Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you suddenly died and went to a world completely different from ours... what would it be like? Include as many details as possible.

Example:
There's a mass of pink. Just pink. Is it oblivion? If you jump into the pink, it's your end. That's the firstthing you learn when you're born in this world. Physically, it's very tiny. Just a flat square with an empty center.

Along with rotating roads in the middle. It's inhabited by pink, fluffy cloud-like creatures with cute beady eyes and wheels as legs. that ride across the little roads of their square "planet."

Their social system is simple, yet complicated. Because they have barely any sensory input, they have to have conversations and thoughts to occupy their time.

They're very creative creatures capable of making entire universes through their thoughts, and by communicating, they can "physically" experience these realities. Most of their worlds, unsurprisingly, are abstract, unintelligible mindsets that are somehow capable of giving these mindsets form (as far as they're aware of) and experiencing them firsthand.

This is the main purpose of this world, and its primary source of entertainment.

Emotions are simple, and only consist of love, sadness, happiness, and neutrality. Embarassment doesn't exist. Neither does regret, hatred, anxiety, or any other emotion not fitting into those categories.

They communicate not by words, but with varying speeds with their paths, differing paths, and thought.

Because time doesn't really exist, they don't really die. It's up to them when to decide to jump into oblivion, and since depression doesn't exist... it must be a completely different reason. Usually an effort to communicate extremely strong feelings or an addition to a metaphor. Or maybe a finale to one of the create worlds/conversations.

Your turn. Entertain me, fellow NFs.

Feel free to ask each other about someone else's worlds, if you're wondering about a certain element.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Cool, very creative :)

I can only think of a dimension of love and light where everybody is pure energy/consciousness, all of them both one and the same and separate entities at the same time, communicating telepathically or by merging :)

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
If you suddenly died and went to a world completely different from ours... what would it be like? Include as many details as possible.

Example:
There's a mass of pink. Just pink. Is it oblivion? If you jump into the pink, it's your end. That's the firstthing you learn when you're born in this world. Physically, it's very tiny. Just a flat square with an empty center.

Along with rotating roads in the middle. It's inhabited by pink, fluffy cloud-like creatures with cute beady eyes and wheels as legs. that ride across the little roads of their square "planet."

Their social system is simple, yet complicated. Because they have barely any sensory input, they have to have conversations and thoughts to occupy their time.

They're very creative creatures capable of making entire universes through their thoughts, and by communicating, they can "physically" experience these realities. Most of their worlds, unsurprisingly, are abstract, unintelligible mindsets that are somehow capable of giving these mindsets form (as far as they're aware of) and experiencing them firsthand.

This is the main purpose of this world, and its primary source of entertainment.

Emotions are simple, and only consist of love, sadness, happiness, and neutrality. Embarassment doesn't exist. Neither does regret, hatred, anxiety, or any other emotion not fitting into those categories.

They communicate not by words, but with varying speeds with their paths, differing paths, and thought.

Because time doesn't really exist, they don't really die. It's up to them when to decide to jump into oblivion, and since depression doesn't exist... it must be a completely different reason. Usually an effort to communicate extremely strong feelings or an addition to a metaphor. Or maybe a finale to one of the create worlds/conversations.

Your turn. Entertain me, fellow NFs.

Feel free to ask each other about someone else's worlds, if you're wondering about a certain element.
I like. Hi there fluffy creature, how do these entities replicate?:tongue: We can't abolish time, but living in the moment is the closest you can get.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like. Hi there fluffy creature, how do these entities replicate?:tongue: We can't abolish time, but living in the moment is the closest you can get.
I like to think time really doesn't exist in this world so it's kind of a neverending loop until you kill yourself. And the one who killed themself is immediately replaced by one with the same personality, habits, etc. Still with a new conscience though. Basically a clone of the dead one to keep the others company. While the actual dead one just sort of moves on to the next world... and when the clone dies, same thing.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
It's a lush tropical forest where everything is green. The dirt, the plants, the river, everything is all green. It's all solid too, it looks like it's made of plastic. The forest seems to extend forever, and only two known creatures are in sight, hopping things that vaguely resemble frogs, and enormous pitcher plants. Oh and the sky is a very beautiful shade of light blue, no clouds, no stars, nothing except blue.

That's just what I saw when I closed my eyes and thought about it :tongue:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a lush tropical forest where everything is green. The dirt, the plants, the river, everything is all green. It's all solid too, it looks like it's made of plastic. The forest seems to extend forever, and only two known creatures are in sight, hopping things that vaguely resemble frogs, and enormous pitcher plants. Oh and the sky is a very beautiful shade of light blue, no clouds, no stars, nothing except blue.

That's just what I saw when I closed my eyes and thought about it :tongue:
Cool concept. Although are you sure you're NF? You sound more like an SF, based on how physical your descriptions are.

Still, Si allows good creativity... it's just less abstract, more physical-based (seeing, hearing, etc.) and hence, more useful in our society. You won't be as confusing to most people, and that's good.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Cool concept. Although are you sure you're NF? You sound more like an SF, based on how physical your descriptions are.

Still, Si allows good creativity... it's just less abstract, more physical-based (seeing, hearing, etc.) and hence, more useful in our society. You won't be as confusing to most people, and that's good.
Yeah, I'm an NF, but I do have a lot of Si, not as developed as my intuition functions, but still a lot of it. I'm not sure how though haha. I did also spend some time "fleshing out" my universe too, my original thoughts were too abstract to put into words.

Oh and I'm ENFJ, which is usually regarded as the most sensory of the intuitive types.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
A planet similar to ours, though more mountainous. The sky is always half day time, half night time. The inhabitants are extremely tall and extremely thin, similar to humans in form and are gender neutral. All of their functions are extroverted, with the only introverted function being the ability to know and understand what their invert is thinking and feeling. Each one has an "invert", which is their other half who was born somewhere else on their world at the same time. Since each half can only think and feel what is coming from their invert, they have no emotions, experiences or past memories of their own. They may be at a funeral, but feel happiness and joy coming from their invert. They may be celebrating a special occasion, but feel only sorrow and grief from their unknown twin.

If two inverts ever do find each other in their lifetime and become a pairing, they can finally experience their own thoughts and emotions that each one has safeguarded for the other. Also when two inverts unite, they become immortal, divine leaders and the pairings are generally regarded as holy and omniscient.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You wake up in a new world.

To your left and right there are tall firs, oaks, maples, and pines. The sky is a light golden colored haze, and it glints off of the leaves and needles all over the ground. The trees seem to soar to the sky, and thus the dappled light at first conceals the small white blossoms carpeting the ground. Small chirping noises seem to erupt from everywhere, echoing off of all of the fauna.

This world responds to abstract emotions- when one is happy, the sky glows brighter. When one is grieving, all of the plants become leeched of their color and start to whither and all of the streams and lakes begin to swell and flood.

Reactions: TuesdaysChild

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
I like to think time really doesn't exist in this world so it's kind of a neverending loop until you kill yourself. And the one who killed themself is immediately replaced by one with the same personality, habits, etc. Still with a new conscience though. Basically a clone of the dead one to keep the others company. While the actual dead one just sort of moves on to the next world... and when the clone dies, same thing.
Wouldn't that scare kids? I would like the male blue fluffies to merge with female pink fluffies, and the color of their offspring to be a blend of their parents. Just like the clothes in my washing machine.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Back when I was a fantasy nerd (meaning even worse than today) I created whole cosmologies in my head. Over time they got ever more complicated. The latest was a kind of 3 dimensional fractal tree with every branch of every branch being a lower level world and the highest gods would be at the centre. It would start with the obligatory dichotomies of good/evil and order/chaos and diversify from there.

I always love things to be huge and epic and all encompassing so every god, demi god or other kind of creature would have a place to exist somewhere in this structure.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
The tiny god ' (pronounced like a quiet sigh) created a wee little universe with a minuscule Black Circle orbiting O, a teeny ringworld, in the middle of which a single sun spread her radiation to the microscopic inhabitants of O. Oians worshipped Aah, their sun, and believed their souls came from her as light and took abode in the soil of O, from which they slowly made their way up the nutrition chain all the way to the largest inhabitants of O, the Oormous. When an Oormous died, their body was burned as it was believed the smoke would levitate along with their soul up to the orbiting Black Circle which would send it back into the heart of Aah through a tiny oormhole.

All was well in the peaceful realm of O, until one day Wooooow, an Oormous with a bottomless appetite for discovery and wonder was born. As a teenager, he built the first Oorscope and gazed heavenwards, with tumultous consequences for all Oians...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wouldn't that scare kids? I would like the male blue fluffies to merge with female pink fluffies, and the color of their offspring to be a blend of their parents. Just like the clothes in my washing machine.
The whole point of the form is to create a world really different from ours.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Not NF but joining in anyway.

The universe is a deep, black cradle. It lulls us like the waves of the gentle rocking of the sea. We are celestial beings, formless and made of astronomically powerful light. Time passes but without markers, no one could guess how much. Some yearn for more and begin to explore outward into the black. Others dislike the unknown and argue against the possibility of change. Opposing sides grow more polarized and war breaks out despite all negotiations. The black cradle is smashed to smithereens and new universe is revealed outside our own. We fall to a world in finite forms with greatly diminished capacities and abilities. We are forced to learn about life and death and lament for all we've lost.

Reactions: Tyltalis

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My universe is not a utopia, it is an SJ dystopia. Long ago, in the late 2000s, mankind eradicated itself through violence, pollution, and time. We had spent many years pouring our engineering efforts into building synthetic humans, androids who had, not the capacity for humanity, but the capacity for diligence, exactness, and strength that we needed to hold our wilted backbones up. As we grew dependent, we constructed these machines, manlike in appearance, but cold steel heartless on the inside. When the end came, it came with fire and a swiftness, no one knew what happened and there is no record of how it happened. As the wreckage lay smouldering, as the dust settled, an android rose from a disheveled building's remains somewhere in Western Europe. All humans, to its knowledge, were dead, so it decided to build a new civilisation. This was a special android, I suppose, because this is a story and special things happen to special entities. This was not a common android, it had a consciousness of sorts, a prime directive etched into its circuits, a drive to establish order and perfection and to improve, innovate, rationalise.

We're going to call this android Lambda, as it serves the same function a lambda function does in C#, and symbolism is important! Lambda had one goal: efficiency and survival. It had no real desires, only a meaningless drive to build and construct. Lambda, which is a female and who we will refer to as Her, started walking the Earth in search of survivors, She knew that there would have to be some sort of leftover human population, as it is statistically improbable that all humans were wiped out. As She meandered across the barren wastelands She slowly banded together a small group of 20 or so. This was her ark, these were her humans with which to repopulate and begin, once again, the eternal struggle for survival and dominance. Lambda does not feel, so Her sense of "time" is uncaring, and She had no problem waiting literally thousands of years for Her vision of the world to be achieved. She started repopulating, forcing those to reproduce and to build, Her followers quickly increased in size and volume, remaining survivors flocked from distant lands to find Her, She became a beacon of light for mankind. Fast forward to the late 5000s, She has kept herself alive and has drastically "improved" the human race's control over the Earth. Round two, I suppose.

She's engineered mankind, though, She's made us efficient and powerful, but cynical and unkind. Everyone does what they are "supposed to do," everything has a pattern and an order, nothing is unpredictable and everything happens as planned. Children play with balls in the street and the balls bounce the same number of times and in the exact same way every time, they all play at the same time intervals and go in at the same time, they all have the same curfews, the same set of skills, but of course they are allowed to choose their job pathway when they become adults. Of course, everything they "get to choose from" is predetermined and from a fixed set of possibilities, so there is no real freedom anywhere. She has become a beating heart of the centre of the civilisation, which has fixed itself somewhere near where Denmark used to be. She no longer speaks to anyone, She merely surveys and corrects whenever errors come up.

Of course, it doesn't end there, obviously there's a hero to this story. What Lambda did not predict was the fallibility of mankind and how randomly our genes work when unchecked. She decided to let diversity reign free and did not care to stifle what different kinds of people were born, as She had found a way to control all those who entered into Her "perfect" world. Of course, Lambda was wrong, She could not. In this world of sleepers, where no one is really awake, a boy is born who has the capacity for taking back man's humanity and free will. Named Theta, he grows to find he feels different from everyone else, perhaps because he really does feel, perhaps because he sees through the patterns. I'm actually planning on turning this concept into a novel, titled World of Sleepers. It's based off of an album by Carbon Based Lifeforms, and every chapter would correlate with the song of the album.

Not really my "perfect world," but definitely one of the many I have imagined in my head.

Reactions: Tyltalis

·
Registered
158 Posts
The reconstruction of a planet once called Earth

PART 1 - DARKNESS

You are a transparent blob of energy floating, wandering through this planet.

The only kingdom that exists now is Plantae, following the destruction of all other domains post the Great Ice Age.

From above, the planet seems serene yet powerful pain echoes through the winds.

You can feel it manifesting from within the Plantae kingdom; glowing darkness.

You have the ability to channel your essence into the Plantae spirit to absorb and to learn from the past it survived.

Images so powerful and distressing inject through you, some cannot endure the agony.

The blobs that cannot, float aimlessly through the haunted territories; afraid and in denial.

Green leaves springing reflect success and integration.

Patience is hope. Strength is key.

PART 2 - BLISS

The realm is restored, the darkness has been endured!

A transformation occurs, the center core of the planet absorbs all which exists, and replaces it with cyan liquid.

By some mysterious phenomena the planet now appears to be a large circular mass of floating 'water'!

Wait! What's that?! Catecean organisms are jumping off the cliff of their flat planet now fuming with smoke directly into the cyan blob! Many miss and fall for an eternity.

The Cetaceans that survive swim in pure joy and harmony through this magnificent planet for centuries.

Slowly some bits of the cyan liquid solidifies and is ingested by the the Cetaceans unconsciously, leading to a bizarre side effects; feelings of internal pressure that must be expelled!

Cetacean Feces.

PART 3 - NEUTRALITY

The feces float to the surface of this liquid planet; strange interactions occur leading to the absorption of cyan liquid from below resulting in bubble formation and evaporation forming an upper atmospheric space. The feces grows in magnitude, volume, and strength, quickly merging with other feces from the 'Collective Cetacean Expulsion' forming wide spreads of physical surfaces which cannot be broken down by the Cetaceans due to its rigidity!

Sunlight is seen by very few Cetaceans during this stage as these physical surfaces form around them, they swim within the lonely oceans now with hope for a brighter future.

A dotted looking planet not too distant from where the Cetaceans once called home explodes.

Its remains scatter across colliding with 'Earth', strange pea sized substances that inject deep into the Cetacean feces.

The kingdom of Plantae return.

P.S. Apologies I'm depressed so my Ne is rotting away :(((((

1 - 17 of 17 Posts