Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type do you think is Courtney Love?
I heard somewhere she's ESTP, but I think she's a very troubled ENFP

·
Registered
836 Posts
this is one of those typings... where there's SO much going on there, i don't think we'd be able to separate the mental health issues, from the drugs, from the aftermath of the drugs, from life experiences as a rocker and watching your significant other commit suicide.

yeah. where does one start?

i would wager she's an SP type based on implusive behavior and her being a performer. but really, she could be anything. she could be an effed up ENFP like you mentioned.

·
Registered
716 Posts
this is one of those typings... where there's SO much going on there, i don't think we'd be able to separate the mental health issues, from the drugs, from the aftermath of the drugs, from life experiences as a rocker and watching your significant other commit suicide.

yeah. where does one start?

i would wager she's an SP type based on implusive behavior and her being a performer. but really, she could be anything. she could be an effed up ENFP like you mentioned.
If he did commit suicide (which I personally don't believe) she probably drove him to do it. Courtney is obviously a sociopath.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
ESFP.

She reminds me A LOT of my older sister, and l think Courtney Love might be her role model in all honesty (she's gen x and was obsessed with both Curt and Kourtney then).

Have you seen Courtney at public events? l will say, she can be charming enough when she wants to be.

Granted, the drug use it makes it difficult to tell but l think a troubled ESFP with inferior Ni issues could resemble a troubled ENFP.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If he did commit suicide (which I personally don't believe) she probably drove him to do it. Courtney is obviously a sociopath.
A lot of people don't know he had tried to kill himself by lying down on a train track when he was in high school but the train went on the track next to him instead of over him. He had been showing suicidal behavior since his teenage years due to never feeling accepted, not getting along or feeling he had anything in common with his family, his parents divorce broke his heart and he had no friends in high school. It is amazing none of that stopped him from achieving such musical success, which was his true passion. He even stated he never thought he'd live to be twenty one when he was younger because he felt so isolated. Yeah, Courtney isn't perfect, but there were a lot of other factors contributing to his death. Also, he stated he was manic depressive since he was nine. I also wish people would stop using the word "sociopath" so loosely.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Firstly, I love Courtney Love..
Her bitchiness
Her runny makeup
Her bad music..
Pretty hot.

As far as her typing, there are some things to consider. She was a stripper and a swindler, and a very clever hustler.. none of which she ever felt shameful about.

I think that the genuine parts of her are in her anger/the expression of her anger.

She was abused by men, and turned to less aggressive men for love (cobain - probably an nf).. (probably iei which would complement her agro shit).

She's not a "sociopath" though, shes an 8. I think: 8-4-6 / 8-6-4

I am leaning toward Se Ti for courtney.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Courtney is obviously a sociopath.
I don't think she is a sociopath... I do think she has less self-restraint and empathy for others than a person should, but I know she had an unstable upbringing and didn't enjoy the most stable adolescence either.

She seems to be an Se user, a boundary pusher... I'd think she's an ESxP, the yang to the INxP yin of Kurt. Her daughter does not seem to have a good relationship with her. I think Frances is a Fi using introvert of some type.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think she is a sociopath... I do think she has less self-restraint and empathy for others than a person should, but I know she had an unstable upbringing and didn't enjoy the most stable adolescence either.

She seems to be an Se user, a boundary pusher... I'd think she's an ESxP, the yang to the INxP yin of Kurt. Her daughter does not seem to have a good relationship with her. I think Frances is a Fi using introvert of some type.
Well, maybe I spoke too quickly. However, you quoted an old post of mine..

I cannot diagnose her, obviously (also, I'm not a psychiatrist). But everything about her seems fake and cold. And calculated - apparently she had this list of things to do, to become famous, and one of them was to "become friends with Michael Stipe", and she just....does it!

I'm almost certain that she's involved with the death of her husband, even if she "just" coerced him into suicide (although the lack of fingerprints on the murder weapon seems like a clue that shouldn't have been ignored).

Now, I know it's a harsh judgement to lay on someone, but everyone who was involved with her and Kurt seems terrified of her. And getting an interview with her about the matter seems harder than breaking into Fort Knox..

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would be interested in hearing what Billy Corgan has to say about her.
To me it appears, that they had more of an on/off kind of fling, while Kurt seemed to invest all his love in her, making him a much easier target for Courtney's manipulation (in theory). And then Kurt started talking about quitting the music scene, and shortly after he dies a mysterious death - and Courtney goes back to Corgan.

Okay now, this is all pure speculation about a subject that I'm now only vaguely interested in... So I better step off...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
To me it appears, that they had more of an on/off kind of fling, while Kurt seemed to invest all his love in her, making him a much easier target for Courtney's manipulation (in theory). And then Kurt started talking about quitting the music scene, and shortly after he dies a mysterious death - and Courtney goes back to Corgan.

Okay now, this is all pure speculation about a subject that I'm now only vaguely interested in... So I better step off...
Billy lived with her and Frances as recently as 2010.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts