Personality Cafe banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'll ask her if she wants me to forward to her now or later as shes currently very busy with several of her own research projects. She's not a virologist but internal med physician working on her oncology fellowship and has already at the age of 33 worked on a team that has progressed 2 cancer diagnostic discoveries - one in particular being pulmonary related to hemoglobin analysis so somewhat related to covid in that its a 'lung/respiratory thing'.........

IMG_0713.jpg

Her presenting research couple months back - yes am proud of her especially as shes the only blood family I've ever had. But back to your link - its seems very interesting and I'm personally interested in reviewing the references to the document itself as well. There is a lot of stuff there and will take me some time, too - I'm not a geneticist and after my time as a combat medic, years back; I decided to run like hell away from medicine and settled as just a lowly mathematician & geodetic engineer...... :smug::cool::wink:

Decided later to half ass keep up with medicine just so I could sorta have a good conversation with dawter...........
Again will see what she has to say..............
thanx........jonny koon

Reactions: stathamspeacoat

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Any insight, koon?

Just found this and again, mine wandering like crazy

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-2005-wait-pandemic-late-prepare/story?id=69979013
<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

Difficult to prepare for a specifically defined pandemic as one doesn't know the exact MO of the "enemy" so cannot have a vaccine or tests for an enemy you can't define until the germ hits you. That being said, what one can have in place as prior preparation is a logistical framework (industry, science & medicine) to be able to react in a timely and specific manner and to have "safety nets" in place for something you know is going to occur one day.

Something like that kind of foresight requires vision & leadership something that Murahka is sorely lacking in as the so-called leadership is completely "reactionist" at best. Murahka doesn't have "Visionary Leaders" it only has Reactionists and they are primarily concerned with Murahkan Lifestyle & Culture to use money, to make money, for the sake of money to feed hedonistic decadence.

Does my writing count as "insight"?
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
<<<<<<<<<---------------------------take it frum a koon!

Well lots has happened in the last month. Resident time is up in June so my Dr daughter's Covid Team has been essentially disbanded and she has been preparing for her new next "class" of incoming residents. She has begun her own & final year of being Chief .

With all of that she let me know that she has, along with other physicians, been involved with a pilot Covid - 19 study as the Guinea Pigs. Haha - they're the ones being studied instead of being the "studyers". Her big Covid Test day is on the 17th. She said its till 18 June and soon thereafter the results.

With USA deaths well over 100,000 now and prolly be near 200,000 by end of summer, I'm looking forward to the entire result test data.

Reactions: ponpiri and mimesis
41 - 44 of 44 Posts