Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm thinking of sending this email to male INFP who I may have scared off with my direct and forward enfpness(please see previous thread "did I scare off male infp"?)

is this cute, or do u think it's too creepy or pushy?

I've been feeling really badly about the kiss gone wrong and I thought I should apologize if I offended you in any way, or gave you the impression that I was trying to push you into the fast lane.

I'm normally quite shy about relationship-type things, but suddenly felt the urge to kiss you and well, you know the rest of the story. I keep playing the scene over in my head, wishing that I could take back that moment of impulsivity. I think I was so anxious about anticipating a first kiss that I just quickly blurted out that I wanted to kiss you. Eek, what a heel! Thanks for being so gentlemanly even though u were unprepared for the lip assault :) Given my ENFPness, I sometimes can be sensitive and read meaning where there is none. After the kiss, a million thoughts ran through my head and I was having trouble pulling myself together because I felt really embarrassed about how clumsily I proposed the "activity", and also felt awkward that I had put you in an uncomfortable situation. If the air was tense, it wasn't because i was mad at you, just upset with myself and unable to come to terms with all of those feelings at the moment.

In a way, I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to say that you like to take things slower. In fact, that takes a lot of pressure off and I'm ok with that. I truly enjoy getting to know you and I feel pretty comfortable with you. Hopefully, this one unfortunately timed incident can be overlooked? I hope so, because honestly, I think you are quite great, and I'd like to spend some more time getting to know you. And I promise I can keep hands and lips to myself :)

Hope all is well.

The awkward kisser

P.S. Hope you aren't ruminating about this...because clearly, you did nothing wrong.*

·
Registered
112 Posts
:laughing:

at the same time that you were posting this, i posted in your other thread a suggestion that you write an email exactly like this!

NF psychicness ftw

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
it's nice. Cute, to the point and he'll no doubt go over it 50x.

I used to be a very similar kind of infp. I didn't even 'accept' that I was out with a girl when I was out with a girl, it made it awkward because I was always pretending it was 'just friends'. It's good that he can really absorb something like this. It might even open him up a little bit. I know the only time I used to be able to open up was when the girl pretty much slapped me over the face with her feelings.

Reactions: barbalootSuits

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My only question is the use of "quite great" near the end - isn't that a bit ... weak? He could be great or merely good, but "quite great" just sounds wrong to my perfectionistic mind. Other than that go for it :happy:

·
Banned
780 Posts
I would love that, I would say ENFP's are my favorite when pursuing a partner. Good email, send it. As an infp, I would appreciate it.

Reactions: cafecubana

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Okay my INFP friends, email has been sent. I will keep you posted, but so far, my stomach is in knots! I guess these are the types of risks one takes when dating though....I feel like I may have a heart attack.
btw, I LOVE enfp's. You guys are awesome. Good luck.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
btw, I LOVE enfp's. You guys are awesome. Good luck.
Aw, thanks Amanda. I wish I felt as awesome as you think I am ;) I'm constantly second-guessing myself and berating myself for doing the wrong thing.

Haven't heard back from INFP guy and I'm feeling kind of hopeless about it. Maybe it's still soon though? I only sent it around 4 PM and he usually seems to ruminate and think a bit, or a lot, before he gets back to me. Sigh.:unsure:

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Angel, Acey, Calvaire - I keep re-reading it and I think it sounds sweet. I know I would totally love an email like that. But no response yet. Do you INFPs ruminate as much as we ENFPs? I'm tortured here, going through every possible scenario of what's going on in his brain, and wondering if I'll ever hear from this lovely soul again. I'll keep you posted.... Thanks for the uplifting comments :laughing:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Angel, Acey, Calvaire - I keep re-reading it and I think it sounds sweet. I know I would totally love an email like that. But no response yet. Do you INFPs ruminate as much as we ENFPs? I'm tortured here, going through every possible scenario of what's going on in his brain, and wondering if I'll ever hear from this lovely soul again. I'll keep you posted.... Thanks for the uplifting comments :laughing:
We ruminate all the time on how horrifically everything could turn out. I'd say, though, in this case, that you're more than fine. The note was cute and I'd love to receive on like it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Good luck, I'd be curious to see as to what happens. I'm sure it'll go well, he's lucky enough to have been kissed by someone like you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts