Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am perfectly and irrevocably okay today and that is a wondrously curious atypical reality in my daily life. Cheers to positive energy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Today I solved a problem at work that I have been working on for a long time, just goes to show that perseverance and patience pay off in the end!

Cool idea for a thread btw, there is definitely not enough positive thinking in this world :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a pretty intense conversation with an INTP friend of mine last night. In venting all my worries and concerns to him, he finally broke down and verbally slapped me with some truth: if I keep worrying and over thinking every aspect of my life, then my life will be forever miserable, and it will be no one's fault but my own.

I've dedicated myself to stop making every decision based on the feelings of others, and simply live my life as I want to, using my Fe as a guide rather than a dictator.

I've only been at it for a half a day now, but I already feel better than I have in weeks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good work! And, it does pay off, indeed! Thank you for your virtual thumbs up on the thread, and even more so, thank you for posting! :happy:

Today I solved a problem at work that I have been working on for a long time, just goes to show that perseverance and patience pay off in the end!

Cool idea for a thread btw, there is definitely not enough positive thinking in this world :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Splendid realization and goal! It is certainly not easy to let go on what we see as control. It is like our own internal crazy cycle that we cling to thinking that we are somehow in control (at least I do), but we do have moments when we get a newsflash in some way that opens our eyes to some truths about how Fe can work against us. I am glad you have made this discovery and wish you the best in this endeavor.

Thank you for sharing!

I've dedicated myself to stop making every decision based on the feelings of others, and simply live my life as I want to, using my Fe as a guide rather than a dictator.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we go wrong in thinking that we need a reason to be happy. You don't need a reason to be happy. You are free to be happy just because! Free yourself from circumstantial thinking and allow yourself to be happy because it's good for you and everyone around you!
Exactly TRUE! But, very hard to do for whatever reason. Thank you for making this point. I am sure it is something we can all adopt into our personal value system. Happiness is a state of mind.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
What a great thread! I've grown up being a pessimist, and I think the reason I found it difficult to be more of an optimist is because I thought that it would generate complacency and diminish my determination. These to things were different, but that concept rang so loud in my unconscious that I hadn't realized it was operating by default. I found that I had to be able to learn how to tell myself that everything I was doing was worthwhile and meaningful. I hadn't done so, and I would only deem things meaningful and worthy of time if they were near perfect. Life is a little smoother for me now that I have learned to tell myself that these things are meaningful.

There's another problem that I encountered along the way: People telling me that I'm worthless or that what I do is meaningless... These sorts of things are difficult to deal with. I don't fully understand why I'm very sensitive and reactive to what others think and say about me. I manage to fight of these thoughts that seep into my mind like poison; however they take time and energy. Though it's exhausting, I believe fighting the forces of negative energy is a worthwhile thing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am very happy that I got to spend the weekend with three of my babies. We had a great time and now I am worn out! They always manage to make me feel loved and appreciated when I need it the most. My oldest boy even came this weekend and it was nice getting to hang out with him and just enjoy his beauty. I love my kids!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is going to be hard today as I have had a difficult 24 hours. Let me see....

I got to eat a cookie today! That made me happy. For the moment. But, nonetheless, happy :tongue:

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
INFJs take so much to heart and soul, and get overwhelmed so easily. Why not take in the good, and soak up serenity so that for one hour, one day - you feel cherished, appreciated, understood - LOVED.

infj1.jpg

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today is a HAPPY, HAPPY day as it is the end of the school semester for me and my adventures with "Mary Magdalene" got me and "A" in history!!! I am still waiting for my grade in my other class, but so far two "A's" are good for me! My grade in sociology is hanging in the balance between a "B" and a "C" depending on my grade for my final paper, which I think is an "A" paper, so we shall see. I am SO happy the semester is done and tomorrow I get to make pumpkin cake rolls with my baby girl (age 10) Rayne. It is the one time of year that I actually bake and I even like it. I guess that is the trick... doing it only once a year :)

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
I love happy! :happy:

Reactions: Warrior_Princess

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations on your grades and enjoy your free time :)

Today is a cooking adventure day. I am attempting to make tacos al pastor - vegetarian version. Here's what they look like normally...

taco_reasonably_small.jpg

Since there's no particularly good pork substitute for pork loin... especially slow-cooked pork, I've decided to go with Quorn grounds (which is a ground beef substitute using meatier mushrooms, and mushrooms have a great ability to absorb the flavored liquids, so I theorize it's my best bet in terms of how meats take on flavors in a slow cook process).

In addition to the tacos themselves, I will be making habanero mashed potatoes, home-made hot sauce, pickled red onions (pickled with Jalapeno for spice), and fresh sliced cucumber (the onions are a common taco topping in Mexico, and cucumbers are also often offered to cut the spice and rich flavors of much of the street food).

Cooking Adventures make me happy :) I'm very lucky to be able to have cooking adventures.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts