• ISTJ

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 2.8%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
One common trait among crazy cat ladies is their perceived ability to cope with a loss, thus the company of a cat keeps them at bay (or so they think). For the most part, I would argue that generally idealistic and imaginative women are more likely to be cat ladies with a close second to those who actually prefer ample amounts of alone time.

I voted INTP (because my girlfriend is one XD), ISFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ (I forgot if that was me lmao) and ISFJ.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,925 Posts
In one episode of "Confessions: Animal Hoarding", there is an ENTP woman who hoarded cats, to the point where she became too embarrassed for her friends and relatives to visit due to the house being messy. Apparently, the woman had a teenage pregnancy, and she separated with the father of her son not long afterwards, so she raised the child by herself. Because of the early pregnancy, she had to work full-time and did not complete a veterinary degree that she dreamed about. As her son grew older and became more independent, she began dating other men she met at bars, though her son described them as poor quality and unsuitable. It is then that the woman adopted a pet parrot, and they bonded very closely. Unfortunately, the parrot died, and the woman could not get over the loss as she kept the carcass in her freezer. Afterwards, she adopted some abandoned cats, and this started her obssession with homeless cats, as she explained how she would take care of them because noone else would.

In another episode, an ENFP adopted stray dogs, and in her case, she was raped after a house intrusion, so the dogs apparently provided some comfort and companionship. The town officials and her neighbors saw that she had too many dogs, and how she was spending most of her day taking care of them, so they encouraged her to give her dogs away for health reasons, though to no avail.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Someone who loves cats a ton...I have no idea how anyone can draw any conclusions about this. From one TV show I recall, I think the crazy cat lady was an ISFJ? And this crazy cat lady was not idealistic and imaginative. *shrugs*

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
How many cats does a person have to own to become an official cat lady ? 2,5,10.

Reactions: koalaroo

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that an extroverted feeling type [or an extrovert] who has had a tough run through life, was unlucky in love but still desires a lot of love and affection from external sources and wants to give it as well would be most likely to resort to pet hoarding to get by later on in life?

Based on the above, I voted ESFJ.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
People think INFP?! I think this calls for a poll in the INFP forum about how many pets people own, broken down by animal type. However, it's up to someone else to make the thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts