Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize she isn't in the public consciousness so much lately. But I was really into Nirvana as a teen, and as I've gotten older I've become curious about Courtney Love. I don't think she is a "bad" person...though I don't really feel that way about anyone, even when they do horrible things. But the worst I've ever seen her do is annoy people she associates with by threatening them. It's also obvious that she is living off the immense money Kurt Cobain's estate has provided her. But I don't think she necessarily only published his diary entries for money without concern for his posthumous integrity. I, personally, am curious to read that stuff. Providing insight into a creative, self-destructive person's mind is invaluable, in my opinion. I don't know if Courtney feels that way or if she was just looking for money...but I suspect she has more than enough money regardless. OK, so that was a long rant.

Typing Courtney seems difficult to me. She seems like an SP. She does seem more analytical than the average SP, but she also screams for attention and seems very controlled by her feelings. I have seen people type her as ESTJ or ESTP, but I don't really buy that. She seems more feelings oriented than logic oriented to me. I think she might be an ESFP with strong Fi and Te. When she starts threatening people, it looks like Fi-Te gone mad to me. I know when I am in a compromised mental state and someone hurts me somehow, I lash out in an aggressive manner using Te facts and Fi value judgments to cut the person down...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think ESFP seems likely. If so, she is like the antithesis of the usual happy-go-lucky image of ESFPs. She does have the flippant buoyancy of an ESFP, though. And she loves attention of any kind. I've seen people on boards who insist she is a Thinker because she is known to be rude, pushy, and aggressive with people. However, I know that that has nothing to do with whether a person has Thinking or Feeling preferences. I know a few ESFPs and one of them is highly aggressive.

ESTP would seem possible, except I see no evidence of Ti. She is so scattered and volatile. ESFP seems like the obvious answer, but I am wondering if anyone else thinks otherwise. I hate it when things are too easy, lol. I would say ENFP is possible for her, because generally I see ENFPs as more talkative than ESFPs. But the stuff she rambles about is not generally abstract or intellectual. She does show some interest in history and I think she is intelligent. I think she is a Fi and Te user rather than Ti and Fe, and that is why she doesn't necessarily show any social grace. A totally wackadoo ESTJ may behave like she does. But, then again, it's hard for me to imagine Te as her dominant function.

An ESFP who is stuck in a Se-Te loop induced by constant stress (Borderline Personality Disorder, addiction, her husband's suicide) would probably act just like Courtney does...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm glad this was asked. Love this woman. A ways back I was thinking ESTP also. I had misjudged her spitefulness. I took the time today to watch an interview. Immediately, Thinking was out. Logic wasn't as apparent as was this ease in socializing I saw. I've noticed Thinking preferers have more edge to their mannerisms. I was thinking ESFJ before coming here. I thought I felt Fe from her because of her "poise," but maybe Fe would be less eager to speak over others, especially if unprovoked. Courtney used her clout to strong-arm and lead the conversation. And thinking over her stunts in times past I think she likely is someone who prefers keeping her options open rather than sticking to plans (P). Wow, type 8 would explain some of this, huh... I think I could agree with ESFP.

Oh, no. I haven't had great experiences with ESFPs. lol But CLove is definitely my kind of rocker...popper... w/e

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
ESFJ/ESFP. Courtney love is not an intuitive.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Agree on the second typing. She's just a very loud, very troubled and very smart one. Her IQ is about as high as Tarantino's and his is about 160 I think.
Someone once said to me that Intelligence was based on the decisions we make. Based on this logic why do people with high IQ's make such bad decisions ? Isn't IQ related to Intelligence ? Then we have those with lower IQ's who would make smart decisions given the exact same scenario. Befuddled :unsure: I think what it comes down to is IQ and Intelligence are not always related ?..Courtney Love is one example. Her life was paved with bad decisions, yet in some ways too smart for her own good.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Someone once said to me that Intelligence was based on the decisions we make. Based on this logic why do people with high IQ's make such bad decisions ? Isn't IQ related to Intelligence ? Then we have those with lower IQ's who would make smart decisions given the exact same scenario. Befuddled :unsure: I think what it comes down to is IQ and Intelligence are not always related ?..Courtney Love is one example. Her life was paved with bad decisions, yet in some ways too smart for her own good.
It's pretty much common knowledge that being very intelligent isn't always synonymous with common sense. That fact has been studied, picked at, pondered upon and confirmed in some ways by what we know intuitively about people. So I completely agree with you here.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
There's a difference between intelligence and emotional intelligence. She also has a personality disorder (borderline or narcissistic). It's impossible for her to live a life without drama because she craves it.

I don't buy that she has a 160 IQ. One of those "celebrity IQ" sites said that Madonna has a 140 IQ. Yeah right lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts