Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know the MBTi's for each of the following countries. If you want, feel totally free to add your own countries so they can be evaluated too. Give reasonings if you will :proud: if you do, you are officially excepted into my ENFP Dominion.
WW2 South Africa (PLEASE I DESPERATELY NEED TO KNOW THIS ONE):
Great Britain:
America (Awesometastic!):
Malta (Hard, I'm sorry :unsure:):

That's it for now. Please, once again feel free to add your own countries who you want to be scrutini-hehe-evaluated.

Reactions: Aquamarine

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Banned
440 Posts
The UK is definitely ESTP. We're relaxed, extroverted, in general like risks (the large majority of male teens in the UK are constantly riding bikes/scooters at the local skatepark/dirt trails etc), aren't that touchy-feely, love sport, hate intellectual challenges, are very concrete and straight forward, like to show off and are rarely serious (my best mate regularly calls me a c*nt, and I have no objection to calling him worse back; it's normal here to say stupid things and act in stupid ways, the slightly lower ((but still large as you mentioned @firedell)) ISTJ portion of the country forcing them to apologize constantly). :tongue:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sweden - As a country I'd say ISFJ or ESFJ, and prolly something like 6w5 or 9w1 sp/so.

Very, very afraid of confrontation and stepping on somebody else's toes, and quite the opposite of the American competetive culture.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Israel seems to be a hybrid of ENTP, because it's essentially the Silicon Valley of that region--tech startups abound; and ISTP, since its location in a 'bad neighborhood' has impelled its citizenry to take several levels in badassery.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd say in Britain youth culture is more gravitated to ESTP, but not Britain as a whole.

Talking to people from other countries (mainly German and American), they commented that Britain seemed accepting of idiosyncranicies. I'd say we have a divide, part ESTP, part something more intuitive. Perhaps with a side of ISTJ in there.

Wales...maybe younger females SFP? Scotland, where my grandparents come from...NT...or just thinker in General, maybe ENTP with a side of INTJ.

·
Registered
32 Posts
France

For France, from what I understand, I would say probably IN*J. They seem as a whole to keep to themselves, unless called upon in a time of need. Like in the Revolutionary War. They are very concerned with the preservation of their culture. The Feeling/Thinking could go both ways. They are rich in art, but art that can be understood by thinking or feeling.
But, then again most of what I am going off of is Jean-Luc Godard films, and they were made in the sixtes, and seventies. So, that's my guess.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
For France, from what I understand, I would say probably IN*J. They seem as a whole to keep to themselves, unless called upon in a time of need. Like in the Revolutionary War. They are very concerned with the preservation of their culture. The Feeling/Thinking could go both ways. They are rich in art, but art that can be understood by thinking or feeling.
But, then again most of what I am going off of is Jean-Luc Godard films, and they were made in the sixtes, and seventies. So, that's my guess.
Well, Godard was probably an INFP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, Godard was probably an INFP
I agree that Godard is closest to an INFP. But, the country as a whole is probably more Judging, just based on the critical, and exclusive nature of the culture; as I understand it.

Reactions: gestalt

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I would split the US into two different aspects - Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty. I think of Uncle Sam as being ESTJ, while Lady Liberty is more ESFP.

Of course with the US being comparable in size to (western) Europe, and each state being comparable in size to the European countries, perhaps it would be more appropriate to look at the personalities of the individual states rather than the US as a whole. The same goes for any of the other megadiverse countries Megadiverse countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: AstralVagabond

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I'd go with ESFJ for America and INTP for the Brits, in terms of the spirit of the nation.
Interesting. I would venture to estimate that America aspires to be the epitome of TeSi culture --- however, it's not uncommon for FeSi to aspire to be TeSi ... very interesting conclusion.

America aspires to be:

- A place where logic is supreme
- Where a huge focus on separating things like "faith", "belief" from the rational and objective. "Seeing is believing".
- Where what can't be measured is rarely acceptable.
- Where goal setting from the day a child is born till he/she dies is preferred over any other kind of behaviour

However, what one aspires to be is not what one is - therefore good selection for US as ESFJ :)

-------

I see Canada as the epitome of ESFJ culture as well. As a nation, I've noticed that there is an aspiration to be ENFJ for the most part --- but it's just too conservative and bound by tradition [even in the corporate environment] to be ENFJ-isque.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts