Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever done anything you didn't think you had the courage to do? Last year i went sky diving and this year I bungie jumped, both were awesome experiences I will never forget. And, I did both because I am afraid of heights and wanted to master my fear. So share with me your storys of when you did something brave!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I did a contemporary and breakbeat influenced piece for solo musician/dancer based around some beatboxing and two wii remotes. I didn't have a clue what the fuck I was doing but somebody seemed to like it.

I have a picture somewhere, I'll put on the pictures thread if you're interested.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I let an older man live in my house for two months with me and my husband because he didn't have money, friends or a home and his new job was right up the street from my house. He was a friend, but I hadn't known him for very long and I knew he had a rough past that included prison, jail, bankruptcy, abuse, drug addiction, etc. But somehow I convinced myself he could live in my house rent free for two months until he got back on his feet and it would be fine. Stupid or brave, I don't know... but it did take courage. More like a leap of faith. And it all worked out fine, so I am glad for that. Probably wouldn't do it again though.

I used to have a fear of trains. My friend thought this was ridiculous and he convinced me to go with him to some train tracks in the middle of the night and wait for a train to come and then go up as close as I could to it and feel the wind as it rushed by. I thought this was a crazy idea but I had a crush on him so I said ok. When the train came, he went up there and spread him arms out and let the train blow right by him, like he was having some out of body exhilarating experience. I didn't have the guts to stand there with him but I stood close enough and watched him and saw that nothing bad happened and now I am not afraid of trains!

·
Registered
373 Posts
My social anxiety was so bad in high school that I couldn't even handle group work, but I tried out for a musical, made it, and stuck with it for the whole three months. Even though I spent most of my time sitting under a table reading, I had a blast, and I got to dress up as an Oompa Loompa. I wouldn't even trade that costume for a Klondike bar. It was so fun!!

The experience also opened my eyes to how delightful I find Broadway. I wouldn't ever perform even if I thought I could cultivate the skills required, but I really like listening to show tunes and watching musicals now. :) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite memories of high school. I'm proud I allowed myself that adventure.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Last year i went sky diving and this year I bungie jumped, both were awesome experiences I will never forget.
Skydiving! /highfive I also did that about a year ago. Have to do it again sometime soon!

Reactions: ShipwreckEyes

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course it does! Congrats on having the guts to speak infront of a large group of people, its difficult for me to do public speaking of any kind.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
When I was 20 I decided to leave my parent's house to live on my own on a city 1400 kilometers away.

Reactions: ShipwreckEyes

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Improvisational acting, wanted to do something that usually scares me but that I sometimes find fun with my friends so I went to this acting class and played about 10 characters in 2 hours, I was literally shaking but bluffed my way through it concentrating solely on the character I had to play. I felt completely exhausted afterwards but it threw me out of my comfort zone.

I also went to NY on my own for 2 weeks.

I've hitched a ride a couple of times too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts