Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't say anything about the boring part because it is subjective.
And no, the big five theory does not describe thought process. But I think this is actually the most challenging thing with it. We only know that the statistical trait is made upon what others would describe as the quality of a person. Digging about the how is really intriguing.

Actually I disagree with you because the big five theory could be use for personal growth and that s because it predicts stuff. For example, when you understand the disagreement between the left and the right because of personality it gives you and insight about what people believe or act and why, what is his purpose. I use the big five to identify strenght and weaknesses and having a self authoring program about it, even meditate on it.
I know for example that I am a very creative person and so I know that I would have an advantage in art for example

Yes, all the reading is here
I found these are all exciting.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What's the big five? I only know of the Big Four... that's name, rank, serial number, and date of birth. Oh fuck, wrong place for that. Hahaha!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
When people say Big Five is better, they generally mean as a scientific measure. Big Five predicts other traits someone may have better than Myers-Briggs, and the results of Big Five test are more easily replicated than Myers-Briggs. Could they do some rewording to make it sound nicer? Yes, but from a purely scientific standpoint it doesn't matter.
It's "more scientific" is just a fancy way of saying it's "more profitable", meaning you can get people to pay to take tests, tell them how miserable they are, then sell them a solution to make more money

21 - 23 of 23 Posts