Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't wanna shower him with all this stuff (and yes, the love is mutual) because I don't wanna overwhelm him with all the compliments. He's super kind, but I'm definitely the more wordy of the two of us when it comes to things like this. So I figured maybe the next best thing is to come here and give them to you guys instead. I don't know if these qualities apply to all of you. But, if they do, just want you to know how great I think they are. And regardless, I'm sure you all have qualities I don't even know about.

1. You're incredibly genuine. You don't give compliments or share positive feelings constantly. But when you do, it's clear you mean what you say. It's for this reason your judgment is so highly valued. And so, whoever has the honor of receiving them feels them 10x harder than usual. The same goes for your criticisms; you don't share them to be rude, but to actually try and help others improve.

2. You're patient and understanding as long as you feel you aren't being bull-shitted, because you're intelligent and believe you have to listen before you make assessments. This is huge. So many people think they have everything figured out without having taken the time to learn anything. But you actually want to hear the world around you.

3. You're humble/non-entitled. You know your limits as a person and view your existence more as a means to help make positive change rather than to try to rule over it/assume more control than you actually have. In all actuality, this makes you as big a badass as those who like to think they're in control only think they are.

4. You're witty as hell with a repertoire of weird, fun-to-visualize jokes.

5. Your determination and unwavering focus with anything you decide to do is beyond admirable. And if you get frustrated, you're still able to quickly view the situation from a logical stance ("If this is inefficient, I have to do something else." Simple as that) versus letting your feelings take over and make you feel all of these irrational fears.

I have more and might add to this later. But those are the main qualities I wanted to get off my chest. Likewise, if anyone wants to share their own favorite things about the type, feel free to use my thread as your vessel if you'd like.

Take care <3

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
Well..uh... just to flower this desert a little....

To my INTJ best friend: Thank you for being as fucked up as I am.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I didn't wanna shower him with all this stuff (and yes, the love is mutual) because I don't wanna overwhelm him with all the compliments. He's super kind, but I'm definitely the more wordy of the two of us when it comes to things like this. So I figured maybe the next best thing is to come here and give them to you guys instead. I don't know if these qualities apply to all of you. But, if they do, just want you to know how great I think they are. And regardless, I'm sure you all have qualities I don't even know about.

1. You're incredibly genuine. You don't give compliments or share positive feelings constantly. But when you do, it's clear you mean what you say. It's for this reason your judgment is so highly valued. And so, whoever has the honor of receiving them feels them 10x harder than usual. The same goes for your criticisms; you don't share them to be rude, but to actually try and help others improve.

2. You're patient and understanding as long as you feel you aren't being bull-shitted, because you're intelligent and believe you have to listen before you make assessments. This is huge. So many people think they have everything figured out without having taken the time to learn anything. But you actually want to hear the world around you.

3. You're humble/non-entitled. You know your limits as a person and view your existence more as a means to help make positive change rather than to try to rule over it/assume more control than you actually have. In all actuality, this makes you as big a badass as those who like to think they're in control only think they are.

5. Your determination and unwavering focus with anything you decide to do is beyond admirable. And if you get frustrated, you're still able to quickly view the situation from a logical stance ("If this is inefficient, I have to do something else." Simple as that) versus letting your feelings take over and make you feel all of these irrational fears.

I have more and might add to this later. But those are the main qualities I wanted to get off my chest. Likewise, if anyone wants to share their own favorite things about the type, feel free to use my thread as your vessel if you'd like.

Take care <3
Omg. I wrote a colleague, an intj colleague, the same things (same gist but different choice of words of course)!!! Same assessments, and more.

I'm amazed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy how you go into detail about the things that you like about this INTJ and articulate them well. I get so many compliments from the people around me that are really vague or over something altogether quotidian that I just ignore them. A specific compliment about a genuinely admirable trait means a lot.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

Take care <3
Indeed better to not tell him all of that at once......

If you do that anyway he will be like: "Ok,..... ????...... thanks." and then his brain will be like: "What the fuck? What am I suppose to do with that????"

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed better to not tell him all of that at once......

If you do that anyway he will be like: "Ok,..... ????...... thanks." and then his brain will be like: "What the fuck? What am I suppose to do with that????"
Aware, hence why I said I wouldn't. Thanks I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts