Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even when I'm feeling very sleepy right now, it seems that my intuition works overtime.. I can still often absorb feelings and energies at subconscious and feeling level.

To be honest, I don't mind feeling energies of my family or people closest to me, it helps me understand them better. However, I feel weird if I am suddenly thinking of a few other people and ''feeling'' their energies... It makes me wonder why and how on earth do I know so much.

It's like their energies just suddenly come over me and I suddenly get an analyzed picture of whatever they're currently through. Based on experience, I never underestimate even my most abstract thoughts anymore. I can't blame myself, my experiences made me this way.

P/S I don't need anyone to invalidate my intuition, thanks. I know it's there for a reason and it's saved my life too many times, it's not like you walked a mile in these shoes. And trust me, these shoes of mine are not for the weak minded/ for the closed off kay?

I'm just asking, especially towards intuitive empathetic INFP's, how do you turn off the emotional switch?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm gonna go Rastafarian on your ass: Jah never give a man more than him can bear.

That is to say, you can handle it. If you couldn't handle it, you wouldn't be experiencing it. The mind has a stress switch that will flip if things truly become overwhelming. So, right now you have the ability to cope. It's tough, but you can.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need to turn it off. Use it to get calming vibes and relax.
At least that's what I do. I don't know how but I'm trying to figure that out. Sorry I wasn't much of a help.:blushed:

Haha, that's actually quite a nice way to think about it. I like your faith.

Do you feel weird if you use the calming vibes of someone else though? I do. Though it helps :crazy:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
A journal can benefit you greatly. This can also help those who are depressed, angry, anxiety-ridden, and the likes. With journaling, you can write what ever feeling or thoughts you have or had during the day, and it helps you relax once you can see them on a piece of paper. Sometimes, just breathing or telling yourself to stop feeling or thinking a certain way won't help; You have to GET IT OUT there somehow.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
or do it like me. the hard way. basically you sit in your room and writhe in agony until the pain goes away on its own accord. then come out of your cave, real slow like slug-like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm gonna go Rastafarian on your ass: Jah never give a man more than him can bear.

That is to say, you can handle it. If you couldn't handle it, you wouldn't be experiencing it. The mind has a stress switch that will flip if things truly become overwhelming. So, right now you have the ability to cope. It's tough, but you can.
True this.

Though I've found that those things you brushed aside/switched off come back to bite you in the arse if left unattended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also music is maybe a good distraction or help for it , if i hear some relaxing music (everyone has a different taste: prefer classic or instrumental tracks not too sad ) ,my mind can settle down or put it on ease for a while .

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you feel weird if you use the calming vibes of someone else though? I do. Though it helps :crazy:
If I'm with someone who's relaxed, I'm sure to relax too. Just like when I'm with an angry/sad person, I'll be angry/sad too. I can't change that until I'm alone and have sufficient time to change my "mood" of thinking.
I've tried to explain it as good as I can so I hope its not confusing or anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A journal can benefit you greatly. This can also help those who are depressed, angry, anxiety-ridden, and the likes. With journaling, you can write what ever feeling or thoughts you have or had during the day, and it helps you relax once you can see them on a piece of paper. Sometimes, just breathing or telling yourself to stop feeling or thinking a certain way won't help; You have to GET IT OUT there somehow.
Yes. A journal is excellent for validating troubling thoughts. Seeing them written down on a piece of paper makes them seem more objective and easier to manage, rather than just thoughts/feelings swimming around aimlessly in your head. Things start to make a lot more sense.

Also, counting slowly whilst stretching your limbs helps to re-focus your mind and relieve muscle tension. I do this when I'm anxious or stressed and it helps to keep me grounded and feel in control of what passes through my mind.

Hope this helps izzie :) It really is overwhelming how much we take on board, but it is a gift I am so grateful for!

x o x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do math. Yeah, gross, I know, but focusing your functions at cold, unfeeling math is a surefire way to block emotions that aren't yours. Or exercise your Fe by listening to music, reading a book, looking at pretty pictures. Or learn meditation, repeat a mantra in your brain and concentrate on that.

It's all about changing your thoughts.

Reactions: boredToDeath

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I create a safe place in my home (which I still haven't set up in my new apartment.... whoops?) and use that space as a place I go to when I need to release everything and everyone else and only feel and center me and my connections with the world/universe. While there, I journal, I color, I sing, I listen to music, I create new things, new stories, etc. It is channeling that energy which was not mine, and changing it, altering it into something that I can alter and use to bring joy and happiness or at least to purge dark and negative emotions.

If I'm unable to turn off my empathy at least a little bit prior to entering my space, I will meditate, stretch, work out, concentrate on breathing, yoga/tai chi, etc. all physical/body focused activities that help your body to process the physical reaction I have to my emotions and what I'm feeling from elsewhere/others. Once I have quieted my body, I can then quiet my mind and soul enough to find something resembling inner peace again. It doesn't always last, but it is long enough for me to be able to find my way to sleep or to be able to start my day.

Hope something in there helps.

Reactions: boredToDeath

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
For me the key is often music. It has to be the right kind of mood though. If it is, it is as if its frequencies/vibes lock in with those inside my brain, take me for a journey. I find that to be a great relief valve.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I feel people's "energies" all the freaking time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even when they are not in the room or are on another freaking continent!! It's annoying!!
MAKE. IT. STOP!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel people's "energies" all the freaking time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even when they are not in the room or are on another freaking continent!! It's annoying!!
MAKE. IT. STOP!
I know even when they're in another continent!

Oh..I get a ''buzzing'' energy from you :crazy: You're like buzzing here and there, almost 'everywhere' (in metaphoric sense) you can possibly be today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts