Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I got this Idea while sitting on the bus on the way home and thought about how misplaced you sometimes can feel in a world with constant stress and constant expectations of becoming something and participating in a society that doesn't actually fit my general way of being, I sometimes feel like a society misfit because I think the world in general is kinda fucked up the way it is now and I don't always feel like this world is meant for me..

So here's my idea, let's all together try to create our imaginative Utopia with the help of telling a story where you always adress the main character as you. Continue where the post before you left off, it might be a pain to read all the posts to grasp the story but it will be fun :)

This is a place where we [ISTJs] can thrive and feel at home, this is where all our crazy and awesome ideas about how our Utopian world should be become one, everything in this story world is possible, I would be happy if someone picks up the story where mine ends, have fun :)...
I stole the idea from this thread. Basically, we ISTJs write a story together that describes the perfect ISTJ utopia, in second person point of view.

Let's start it off like this:

You look out your airplane window, worried. This is the exact same spot where... it must have been extreme turbulence, or an engine failure. Your INFP friend had gone missing along with 500 others on that flight. Your friend called you that day, told you that it was alright, but don't they always say that?

Suddenly, a light gently pulses outside your window, then engulfs the entire plane. You can't see anything, but when you do, you gently land on the ground of a place that doesn't look anything like home, yet somehow seems familiar.

The smell of green grass and freshly baked bread blend beneath a blue sky. On your right, the delicious wafts of smoke from a mud-brick building give you a source of the smell.

...NEXT!

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is true. Hmm my imagination is not developed enough to make up more to the story... Maybe Jotum could?
I wouldnt be able to create an imaginary world for ISTJ's if they had my world they would go crazy to all the abstract thinking, would be more of a dystopia for them then a utopia..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mmm, an ISTJ / INFP relationship in a mystery setting? This could be a case for Mulder and Scully.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
ISTJ-topia: the potential child of Piet Mondriaan and Louis Antoine de Saint-Just.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Aw, come on guys! I was looking forward to this thread developing. Once, when my ISTJ friend and I were roommates, we were both in bed, just chilling, talking about our day and we started joking about something. From that joke, I started to make up a story and she picked up on it and added hilarious/brilliant details! I was quite surprised!

It was so much fun! C'mon ISTJs, I know some of you have got some hidden potential ;)

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Aw, come on guys! I was looking forward to this thread developing. Once, when my ISTJ friend and I were roommates, we were both in bed, just chilling, talking about our day and we started joking about something. From that joke, I started to make up a story and she picked up on it and added hilarious/brilliant details! I was quite surprised!

It was so much fun! C'mon ISTJs, I know some of you have got some hidden potential ;)
Sorry; I took the red pill.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
The fairytale feeling of this town makes you imagine your INFP friend loving it here. If you didn't already know for sure that this was where they were last spotted, you might have ventured a guess on your own that they spend time here.

As a giant cumulus cloud wafts over the sun, your attention is captured by a dark haired man walking along the edge of a building with an armful of hens and a shifty gaze. A few moments later you hear what sounds like choking, and a definite sound of what you could only describe as begawking. What kind of place is this? People slaughtering chickens on the street? The primitive feel makes your skin crawl. You need to find a decent hotel for tonight, no way will an inn do. God knows what kinds of people you'd find in there. You can begin the search after you have yourself settled.

Tonight's going to be an interesting night.

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
The fairytale feeling of this town makes you imagine your INFP friend loving it here. If you didn't already know for sure that this was where they were last spotted, you might have ventured a guess on your own that they spend time here.

As a giant cumulus cloud wafts over the sun, your attention is captured by a dark haired man walking along the edge of a building with an armful of hens and a shifty gaze. A few moments later you hear what sounds like choking, and a definite sound of what you could only describe as begawking. What kind of primitive place is this? People slaughtering chickens on the street? The primitive feel makes your skin crawl. You need to find a decent hotel for tonight, no way will an inn do. God knows what kinds of people you'd find in there. You can begin the search after you have yourself settled.

Tonight's going to be an interesting night.
lol. Shifty people and a suspicious environment? Isn't this supposed to be a utopia? :laughing:

"You start walking through the town, gazing at all of the neat houses, each with their own unique feel, but clearly all cut from a similar mold. The street looks newly swept and there isn't a piece of garbage in sight.

Much different than the cities I'm used to, you think.​

As you keep walking, you see a couple of cleanly-dressed people who are peering down the streets. You quickly come to the conclusion that they are the local law enforcement. When they see you, they give a smile and a nod.

Hmm, you ponder, perhaps they can help me find a safe place to stay the night. Maybe they can explain what happened to me on that flight and how this eerily perfect city works.

You approach one of the men, hoping for some answers."

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Well yeah, it's a utopia, but you can't just go on about how beautiful everything is for an entire story. Add some layers, some twists... Do other ISTJs not like twists?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Well yeah, it's a utopia, but you can't just go on about how beautiful everything is for an entire story. Add some layers, some twists... Do other ISTJs not like twists?
It makes for the best stories.

Reactions: Owfin
1 - 20 of 30 Posts