INTP (I thimk) 5w
Do you know me cuz I don't know you? Your statement is fair even if you sound pissed as I didn't state my position. Some who know me know my position. I have posted here and there. Living in a world with Covid But for those who don't know me ... I accept the challenge.Bap, you are the one who is required to state and defend your position.
Which you will not do because you have no argument except "assume I, Bap, am right about everything."
This thread was inspired by the July 23 2021 cover of "The Week" magazine. It shows anti-vaxers in a packed crowd carrying signs being pushed or stepping off a cliff. The signs say, "Freedom no masks no vaccines, We are not guinea pigs, I call my own shots, Your body your choice, Say no to forced vaccines, i choose natural immunity." Like that. It is supposed to be a joke, a satire, but not really funny. I wanted to know their position.
My general position is I listen for the news from many sources and go with what is said about the odds. That is for me. For others I would say do the best they can to be informed. Everything is on the table.
1. If you don't care for authority, check out the authority. Some are poor or dishonest. Be careful if you imitate them with an unauthoritative position yourself. That is not an argument.
2. If you aren't informed and don't listen to news, you are experiencing lots of normal healthy activity around you and there is no need to do anything. Why should you be forced when that is what you see ... until it is too late.
3. Some people should not take the shots. When I got my 1st shot I had to sit in a chair for half an hour simply because I said "yes" to allergy. I thought it was a joke because I told them I was allergic to poison ivy. Everyone else had to sit only fifteen minutes. This was to check out allergic (bad) reactions. I don't seem to hear about this safety precaution in the news. No wonder people can be afraid.
4. My dad was a physician. I got all the shots. That makes me a brainless conformist I guess.
5. What else? Some people have had a bad reaction to another vaccine. They should have this checked out with their doctor because the Covid vaccines may be different. Why take chances?
6. I have more but typing is difficult as I cut my finger with a saw this AM and it's bandaged.