Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like the last person on earth who doesn't have some kind of iSomething, or blackberry, or whatever you kids have these days.

Anyone else just have a regular old cellphone with no internet or special ability to receive/send photos?

I don't even have but two games on this shit.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the same flip phone since 2006 or so. There's no way I can justify paying $90 a month or whatever for a smartphone.

I can't justify it neither.

I like saving money, and being able to see my keys.

Reactions: Lola Lolek

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I had a blackberry a few years ago. I hardy used any of the applications, such a waste of money. Once my contract was up i bought a plain jane cell phone. Not many added features, just enough to do what i need to do. I can't justify paying over 100$ a mt for something i don't use other than for the primary purpose in the first place, talking and texting when i need to. My friends laugh when they see me pulling out my phone. They tell me i'm living back in the stone ages. I can pay or buy extra things that are more valuable to me with the money i save.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can one-up you. As of right now, I don't even use a cell phone.
I admire those who live free of clingy technology. I'm too paranoid. "What if my car runs out of gas, what if my parachute doesn't open, .. then I will need to call for halp or die! D: "

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
I've been using a piece of shit phone for quite a for years now, just been bought a semi-nice phone with a camera -ooh!!! And its switched off collecting dust.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I have a brick with a signal. I can't play games, download music, go on Facebook, or google. But then again, I don't use my phone much, except to occasionally text. While I do enjoy the perks of technology, I want to be disconnected in some ways too. I still highly value walking out of my house to take a nature walk with no distractions from people. It's nice to not be incessantly bothered by the ringing of my phone (I always keep it on silent) or to text while around others. When I'm with people, I will focus on them, but when I want to be alone, I separate myself from technology and go back to simpler things.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first two phones were simple phones. Right now I use a Blackberry Curve 3G though. I like basic phones for how strong they are. My first phone was an LG AX275. It went through 4users, and with me alone, was dropped in vodka, water, ocean water, dropped out of a car, thrown many times and more. And it only had minor scratches. But I can't have a 'dumb' phone right now. I'm to busy almost all the time, to not be able to constantly have access to email, calendar app, and web browsing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've got an Env3, which has a nice keyboard for texting. It can access the Internet, but I didn't purchase the necessary plan to do so. It's the only phone I've ever owned and I'll probably keep it until it stops working. I really can't see spending the money for a smartphone plan.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have the need for a smartphone, my INFP live-in-the-clouds brain would not remember when a piece of code is due to delivery, it has saved my job on more than once. It also allows me to have quick access to all the information shared by my reenactment group.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Once you get a smartphone, that you assume you wont need, you will never go back. Plain and simple. PerC at the tip of your fingers. 24 hours a day anywhere in the world. Now run out now and buy a smartphone. All us cool kids are waiting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't need a smartphone
I already spend too much time on the internet without having it in my pocket.

My contract is up and i can get a new phone. I can not find one i like. i've checked every provider.
Flip phones have actually regressed in tech since i got mine two years ago.
Looks like I'll keep using my old phone.
I'm thinking about buying a backup of the same one for when mine inevitably breaks.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have an old Nokia phone that is 6 years old. The battery lasts for about 2 weeks, and it charges in 20 minutes.

Who's the technologically impaired one now?

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
I have a cheap LG Android phone (seen them as low as $50, network locked), it works fine and I have no desire to get anything "better" more expensive. Oh and I have a $1/month plan, pay as you go with calls (which are very cheap).

There are a few useful apps (GPS logging of bicycle trips is nice), but most smart phone apps still are a bit of a gimmick.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts