Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Crazy bitch" subset ENFP here to..waste more time learning and questioning the world

Halli hallo! I've been reading a lot of threads here in this forum for months now, and now, uncharacteristically relaxed from xanax, painting and dancing at a great concert, I gathered up the courage to make a post, thinking there might be more value in trying to talk to actual people than having hour-long conversations with google where I desperately ask it "ENFP developing Te", "introverted feeling meaning of morality kant camus" or "INTP/ENFP doomed to fail???". Yeah, I do that. (Also, really sad discussions like "why does butt stick to seat") So, hopefully I'll be able to break out of my shell and receive or exchange some insights with other members of the forum.

I'm an ENFP through and through. Many years ago I consistently tested as INFP, before I got out of school and found out that I actually desperately neeed people to be by my side at all times, and generally love them to bits. It's odd just trying to introduce myself into empty space like that, but here goes. I come from Eastern Europe which is kinda relevant since I have some pretty different experiences from the majority Western posters here. One of which is that extroverts do NOT have a nice time here. Especially not when you just want to smile at strangers in the street and dance little happy dances in public...

I major in English and hope eventually to work at a university teaching literature... reading is pretty much my main hobby, mostly classic literature including modernism and postmodernism, then academic texts on literary theory, art studies, philosophy and psychology... but I spend more time on my other hobbies like going out with friends, getting wasted, having adventures, throwing big parties and travelling on a whim. Choosing between academia and the hobo life is a hard choice. ENFP!!!

The main issues I'm researching in regards to MBTI are, um... one, relationships with INTPs, like my current long-distance boyfriend, who is obviously a hundred times to the nth degree better than my previous INTP, but still, we have some problems in communication and I want to make him happier! It takes a lot of learning everyday... also, I have a long history of mental health problems (depression, anxiety, possible bipolar, possible borderline, the usual drill) which are pretty incapacitating, so even though I'm not looking for any kind of therapy here, I believe knowing yourself and connecting to others similar to you can be healing. Perhaps there would even be something I could contribute. Although being such a scaredy-pants, it might really take me a while before another post......... ;_;

Oh, wow, I do love talking about myself. I'm not quite sure what use these intro posts really serve, but hey, I hope at least someone will get entertainment of reading this wall :D

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings gardenhead and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum gardenhead. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

I like to believe a relationship can work between any 2 individuals, although Type differences can make things tricky or even problematic. I hope things work out okay for you.

May I ask from where you are?

ENFP Personality Type Profile - Personality Junkie some info on ENFPs if you haven't been to this site yet. You can go to the INTP description from there if you want.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I <3 hour long conversations with Google, hes always so helpful, and listens to me, and shares ideas, and inspires me, and never asks anything in return, though I'm having a lot of issues trying to figure out what his personality type is, any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm kinda scared about someone recognising me going from Google or even around the forum, so I'd rather not say where I'm from... wonder if it's paranoid ^^ I've read up a TON of profiles and articles and discussions already. But it's other people applying the theory to their own situations, and I'd like to apply it on my own eventually... relationships by type can be a bit like horoscopes, but one can't deny that ENFPs are waaaaaaaaaaaaay different from INTPs, and I know this from, haha, having pretty much all my male friends be INTP and having had my longest relationship with one... that was nuts. They're so hard to figure out, and I just want to UNDERSTAND!

And I think Google is INTP, just because I love them so much! :p

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
n____n thank you! (Must... resist... urge... to ask "Why do you feel that way? What jumped out particularly? How may I further optimize your smiling experience?")
Your first paragraph and: "Choosing between academia and the hobo life is a hard choice. ENFP!!!"

I relate to both of them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
after reading several pages of the enfp forum, i think iv decided all us enfps' favorite word, probably "why". lol i love it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly, I drive myself and others crazy with the "whys" and can't understand why someone wouldn't want to analyze every single detail of everything they know... Google has been frustrating me since I don't know how exactly to find out what ingredients are different in a "volume hairspray" from a "normal" one, and all the various ingredients of all the hair products I use, instead of being directed to shopping sites. THIS IS IMPORTANT, PEOPLE! I don't have time for a chemistry degree! Also, what makes the lead in colored pencils better or worse quality... how many artists use supermarket-bought children's pencils to create professional artwork, and how are the various professional brands different? How does one learn to use acrylic paints in the most efficient way? How do artists motivate themselves to create work instead of looking all of this shit up??? Should I write my bachelor's thesis from a primarily sociological, New Critical or psychoanalytical viewpoint, or switch my topic from 'femininity' to 'defining sexuality'? Will I die if I try increasing my bipolar med dosage for a couple days to stop all of these thoughts?

I think some of us might have bigger problems than being ENFP...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts