Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find a thread about this either >< Anyone else still love this show?

Courage: INFJ. I think he displays quite a bit of Fe. I think his intuition overpowers his sensing. (I may be completely off with this one though)
Muriel: ISFJ, I think she has strong Fe. Always seems unconditionally nice to all guests and stresses that those surrounding should be kind as well. Seems very traditional, great hostess.
Eustace: definitely thinker over feeler. Te and Fi. Sensor over intuition? ISTJ? ESTJ?

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I loved this show as a kid (I really can't remember the characters well enough though)

Catz - INTJ

Reactions: O_o

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I love this show. Without sounding too peculiar, it makes me feel at home (especially when they themselves are at home or out on the long, desolate road.) I have the hardest time typing these characters, though, but then again, I may not have the most knowledge when it comes to these things. I don't use functions to type people very much and don't know how much weight I put on it. Here goes, anyway:

Courage - INFJ. I don't entirely know why you said he was an intuitive tbh, but I'd like to understand. If it's due to the fact that he saw a lot more than Muriel and Eustace did, I think in the case of this show, it was only because they didn't catch what was going on until they were involved (anything's possible in a cartoon, yes?) TVTropes thinks the whole thing is in Courage's head, but when Muriel and Eustace are held captive, they realize there's truth to what Courage was trying to tell them. However, if it's because he was always running away from people who looked different whereas Muriel seemed to love others no matter how different they looked, I would agree - Courage would eventually open up to them, but only after he saw how they acted and could, in turn, see passed their appearance. When things weren't made "complicated" for him, Courage chose to live as "simply" as possible. I do sense a strong Judging side for that reason. Also, I agree that Courage exuded much Fe. I don't know if this is a fair example, but he's played the role of therapist once or twice in an episode or two. He's very, very good at relating to and sympathizing with others. <3 I think he's usually frightened by a lot of social interaction, so I would say introvert as well. When Muriel's had people over, Courage usually seemed to keep to himself. These are all just MY observations. I want to make a reference to that "Perfect" episode as well. A teacher came and tried to teach Courage how to be "perfect" but he kept doing everything in a more abstract way. For example, she tried to get him to simply draw the number 6 on a piece of paper, but Courage ended up making one using all kinds of colors and what not. This shows idealism, I would think, so it may be another reason why NF is an accurate fit. Although in all honesty, I don't think this is a matter of personality typing, rather expressing individualism in general. I just figured someone may just be able to tell me about it.

Muriel - My favorite character. I think she alternates between ISFJ and maybe ISFP - but she's maybe often suppressed in the sense that she seems like she's trying to fit the role of a Judger at home. She does show a lot of Fe, always trying to make sure everyone else is comfortable as you have said (which is why I love her) except for when she's out and about, which is rare. When she gets the chance to go out and do things, she seems very go-with-the-flow. My example would be her living it up with the Valkyries. She didn't seem to have any reservations about engaging in such reckless behavior, but didn't seem to care whether the other Valkyries were with her or not.

Eustace - ISTJ. I wanted to say ISTP, but he seems to have a lot of Te while being very sensitive on the inside. He doesn't like being around other people (unless he can use them) - in fact he downright avoids it (unless whomever he's speaking with is offering him money or some other valuable material thing which makes me think he's a Sensor. Even then, he'll take the money and slam the door in their face.) He also doesn't seem like he prefers to stray from routine. He gets very miffed if Muriel doesn't get him what he wants when he's used to it.

Computer - EXTJ. I've seen him typed as an Intuitive but I don't get it. Is it because he knows a lot? Because sensors can know things, too - they just know, from what I understand, about the more material things and Computer knows about EVERYTHING, material and spiritual. He shows tons of Te, and as someone on another website said once, he isn't CHOOSING to be holed up in the attic. There was an episode where he got to break out and wanted to be seen if I remember correctly.

My head hurts, so I'm gonna stop - at least for now. If anyone disagrees for any reason, please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I don't see why Courage is INFJ and not ISFJ...
Functionally, I think it makes sense - Courage doesn't exhibit a lot of Ne. The monsters he sees and warns about are physically real (at least in the cartoon.) Externally he doesn't theorize much. But on the inside, I think he uses his mind power to get rid of them. He seems to prefer a very simple world on the outside. If you have different reasoning, I'd love to hear it, though.

I wanted to try again for a few others as well:

Courage: INFJ (for reasons stated above)
Muriel: ESFJ (very social when given the chance. The other letters are pretty self-explanatory (self-explanatory to me, anyway.)
Eustace: I wanna say ISFP. He seems like he keeps any intuition and feeling on the inside. I think INTJ is also plausible, though..I just didn't see Ni as his dominant or Se as his Inferior. ESFP makes even more sense to me functionally but he doesn't seem extroverted to me.
Computer: A suppressed ENTJ? Seems to want to help others through his actions (Se?) but is confined in a space being used for his Ni?
Katz: INTJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts