Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been near to one of your dreams and tryied to crash it before you reach it? :crazy: chaotically and unpredictably... :crazy: It's like setting so high standards that is unable to reach it and when you miraculously can do it, you are running away from it...:mellow:

·
Registered
112 Posts
yes, i'm on the brink of a such a thing right now, and a little bit terrified. it's almost as if i've imagined a perfect situation and the universe said "hey that's a good idea, here you go"... and now here i am constantly doubting myself, worried that i will crash it, fairly certain that doubt is the only thing that will make it crash, yet doing it anyway.

i'm actually probably just as terrified of things working out as i am of them falling apart :dry: how is that even possible?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, I got myself into a great college that was my first (realistic) choice, into the hardest major (bio), had my career and life planned out, and now I'm scared my pattering about and terror from everything changing will ruin everything I've worked for.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Actually, I see that pattern as common among INFPs. It has to do with our idealization of perfection.

When something isn't done yet, it can still be perfect. It's still perfect in our head. When something is finally done, we end up comparing what's finished with what we had in our head. Often times, INFPs realize that it wasn't as perfect as we imagined and we feel we wasted a whole bunch of time.

The other side is that something is working out perfectly. It's going exactly how we imagined it would. Finishing would mean having to start the next thing that more than likely will not go as perfectly as what we're working on now. So we procrastinate from finishing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The other side is that something is working out perfectly. It's going exactly how we imagined it would. Finishing would mean having to start the next thing that more than likely will not go as perfectly as what we're working on now. So we procrastinate from finishing.
^ that definately sounds like me

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've had too many dreams come true. But the thing is what do we do after the dream? That's why dream achieving has become a bit of a "blah" thing to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had too many dreams come true. But the thing is what do we do after the dream? That's why dream achieving has become a bit of a "blah" thing to me.
I understand this completely. Being a doctor was never my big "dream" but I did decide to do it and it was a massive undertaking requiring a lot of my energy and attention. Once I was done with all of it, I had the immediate feeling of "is that it!" That was 9 years ago and I still feel this way. It's like I've always got to be striving toward something or I get bored or something. It's left me not really wanting to do anything, which isn't really a good thing.

·
Registered
771 Posts
mine is finishing high school, but then I had depression, so i dunno how that work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts