Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else enjoy the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson? I think he's hilarious and a great example of a well-developed, healthy ENTP extraordinaire.

I've been watching his interviews on youtube and you can just see his intuition bouncing off the walls, all while completely making sense! He's also very abstract.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm thinking Fe-dom.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love him. He has an accent, and he got a Doctor Who interview on network American television. What more could I need? The fact that he's ENTP is just the icing on the cake!:cool:

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Craig is awesome! ^_^ (I've been forgetting to watch him lately, though. The internet does that to me.) I think he may be an ENFP instead of an ENTP, however. He refused to make fun of Britney Spears when other late night hosts were doing it because he sympathized with her due to his own battle with alcoholism. That could be Fi. ENTP certainly isn't out of the question, though.

YouTube - Ferguson Speaks From The Heart

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, if it was personal, who wouldn't be sympathetic? Being a thinker doesn't make you soulless :-/

Reactions: Magnificent Bastard

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. As ENTPs, sometimes we'll take a stand for things that we think are really wrong--like when someone is getting bullied (How Craig thought of Brittney Spears). I know I do sometimes.

Craig's clever abstract rapid-fire associations are too ENTPish, imo. :laughing:

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Well, if it was personal, who wouldn't be sympathetic? Being a thinker doesn't make you soulless :-/
I certainly wasn't implying that. I was just throwing ideas out there. ^_^U If you noticed, I said that ENTP certainly wasn't out of the question. One thing's certain, though: Craig has Ne in spades. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
He's hilarious, depending on the guest, and their interaction.

I loved him with Steven Wright (INTP) and Samuel L. Jackson (ENTJ or ESTP?).

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really see him as ESFP
Hmm, how so? He makes a lot of far-flung yet logical connections when it comes to his lateral jokes. And he's always coming up with fresh and bizarre ways of looking at things or twisting a guest's fumbling story into a new bizarre concept. I look at that as Ne.

It seems like he has a highly developed Fe as a result of working in show business and having to do the show live and appeal to a national audience.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hmm, how so? He makes a lot of far-flung yet logical connections when it comes to his lateral jokes. And he's always coming up with fresh and bizarre ways of looking at things or twisting a guest's fumbling story into a new bizarre concept. I look at that as Ne.

It seems like he has a highly developed Fe as a result of working in show business and having to do the show live and appeal to a national audience.
I don't see Ti in anything he has done. So I could see ENFP instead but I don't think he's as bubbly and off the wall as most ENFPs. His humor really reminds me of an ESFP. He seems like he stays with mostly surface level and real world topics and only occasionally mirrors Ne behavior but doesn't really know what to do with it (like in the video above with Steven Wright). He seems to want to have a personal intimate connection with his audience. I see a lot of Fi in his show.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see Ti in anything he has done. So I could see ENFP instead but I don't think he's as bubbly and off the wall as most ENFPs. His humor really reminds me of an ESFP. He seems like he stays with mostly surface level and real world topics and only occasionally mirrors Ne behavior but doesn't really know what to do with it (like in the video above with Steven Wright). He seems to want to have a personal intimate connection with his audience. I see a lot of Fi in his show.
He does stay on the surface in some interviews, but perhaps because he wants to keep the interview on track. And just because he's intimate with his audience doesn't mean he isn't an entp. I do that all the time when I'm pitching to people.

Sometimes it's in your best interest to make people feel good and at home--especially if you're a talk show host. And doesn't Ti just filter things to make sure they make logical sense. Most of the Ne pairings he concocts make logical sense, albeit in a twisted, incongruous way--which is comedy.

But his earlier and rawer standup show the extent of his abstraction ability:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts