Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone once said to me (He apologized afterwards) that he wished I would die alone. My initial reaction was the thought: "Why yes. It IS pretty likely that I would die alone".This thought was not only accurate but kind of comfortable in a strange way.

Let's have a thread with the stuff people put to you as critique but you secretly consider a compliment.

• You're so cold!
  • You always look like you're trying to solve all the worlds problems (I am)
  • You scare me!
  • You always obsess over small details!
  • You're always trying to control everything! (A psychologist said this to me)
  • You're not getting a hug!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I get laughed at for expressing numerical quantities precisely:

"I'll be done in 17 minutes."
"It's 3.2 miles to the next trail junction."
"That's a relative percent difference of 19.34."

Yea, like that's a bad thing!

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
*They are selfish
*They always think they're right.
*They only do what they want to do when THEY want to do it.
*They are no fun. Go some place with them and they whine and complain about how they don't like people and would rather be at home.
*They are cheap.
*They are not supportive but expect you to be.

For starters.
This .

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love how most types when recieving criticism get angry and irritated, but INTJ's just assess wether or not the statement is true and then acknowledge or denounce it based on its accuracy.

"FUCK YOU! YOU'RE A COLD BASTARD WHO DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME! YOU THINK YOU'RE SO FUCKING SMART!"
"Cold, check. Don't care, check. Think I'm smart, check. Yup, that fits the bill"

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That I thoroghly crush bad ideas, in a very unsympathetic way. That I only care about work and abstract things. That I'm single-minded.

·
Registered
178 Posts
  • "You're so weird!" (Why yes, yes I am).
  • "You're such a nerd!" (Thank you for noticing).
  • "Stop being such a cynic!" (I prefer the term 'realistic', but thanks).
  • "You are obviously an INTJ!" (I'm honored)!
  • "Stop being so perfectionistic." (I interpret this as "You hold yourself to high standards" and feel satisfaction).
  • "Sometimes you just disappear!" (It's called introverting, and I'm actually proud of this characteristic).
  • "You are so quiet." (Again, yes, I'm an introvert and proud).
  • "You don't do small talk." (Nope, I don't believe in wasting my time).
  • "Your writing reads like that of a professor or scholarly journal." (He meant that it was dry, but I was really flattered).
  • "Your writing is so technical." (Yes, it is well researched and factual).
  • "I wanted more emotion from you." (I'm a T and proud.)
  • "Only you thinking types wouldn't appreciate this." (Again, I'm flattered).

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

My dad does that to me and it drives me NUTS!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I hope you die in public! :crazy:
I hope you die in Disneyland from choking on one of the funnel cakes you were binge-eating emotionally. And that a suntanned ESTP of your non-preferred sex will give you wet mouth-to-mouth unsuccessfully while calling you a moron.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I hope you die in Disneyland from choking on one of the funnel cakes you were binge-eating emotionally. And that a suntanned ESTP of your non-preferred sex will give you wet mouth-to-mouth unsuccessfully while calling you a moron.
Of course, you might as well hope for a sudden flight of invisible pink unicorns that crap magic stardust. INTJs and emotional binge-eating... LOL.

Of course, if someone gives wet mouth to mouth under such circumstances, it is most likely that the person receiving it will be out cold and won't know a thing, while the giver is subject to being vomited in the mouth.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Of course, you might as well hope for a sudden flight of invisible pink unicorns that crap magic stardust. INTJs and emotional binge-eating... LOL.

Of course, if someone gives wet mouth to mouth under such circumstances, it is most likely that the person receiving it will be out cold and won't know a thing, while the giver is subject to being vomited in the mouth.
But if the unicorns are invisible, how do you know they're pink?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally Posted by uplander

My dad does that to me and it drives me NUTS!
I only do this 42.76% of the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You don't care what other people think. (sometimes meant as a compliment, but many times meant as a complaint). This compliment in criticism's clothing strokes my ego like nothing else.

You're weird. or Why can't you just act like a normal person? One of my first real impulses as a child was to be unique and different. I hope the only day that I am "like everyone else" is when I'm lying in my grave.

This is hard. As a teacher, I run a "tight ship" (others' words, not mine) and challenge my students to the limit of their abilities. I love, love, love proving to my students that they are smarter than they know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts