesis.

Now, while her psychological portrait was never drawn very deeply, making her appear a mysterious, cold and complex. So not only did she hate the main protagonist, but was also secretly in love with him, envied his courage and strenght. While openly she trusted none and was portrayed as a person who would rather die than fall apart emotionally, she certainly had loyalty in her if you could lift the veil of paranoia and dark cynicism.

Now, this album starts with her being quasi dead, if not to the faith of Walkyry (nors mythology) tribunal; where she is now because of her heroic last act and dying the process. It is up to Freya (Norse god that given the name to what we call Friday btw :) ) to decide her (after)life.

And so the story begins of her childhood. And the actual point; where her childhood was hard and raw; safety a commodity all but unknown and fighting her only way.
Which brings fruit to the thought what the nurture (as [lack of] upbringing versus nature [genes, biology]) value is in the typology of type 6.
While I'm the first to nuance and say that neither nurture nor nature exclusively will determine anyones persona; given the nurture, what would be the influence in an enneagram? And in so, how determent and detrimental it can be for a phobic persona?

Can, for example it lead to a lifelong paranoia, an always lingering suspicion; unreasonable jealousy in relationships; an unquestionable faith into proven friends. The inability to cry for them-selfs, the resistance against external help, the constant need for control; the rather die than give up that sense of self-honour as if it is the last bastion, the last pillar that will remain no matter how hard the storm; never to fall apart unless death follows.

Ofcourse this may differ with the MBTI you have; so one may rather have the tendency to be a lone wolf, or otherwise try to please everyone and make no war.

Something discussions can be held about; abeit, if it concern you, ponder about it some time, which no doubt is just a reiteration of a repetition of that same old linger thought, not?

She likely hated him for affecting her and bringing her out of control.

I would say a six nurtured in a healthy environment, a bubble might be an entire other number. Children are not born mistrusting the world.

{Can, for example it lead to a lifelong paranoia, an always lingering suspicion; unreasonable jealousy in relationships; an unquestionable faith into proven friends. The inability to cry for them-selfs, the resistance against external help, the constant need for control; the rather die than give up that sense of self-honour as if it is the last bastion, the last pillar that will remain no matter how hard the storm; never to fall apart unless death follows.}

All of the above. To the point I would give anything to be "normal" feeling and trust for once. Just once. I trust friends but I keep everyone at arms length and do not get so entangled they could hurt me or affect me. Even my marriages were business arrangements and poly at that. So I can relate to her. ouch.

Reactions: Animal
1 - 20 of 46 Posts